seau055

I-751 April 2017 Filers

1,736 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Fellow April filer (mailed April 29th). I feel anxious now reading how much evidence people sent, all I sent was rental agreement in both our names, health insurance card in both our names and car loan in both names. How long after mailing did you guys hear anything?

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

1 hour ago, G&V K said:

Checks cashed this morning (sent two separate checks). Now waiting for NOA.

Package sent to VSC on 4/8.

Checks cashed on 5/3. 

Yay!

Did they cash the check like early in the morning?

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Cam54 said:

Fellow April filer (mailed April 29th). I feel anxious now reading how much evidence people sent, all I sent was rental agreement in both our names, health insurance card in both our names and car loan in both names. How long after mailing did you guys hear anything?

Those are all very good items to send. They prove you both currently live at the same address and have co-mingled finances/financial liability.  

Secondary evidence might have also helped to show proof of an ongoing relationship such as photos/receipts from a vacation, bank statements for the last 2 or 3 years, a few EOBs from your insurance. There is a really good list pinned at the top of the topic listing here on VJ.

I hope none of that is needed in your case and that everything will be fine.

Edited by SofisPatience
grammar

~Sofi~

Bismillah

4/11/17: Mailed I-751

4/13/17: Package Arrived, NOA1 dated

4/27/17: Check Cashed

4/29/17: NOA Received

5/6/17:   Bio-metrics Letter Received

5/19/17: Bio-metrics Apointment

@G&V K thanks!

The first thing I do every morning is to check if our check got cashed...

They received our package on 4/13, so hopefully we'll be the next!

1 minute ago, Oli_C said:

@G&V K thanks!

I do the same thing everyday.

They received our package on 4/15.

22 minutes ago, Oli_C said:

@G&V K thanks!

I know exactly how you feel... I don't understand why it took so long - if you notice the excel list, the packages sent during the first week in April were processed faster than ours sent during the second week and on.

Perhaps you can try their customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor. My green card expires this Sunday so it was urgent to find out what is going on.

4 minutes ago, G&V K said:

I know exactly how you feel... I don't understand why it took so long - if you notice the excel list, the packages sent during the first week in April were processed faster than ours sent during the second week and on.

Perhaps you can try their customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor. My green card expires this Sunday so it was urgent to find out what is going on.

I did call the customer service, and the lady told me to wait 30 days until I can speak with a supervisor :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Eurgh I'm such an idiot, i somehow missed that I had to include the biometrics fee so now have to wait for them to send my application back with insufficient funds, glad I did my application as soon as the 90 day window started! 

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

5 minutes ago, Oli_C said:

I did call the customer service, and the lady told me to wait 30 days until I can speak with a supervisor :(

Yea that was what I was told too the first 2 times I called. The 3rd time I called I said that I was in a lot of stress because it had been more than 3 weeks with no news and my card was expiring soon. I did not give any details of specific dates of sending my package or date of expiration for them to start counting days and give me the usual response. I remained polite but firm on my request to speak to someone who can check my case status. I do not know if I was just lucky. 

When I ended up talking to the supervisor, (they called me back after 3 1/2 hours) it took them 1 minute to check my case in their system. 

Hey all! 

Check cashed yesterday! NOA received today extending the card by one year. Just waiting on the biometrics now! :) 

Edited by TMDM

On 5/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, W&C said:

Check was cashed! Come on NOA1! 

Received our NOA today!  

CR-1 Journey:                                                                 ROC Journey:

6/25/2013 Engaged                                                        4/13/2017 Mailed I-751 to CSC

7/19/2014 Married                                                          4/17/2017 I-751 Received CSC

8/12/2014 CR1 Started                                                  5/2/2017 Check Cashed

6/17/2015 CR1 Interview                                               5/3/2017 NOA1 Received

7/10/2015 Arrival @ POE                                               5/25/2017 Biometrics Appt

2/26/2018 Case Transferred to "Local Office" 

7/5/2018 InfoPass Appt for Extension

7/31/2018 Case Approved

8/3/2018 Received Green Card

April 2017 I-751 Filers Spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t335PrkwxPk7sRryv02NH3vrWHy0vlkBxjmPy5VYJO8/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.