8,297 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

When I first joined this thread, I told a bit about my story and how I'm a second time filer (with the same fiance).  If you're really interested in that part you can read my signature for the details.  One thing I promised though is that I would give you some helpful hints and instructions that were given to me when filing the first time.

Now that we are seeing (at least two) NOA2 approvals- I wanted to go ahead and share this information with you all!  If you read through this entire post I promise you will have some helpful information.  But beware- it is long! 

Here is what I did. Please feel free to absorb and apply as you see fit. 

Step 1:  Obtaining Your Case Number
The average number of days it takes for a file to arrive at NVC after NOA2 is around 3 to 5 business days.  Begin calling on day 3.  The best time to get through is after 6pm (EST) on weeknights.  They remain staffed until 10pm (EST).  The number is (603)-334-0700.
If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.

After this, you'll need to press two buttons:
1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.

Special Note:  When you first get into the loop, you can hit 1 (wait 1 second) and then 7- no need to listen to the spiel in between numbers unless you have a burning desire to. 

You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!

When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for 
your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2017...

When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow.  

The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm. 

When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name 
and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.

They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.

Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your Beneficiary's Embassy City, followed by 2017, and then two 3-digit numbers.

(Fun fact:  The last three numbers are what order the cases were assigned that day.   For example, if your last three digits are 029, you were the 29th case assigned that day.)

This number will stay with your file for the rest of this journey.  Write it down!

Step 2:  Checking your CEAC Status
After many calls to NVC and short eternities of horrible on-hold music (haha), you finally have your case file.  Enjoy the stroll from here on out, it can go by very quickly!!

You can now check your case status at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Under Visa Application Type- Select Immigrant Visa 
Under Immigrant Visa Case Number- type in you newly minted Case File Number.

Step 3:  The Last Steps
Now, you will have one of a few answers to you query.  At NVC, In Transit, Arrived, or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 and schedule your interview!!!

On many Embassy websites, you can download your packet 3 instructions and help your fiance prepare what is needed before the interview.  These are country-specific instructions.   For my fiance's country (Nigeria), the packet was on their website.  They also eventually emailed it to me, but I didn't wait for their email since I obtained it from their website.  This packet will give you instructions about the medical exam and the police report that is needed before the interview.

Some of you may want to be present for your fiance(e)'s interview.  Some countries do not allow the petitioner to enter into the embassy for the interview with the beneficiary.   Nigeria is one of those countries that do not allow it, but I was present on the property for the interview and he took my passport inside with him to show that I was there!

It is suggested that you take additional evidence to the interview.  The embassy will have the copy of your petition and any documents that you sent along with it.  My suggestion is that you take proof of your relationship from the time you submitted your petition until now.  We took copies of call logs, excerpts of WhatsApp chat logs and additional pictures.  Also, don't forget the updated Intent To Marry documents as well as the Affidavit of Support (I-134).

Personally speaking, in preparation for our interview, I read all of the consulate reviews for Nigeria.  That was possibly a little overboard but Nigeria is a high fraud country so any preparation is beneficial.  I wrote down all of the questions that were asked to the beneficiaries and my fiance and I practiced them thoroughly many times- there were about 100 different questions between all of the reviews.  We had a lot of fun preparing and it was a good opportunity to hear some of the answers that he would give if he was asked certain questions!  This will help to build their confidence and to iron out any details in answers that they may not know.

This can be a very exciting time but can also be very stressful on both parties.  Be understanding, be loving, and be supportive!  Remember that your loved one is facing, in most cases, leaving everything and everyone they've ever known to travel to a country that they may not have ever been to.

I pray that each one of you have a safe journey for the rest of this time and that the Lord's will be done for you, your fiance(e),  and your marriage.  Blessings to each of you!

I've been through this process before, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!!

I called and after 30 mins of hold was able to get a hold of someone.

My NOA1 notice date is 4/25

They told me that they had no record of my case after I gave them the WAC number.  I was trying to get my case number but maybe I called too early in the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

Congratulations!!!!!  That's so exciting!!

Also, I was looking at your timeline and your profile and noticed that you put that your service center was the Texas Service Center.

To be clear, all I-129f petitions are sent to the Texas lockbox (which is different from the Texas Service Center) and then routed to the California Service Center.  The Texas lockbox  acts as USCIS' personal post office and sends petitions where they need to go to be adjudicated.  It is not an actual service center.  All I-129f petitions (since March of 2015) are being adjudicated by the California service center.

If you correct this on your timeline it will give you a more accurate reading as well as help out with VJ statistics. 

The only exception is if your NOA1 specifically states the word "transferred" instead of "routed". 

oh thank you for the information  @Unshakable Faith.. The truth is I am just new here.. and I still dont know how to operate it. and I also dont knowsome informations too. hehehehhe  :) I will change it now. Thank you :) I am learning here, :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greatle Mae said:

oh thank you for the information  @Unshakable Faith.. The truth is I am just new here.. and I still dont know how to operate it. and I also dont knowsome informations too. hehehehhe  :) I will change it now. Thank you :) I am learning here, :)

Welcome to the thread. :)  Glad you found us.  You will want to check out the Filipino thread also since that will give you lots of information about your exact situation.  http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
11 hours ago, spike198 said:

AHHH!!!!  Just catching up on all the excitement of an April NOA2!  I know it's probably an anomaly, but it's still a step in the right direction!  

Very cool news!  However not surprising.  We will see more news of NOA2's really start to trickle in once  we roll into July.  Good luck to everyone on here!

Edited by Cruise77

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Estibaliz said:

That's the key point... Apparently this new electronic system for the K1 is being implemented where they already had it for CR1/IR1 petitions. I saw a couple of people saying to call the immigrant line and then select 1 for English and 5 for these agents working the new system. But this is all second hand advice from other people calling these days, so I don't really know.

It's cool you took the time to give a call to NVC to check and refresh the info first hand. That sure is planning ahead :)

Feel like telling you I have you as an example here, for persisting with your "unshakable faith" after that first experience you had. I know if that happened to me I'd be devastated... I don't know, just one of those days when you want things over and get a bit sad 😕

Thank you for your kind words!  The past few months came with much devastation but God is faithful, I know He is!  This process is definitely not for the faint of heart!  I thank God for the faith and strength He has given me!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, DrivinAForeign said:

I called and after 30 mins of hold was able to get a hold of someone.

My NOA1 notice date is 4/25

They told me that they had no record of my case after I gave them the WAC number.  I was trying to get my case number but maybe I called too early in the process.

This is the process after you've received NOA2 (your approval).  Until then,  NVC won't have your case, it is still with USCIS.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
03/05/2015- NOA1
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
05/14/2018- Visa issued

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

13 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

When I first joined this thread, I told a bit about my story and how I'm a second time filer (with the same fiance).  If you're really interested in that part you can read my signature for the details.  One thing I promised though is that I would give you some helpful hints and instructions that were given to me when filing the first time.

Now that we are seeing (at least two) NOA2 approvals- I wanted to go ahead and share this information with you all!  If you read through this entire post I promise you will have some helpful information.  But beware- it is long! 

Here is what I did. Please feel free to absorb and apply as you see fit. 

Step 1:  Obtaining Your Case Number
The average number of days it takes for a file to arrive at NVC after NOA2 is around 3 to 5 business days.  Begin calling on day 3.  The best time to get through is after 6pm (EST) on weeknights.  They remain staffed until 10pm (EST).  The number is (603)-334-0700.
If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.

After this, you'll need to press two buttons:
1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.

Special Note:  When you first get into the loop, you can hit 1 (wait 1 second) and then 7- no need to listen to the spiel in between numbers unless you have a burning desire to. 

You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!

When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for 
your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2017...

When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow.  

The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm. 

When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name 
and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.

They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.

Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your Beneficiary's Embassy City, followed by 2017, and then two 3-digit numbers.

(Fun fact:  The last three numbers are what order the cases were assigned that day.   For example, if your last three digits are 029, you were the 29th case assigned that day.)

This number will stay with your file for the rest of this journey.  Write it down!

Step 2:  Checking your CEAC Status
After many calls to NVC and short eternities of horrible on-hold music (haha), you finally have your case file.  Enjoy the stroll from here on out, it can go by very quickly!!

You can now check your case status at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Under Visa Application Type- Select Immigrant Visa 
Under Immigrant Visa Case Number- type in you newly minted Case File Number.

Step 3:  The Last Steps
Now, you will have one of a few answers to you query.  At NVC, In Transit, Arrived, or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 and schedule your interview!!!

On many Embassy websites, you can download your packet 3 instructions and help your fiance prepare what is needed before the interview.  These are country-specific instructions.   For my fiance's country (Nigeria), the packet was on their website.  They also eventually emailed it to me, but I didn't wait for their email since I obtained it from their website.  This packet will give you instructions about the medical exam and the police report that is needed before the interview.

Some of you may want to be present for your fiance(e)'s interview.  Some countries do not allow the petitioner to enter into the embassy for the interview with the beneficiary.   Nigeria is one of those countries that do not allow it, but I was present on the property for the interview and he took my passport inside with him to show that I was there!

It is suggested that you take additional evidence to the interview.  The embassy will have the copy of your petition and any documents that you sent along with it.  My suggestion is that you take proof of your relationship from the time you submitted your petition until now.  We took copies of call logs, excerpts of WhatsApp chat logs and additional pictures.  Also, don't forget the updated Intent To Marry documents as well as the Affidavit of Support (I-134).

Personally speaking, in preparation for our interview, I read all of the consulate reviews for Nigeria.  That was possibly a little overboard but Nigeria is a high fraud country so any preparation is beneficial.  I wrote down all of the questions that were asked to the beneficiaries and my fiance and I practiced them thoroughly many times- there were about 100 different questions between all of the reviews.  We had a lot of fun preparing and it was a good opportunity to hear some of the answers that he would give if he was asked certain questions!  This will help to build their confidence and to iron out any details in answers that they may not know.

This can be a very exciting time but can also be very stressful on both parties.  Be understanding, be loving, and be supportive!  Remember that your loved one is facing, in most cases, leaving everything and everyone they've ever known to travel to a country that they may not have ever been to.

I pray that each one of you have a safe journey for the rest of this time and that the Lord's will be done for you, your fiance(e),  and your marriage.  Blessings to each of you!

I've been through this process before, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us and for your well wishes :) 

It's a scary process and having to prove to someone how much you love your fiancee and someone having so much power over the rest of your life and your happiness is hard. I've heard the embassy in London is pretty straight forward based on the reviews I read here so I hope that's the case. I get really nervous with simple job interviews so hopefully it won't be too scary lol.

Filed: Other Timeline
On June 23, 2017 at 0:53 AM, Anne1988 said:

Hi everyone I just want to inform you guys that I have a friend who is an April filer as well who got her NOA2..NOA1 is April 14 2017 and NOA2 is June 17...😊😊😊

This is amazing news!!! Love waking up to this! Although I am jealous as my NOA1 date is 10 days before your friend's. Is there any way your friend can join the site & create a timeline? Hope to start seeing more late march and April approvals rolling in!

Also, how does one 'expedite' a case??? Is this some kind of option one can request? If so....yes please. Heh.

Edited by C and E
spelling

Timeline
1 hour ago, C and E said:

This is amazing news!!! Love waking up to this! Although I am jealous as my NOA1 date is 10 days before your friend's. Is there any way your friend can join the site & create a timeline? Hope to start seeing more late march and April approvals rolling in!

Also, how does one 'expedite' a case??? Is this some kind of option one can request? If so....yes please. Heh.

Hi actually she's already a member of VJ and she already updated her timeline..they didn't do anything to expedite the process they are just lucky and so blessed to get approve that fast .

Timeline
5 hours ago, C and E said:

Expedites can be obtained by calling USCIS and speaking to one of the representatives.   There is heavy criteria that also requires proof.   I received an expedite at one point in my journey under the emergent situation and/or humanitarian reasons. 

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
03/05/2015- NOA1
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
05/14/2018- Visa issued

Timeline

hello everyone.

The waiting game for is getting tough and hard.

Me and Fiancé is not our in best times right now.

We fight, jealousy, insecurities and I feel like I am about to give up.

I've been wanting to share about in this group, I am just not that type of person who talks about private life to other people.

But we are all in the same page of our life chapter.

Everyday is a sacrifice and worth waiting.

I cried so hard everyday, and my fiancé too because we really hate the situation we are right now.

As much as he wants to come back and visit me again, we would rather save the money so I could get a direct flight as I have asthma and I can't travel for long hours.

I miss him so much. I am getting possessive sometimes, I feel like every girls around him will flirt with him :(

I wish this waiting game would end soon.

I am patiently waiting.

Praying that God would extend our patience.

IF its meant to happen, it will. In the right time. In God's time.

I just don't want to be traumatize again as we have rejected on our first packet for sending old form (even we got it from uscis site) I don't want that to happen again.

My depression and anxiety is getting worse.

The only thing I am thinking right now is

It will come when we least expect it.

I wish I would here from them even if its an RFE or I would be happy if it will be NOA 2 already.

With God nothing is impossible.

I am sorry for venting out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 minutes ago, krizia said:

hello everyone.

The waiting game for is getting tough and hard.

Me and Fiancé is not our in best times right now.

We fight, jealousy, insecurities and I feel like I am about to give up.

I've been wanting to share about in this group, I am just not that type of person who talks about private life to other people.

But we are all in the same page of our life chapter.

Everyday is a sacrifice and worth waiting.

I cried so hard everyday, and my fiancé too because we really hate the situation we are right now.

As much as he wants to come back and visit me again, we would rather save the money so I could get a direct flight as I have asthma and I can't travel for long hours.

I miss him so much. I am getting possessive sometimes, I feel like every girls around him will flirt with him :(

I wish this waiting game would end soon.

I am patiently waiting.

Praying that God would extend our patience.

IF its meant to happen, it will. In the right time. In God's time.

I just don't want to be traumatize again as we have rejected on our first packet for sending old form (even we got it from uscis site) I don't want that to happen again.

My depression and anxiety is getting worse.

The only thing I am thinking right now is

It will come when we least expect it.

I wish I would here from them even if its an RFE or I would be happy if it will be NOA 2 already.

With God nothing is impossible.

I am sorry for venting out.

Don't be sorry, we all have those same feelings in one way or another.  I haven't seen my fiancée for 4 months, but it feels like a year.  Even though we talk several hours every day,  I want more.  The worst part off all of this is the uncertainty of where our cases are in the loop.  I'm so tempted to hop on a plane in a month just so I can see her.  I know this process is torturous, but the rewards at the end are lifelong.  We can do this, just keep the faith !!! And you are always welcome to vent. 

Mike & Tuyen

First Meeting

Second Meeting

Engaged

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2 :                              

NVC # Received

Interview Date   

Interview Result

Visa in Hand 

POE SFO                        

Married!!!!!!!

AOS/EAP/AP Mailed

AOS/EAP/AP NOA1

Biometrics Portland

Interview Portland

2016-09-30TuyenMike.jpg.07bbb29ef41b057de949396e27a8063c.jpg

2017-02-14

2017-02-18

2017-04-17

2017-04-24

2017-09-18

2017-09-30

2017-10-20

APPROVED!!!!!

2017-10-28

2017-11-14

2017-12-04

2018-02-02

2018-02-17

2018-03-14

2018-05-10

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mike & Tuyen said:

Don't be sorry, we all have those same feelings in one way or another.  I haven't seen my fiancée for 4 months, but it feels like a year.  Even though we talk several hours every day,  I want more.  The worst part off all of this is the uncertainty of where our cases are in the loop.  I'm so tempted to hop on a plane in a month just so I can see her.  I know this process is torturous, but the rewards at the end are lifelong.  We can do this, just keep the faith !!! And you are always welcome to vent. 

Thank you. I appreciate this. That someone can understand me. I hope this waiting will come to an end soon. Happy endings for all of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I just did a USCIS scan for applications near mine and two people within 10 numbers of mine have approvals already. I'm jealous! It's getting real!

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Timeline
21 minutes ago, lon552 said:

I just did a USCIS scan for applications near mine and two people within 10 numbers of mine have approvals already. I'm jealous! It's getting real!

I'm sure they are March or feb filer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.