8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Oh, yes, this reminds me I was intending to ask how many of you, April filers, already signed in for the USPS Informed Delivery service :)

We did a few days ago and now I have a new reason to get thrilled daily, lol... even if knowing I won't see a picture from an USCIS letter in a while yet :P Still really really hoping to see one of those instead of getting an update for RFE in the case tracker or app. See? You have to be a romantic and love snail mail :wub:

With the tracker being unreliable USPS is our only lifeline for progress information. Given that two of my recent Informed Delivery scheduled mail deliveries never made it to my box really scares me. 

It's funny because when I saw an April filer got their NOA2 I immediately logged into my USPS account to check. I've been working In Ohio for the past week and wasn't interested in what was in my mailbox until then (my only mail was a mortgage statement - bleh). It immediately reminded me of the Powerball lottery and how much interest it draws when the numbers get high. 

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

33 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Oh, yes, this reminds me I was intending to ask how many of you, April filers, already signed in for the USPS Informed Delivery service :)

We did a few days ago and now I have a new reason to get thrilled daily, lol... even if knowing I won't see a picture from an USCIS letter in a while yet :P Still really really hoping to see one of those instead of getting an update for RFE in the case tracker or app. See? You have to be a romantic and love snail mail :wub:

You guys know so much stuff lol.... what even is this??

I really think need to sit down and read more about the rest of the process etc. Been so caught up with this whole drama with my son's dad that I've just not been able to  focus on finding out about all these things lol

And congrats to the April filer who got their NOA2 you must be over the moon! Really happy for you :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Mia83 said:

You guys know so much stuff lol.... what even is this??

I really think need to sit down and read more about the rest of the process etc. Been so caught up with this whole drama with my son's dad that I've just not been able to  focus on finding out about all these things lol

And congrats to the April filer who got their NOA2 you must be over the moon! Really happy for you :)

Don't worry, it's not that important and you have a lot in mind right now. USPS Informed Delivery is this service that allows you to see pictures of what's coming every day in your mail. Good for people that don't check the mailbox often or just to know when an USCIS letter is coming. 

Supposedly there's an app for the phone too, but it wasn't really working for us. Better go to the website and you can have them sending you an email to you too.

@lon552 Boo to bills and mortgage payments. I would worry too if the mail wasn't arriving as it should, but at least this way you'll know is coming to do something about it, hopefully.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

AHHH!!!!  Just catching up on all the excitement of an April NOA2!  I know it's probably an anomaly, but it's still a step in the right direction!  

13 minutes ago, spike198 said:

AHHH!!!!  Just catching up on all the excitement of an April NOA2!  I know it's probably an anomaly, but it's still a step in the right direction!  

AND my timeline dates moved up one day!  It's not much but every little thing at this point gives me hope for the light at the end of the tunnel!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, spike198 said:

AND my timeline dates moved up one day!  It's not much but every little thing at this point gives me hope for the light at the end of the tunnel!

I know, right? Mine was lately 21-28 July, so now it shows 20-26 and even that makes me hopeful :)

(At the same time, I'm scared to get disappointed when the time comes... this process is just nerve wracking :().

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

ROC process 

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

28 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I know, right? Mine was lately 21-28 July, so now it shows 20-26 and even that makes me hopeful :)

(At the same time, I'm scared to get disappointed when the time comes... this process is just nerve wracking :().

I hear ya!  Like I've said before, I'm preparing for being one of those people that will be on the back half of the approvals so I don't get disappointed but this gives me a glimmer of hope!  I'm traveling a ton in the next month or so which means time will go by much faster!  When I'm working from home (which a LOVE by the way) time seems to slowly tick by... But when I'm on the road working it's much faster.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, spike198 said:

I hear ya!  Like I've said before, I'm preparing for being one of those people that will be on the back half of the approvals so I don't get disappointed but this gives me a glimmer of hope!  I'm traveling a ton in the next month or so which means time will go by much faster!  When I'm working from home (which a LOVE by the way) time seems to slowly tick by... But when I'm on the road working it's much faster.  

I know, being out and busy can help a lot with keeping your mind busy. Unfortunately for me, I'm unemployed right now :(

Funny enough, I have to work helping my sister at her bookstore in July, because there's a big convention here... and that's around same dates we should be getting our NOA2 according to the timeline, lol. That would be just awesome... though I am also preparing to be in the back wagon. Or trying too... I keep saying myself things have never been easy for us in this relationship, so hard to think they are going to start being easy now. But yeah, stupid wishful thinking ;)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Unshakable Faith said:

When I first joined this thread, I told a bit about my story and how I'm a second time filer (with the same fiance).  If you're really interested in that part you can read my signature for the details.  One thing I promised though is that I would give you some helpful hints and instructions that were given to me when filing the first time.

Now that we are seeing (at least two) NOA2 approvals- I wanted to go ahead and share this information with you all!  If you read through this entire post I promise you will have some helpful information.  But beware- it is long! 

Here is what I did. Please feel free to absorb and apply as you see fit. 

Step 1:  Obtaining Your Case Number
The average number of days it takes for a file to arrive at NVC after NOA2 is around 3 to 5 business days.  Begin calling on day 3.  The best time to get through is after 6pm (EST) on weeknights.  They remain staffed until 10pm (EST).  The number is (603)-334-0700.
If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.

After this, you'll need to press two buttons:
1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.

Special Note:  When you first get into the loop, you can hit 1 (wait 1 second) and then 7- no need to listen to the spiel in between numbers unless you have a burning desire to. 

You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!

When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for 
your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2017...

When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow.  

The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm. 

When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name 
and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.

They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.

Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your Beneficiary's Embassy City, followed by 2017, and then two 3-digit numbers.

(Fun fact:  The last three numbers are what order the cases were assigned that day.   For example, if your last three digits are 029, you were the 29th case assigned that day.)

This number will stay with your file for the rest of this journey.  Write it down!

Step 2:  Checking your CEAC Status
After many calls to NVC and short eternities of horrible on-hold music (haha), you finally have your case file.  Enjoy the stroll from here on out, it can go by very quickly!!

You can now check your case status at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Under Visa Application Type- Select Immigrant Visa 
Under Immigrant Visa Case Number- type in you newly minted Case File Number.

Step 3:  The Last Steps
Now, you will have one of a few answers to you query.  At NVC, In Transit, Arrived, or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 and schedule your interview!!!

On many Embassy websites, you can download your packet 3 instructions and help your fiance prepare what is needed before the interview.  These are country-specific instructions.   For my fiance's country (Nigeria), the packet was on their website.  They also eventually emailed it to me, but I didn't wait for their email since I obtained it from their website.  This packet will give you instructions about the medical exam and the police report that is needed before the interview.

Some of you may want to be present for your fiance(e)'s interview.  Some countries do not allow the petitioner to enter into the embassy for the interview with the beneficiary.   Nigeria is one of those countries that do not allow it, but I was present on the property for the interview and he took my passport inside with him to show that I was there!

It is suggested that you take additional evidence to the interview.  The embassy will have the copy of your petition and any documents that you sent along with it.  My suggestion is that you take proof of your relationship from the time you submitted your petition until now.  We took copies of call logs, excerpts of WhatsApp chat logs and additional pictures.  Also, don't forget the updated Intent To Marry documents as well as the Affidavit of Support (I-134).

Personally speaking, in preparation for our interview, I read all of the consulate reviews for Nigeria.  That was possibly a little overboard but Nigeria is a high fraud country so any preparation is beneficial.  I wrote down all of the questions that were asked to the beneficiaries and my fiance and I practiced them thoroughly many times- there were about 100 different questions between all of the reviews.  We had a lot of fun preparing and it was a good opportunity to hear some of the answers that he would give if he was asked certain questions!  This will help to build their confidence and to iron out any details in answers that they may not know.

This can be a very exciting time but can also be very stressful on both parties.  Be understanding, be loving, and be supportive!  Remember that your loved one is facing, in most cases, leaving everything and everyone they've ever known to travel to a country that they may not have ever been to.

I pray that each one of you have a safe journey for the rest of this time and that the Lord's will be done for you, your fiance(e),  and your marriage.  Blessings to each of you!

I've been through this process before, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!!

Thank you for taking the time to write all that and give everyone useful tips.

I personally have to say there's nothing new for me there, since I've been reading so much around here about the whole process. I hope that doesn't make me feel overconfident and lower my guard... Though this is like doing homework or study prior to a test in high school :P

Regarding the NVC stage, I thought the general advise was to wait 2-3 weeks before starting to call. Anyway, there's a new tip going around for that, which is selecting 5 instead of 7. That's because right now they are starting to implement a new electronic system, and only agents in 5 have access to information regarding cases processed that way. So if you keep getting a no as an answer after a while, that's something to try.

Also when it comes to the Embassy part, nothing best to do than checking your country USEM website, because the process differs from one place to other. For instance, in my case I can't pay or schedule the interview until they authorise me to do so, after sending them a bunch of documents (including the confirmation page for the DS-160), that I can't send either until they request them from me.

Anyway, the thing to do is going step by step, always trying to be ready for the next part of the process to avoid unnecessary delays and stress. And always ask when you don't know anything. 

We are lucky to have someone here that has already gone through the whole process. And filers from previous months are usually willing to help too for an even more updated or country specific info.

So thank you again, @Unshakable Faith for all your help and patience. Key word now that we are reaching the critical time in the waiting game.

Good luck everyone! And enjoy your weekend :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Greatle Mae said:

Hello guys, I am an april filer. Wereceived our NOA1 last April 17, delivered last April 14. The just last night, we got our NOA2 hardcopy. :) We were so shocked. We didnt expect it. 69 days active... and we never expedite it (coz seems like people always asked that since this morning) hehehehhe :) Yours is coming too! :)

Congratulations!!!!!  That's so exciting!!

Also, I was looking at your timeline and your profile and noticed that you put that your service center was the Texas Service Center.

To be clear, all I-129f petitions are sent to the Texas lockbox (which is different from the Texas Service Center) and then routed to the California Service Center.  The Texas lockbox  acts as USCIS' personal post office and sends petitions where they need to go to be adjudicated.  It is not an actual service center.  All I-129f petitions (since March of 2015) are being adjudicated by the California service center.

If you correct this on your timeline it will give you a more accurate reading as well as help out with VJ statistics. 

The only exception is if your NOA1 specifically states the word "transferred" instead of "routed". 

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Thank you for taking the time to write all that and give everyone useful tips.

I personally have to say there's nothing new for me there, since I've been reading so much around here about the whole process. I hope that doesn't make me feel overconfident and lower my guard... Though this is like doing homework or study prior to a test in high school :P

Regarding the NVC stage, I thought the general advise was to wait 2-3 weeks before starting to call. Anyway, there's a new tip going around for that, which is selecting 5 instead of 7. That's because right now they are starting to implement a new electronic system, and only agents in 5 have access to information regarding cases processed that way. So if you keep getting a no as an answer after a while, that's something to try.

Also when it comes to the Embassy part, nothing best to do than checking your country USEM website, because the process differs from one place to other. For instance, in my case I can't pay or schedule the interview until they authorise me to do so, after sending them a bunch of documents (including the confirmation page for the DS-160), that I can't send either until they request them from me.

Anyway, the thing to do is going step by step, always trying to be ready for the next part of the process to avoid unnecessary delays and stress. And always ask when you don't know anything. 

We are lucky to have someone here that has already gone through the whole process. And filers from previous months are usually willing to help too for an even more updated or country specific info.

So thank you again, @Unshakable Faith for all your help and patience. Key word now that we are reaching the critical time in the waiting game.

Good luck everyone! And enjoy your weekend :)

I received so much helpful information when going through this the first time that I cannot help but share my knowledge of this process!

I called today (just to make sure the directions were still the same when you call) and I didn't hear anything that sounded relevant to K1's except for #7.  Check and make sure you aren't remembering CR1/IR1 instructions! 

#1 is to verify your priority date

#2 is to pick an agent

#3 is to see if they've received your mail

#4 is to confirm your interview date

#5 is for if you're required to submit documents to NVC

#6 is if you're an Immigrant Visa applicant and have already interviewed. 

Really people don't have to call NVC at all, they could wait for the snail mail if there's a reason they'd like to draw out the process longer.  

I'll probably wait about a week or so!

Also,  I just called again and I heard a voice (without a ring before it) and it still gave me options to continue without hanging up on me.   Yay!

Edited by Unshakable Faith

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Unshakable Faith said:

I received so much helpful information when going through this the first time that I cannot help but share my knowledge of this process!

I called today (just to make sure the directions were still the same when you call) and I didn't hear anything that sounded relevant to K1's except for #7.  Check and make sure you aren't remembering CR1/IR1 instructions! 

#1 is to verify your priority date

#2 is to pick an agent

#3 is to see if they've received your mail

#4 is to confirm your interview date

#5 is for if you're required to submit documents to NVC

#6 is if you're an Immigrant Visa applicant and have already interviewed. 

Really people don't have to call NVC at all, they could wait for the snail mail if there's a reason they'd like to draw out the process longer.  

I'll probably wait about a week or so!

Also,  I just called again and I heard a voice (without a ring before it) and it still gave me options to continue without hanging up on me.   Yay!

That's the key point... Apparently this new electronic system for the K1 is being implemented where they already had it for CR1/IR1 petitions. I saw a couple of people saying to call the immigrant line and then select 1 for English and 5 for these agents working the new system. But this is all second hand advice from other people calling these days, so I don't really know.

It's cool you took the time to give a call to NVC to check and refresh the info first hand. That sure is planning ahead :)

Feel like telling you I have you as an example here, for persisting with your "unshakable faith" after that first experience you had. I know if that happened to me I'd be devastated... I don't know, just one of those days when you want things over and get a bit sad 😕

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

ROC process 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

When I first joined this thread, I told a bit about my story and how I'm a second time filer (with the same fiance).  If you're really interested in that part you can read my signature for the details.  One thing I promised though is that I would give you some helpful hints and instructions that were given to me when filing the first time.

Now that we are seeing (at least two) NOA2 approvals- I wanted to go ahead and share this information with you all!  If you read through this entire post I promise you will have some helpful information.  But beware- it is long! 

Here is what I did. Please feel free to absorb and apply as you see fit. 

Step 1:  Obtaining Your Case Number
The average number of days it takes for a file to arrive at NVC after NOA2 is around 3 to 5 business days.  Begin calling on day 3.  The best time to get through is after 6pm (EST) on weeknights.  They remain staffed until 10pm (EST).  The number is (603)-334-0700.
If the first thing you hear is a voice, it will be a recording with a message that says there's a large call volume and then (eventually) hangs up.  Continue to hang up and call again until the first thing you hear is a ring.

After this, you'll need to press two buttons:
1 for English or 2 for Spanish... and then 7 to ask a question.

Special Note:  When you first get into the loop, you can hit 1 (wait 1 second) and then 7- no need to listen to the spiel in between numbers unless you have a burning desire to. 

You could be on hold anywhere from a minute to an hour.  Hopefully the hour would be absolute worst case scenario- just don't plan to do this when you only have 5 minutes of time to spare!

When a CSR is ready to speak, you will hear their phone ring.  They will ask you for 
your case number. The number to give them is the USCIS number that you have been monitoring for the past few months, it should begin with WAC2017...

When you tell them your number they will put it into their system query.  Likely, on your first call, they will say that your file is not there yet, and then tell you that it can take many weeks to arrive.  If your file isn't there, thank them and tell them cheerfully that you will call again tomorrow.  

The mail only runs once per day, so multiple calls in a single day will only irritate them.  Call after 6pm.  If your file has arrived at NVC that day, it will be there.  If not, then call the next day after 6pm. 

When you give them your case file and they ask you for additional information, it means that your file has arrived!!!  You must then tell them the petitioner's full name (that's yours) and birthdate, and the beneficiary's full name 
and birthdate.  This is their security check, so know this information before you call.

They will then tell you your Case File Number if it has been assigned. Sometimes it takes several days to have a case file assigned- sometimes it is assigned the same day.

Your case number will have a 3-letter Prefix relative to your Beneficiary's Embassy City, followed by 2017, and then two 3-digit numbers.

(Fun fact:  The last three numbers are what order the cases were assigned that day.   For example, if your last three digits are 029, you were the 29th case assigned that day.)

This number will stay with your file for the rest of this journey.  Write it down!

Step 2:  Checking your CEAC Status
After many calls to NVC and short eternities of horrible on-hold music (haha), you finally have your case file.  Enjoy the stroll from here on out, it can go by very quickly!!

You can now check your case status at: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Under Visa Application Type- Select Immigrant Visa 
Under Immigrant Visa Case Number- type in you newly minted Case File Number.

Step 3:  The Last Steps
Now, you will have one of a few answers to you query.  At NVC, In Transit, Arrived, or Ready.  "Ready" is the magic word.  That means that not only is your case at the Embassy, but it is already entered into the system.  After paying your visa fee, you can submit your DS-160 and schedule your interview!!!

On many Embassy websites, you can download your packet 3 instructions and help your fiance prepare what is needed before the interview.  These are country-specific instructions.   For my fiance's country (Nigeria), the packet was on their website.  They also eventually emailed it to me, but I didn't wait for their email since I obtained it from their website.  This packet will give you instructions about the medical exam and the police report that is needed before the interview.

Some of you may want to be present for your fiance(e)'s interview.  Some countries do not allow the petitioner to enter into the embassy for the interview with the beneficiary.   Nigeria is one of those countries that do not allow it, but I was present on the property for the interview and he took my passport inside with him to show that I was there!

It is suggested that you take additional evidence to the interview.  The embassy will have the copy of your petition and any documents that you sent along with it.  My suggestion is that you take proof of your relationship from the time you submitted your petition until now.  We took copies of call logs, excerpts of WhatsApp chat logs and additional pictures.  Also, don't forget the updated Intent To Marry documents as well as the Affidavit of Support (I-134).

Personally speaking, in preparation for our interview, I read all of the consulate reviews for Nigeria.  That was possibly a little overboard but Nigeria is a high fraud country so any preparation is beneficial.  I wrote down all of the questions that were asked to the beneficiaries and my fiance and I practiced them thoroughly many times- there were about 100 different questions between all of the reviews.  We had a lot of fun preparing and it was a good opportunity to hear some of the answers that he would give if he was asked certain questions!  This will help to build their confidence and to iron out any details in answers that they may not know.

This can be a very exciting time but can also be very stressful on both parties.  Be understanding, be loving, and be supportive!  Remember that your loved one is facing, in most cases, leaving everything and everyone they've ever known to travel to a country that they may not have ever been to.

I pray that each one of you have a safe journey for the rest of this time and that the Lord's will be done for you, your fiance(e),  and your marriage.  Blessings to each of you!

I've been through this process before, so if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!!

I can't imagine going through this twice. Once is enough for a lifetime. Thanks for your insight. Every little bit of information to help give confidence in getting it done the first time is a positive. 

Date of First Meeting :

First Date:

Engagement Date:

I-129F Sent :

I-129F Received :

25 Jan 2014 (Pristina, Kosovo) I lived in Gjilan, Kosovo and worked at U.S. Army base Camp Bondsteel.

1 Feb 2014

1 Dec 2015 (Pristina, Kosovo)

Apr 21 2017

Apr 24 2017

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy:

NVC Case# Assigned:

Case in Transit:

Apr 26 2017

Sept 12 2017

Sept 16 2017

Sept 29 2017

Oct 4 2017

Consulate :

Case Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Medical Completed:

PPD Test Required

for Edona (K2):

Visa Approved:

P/U Visa at Embassy:

POE In Orlando:

Married:

Pristina, Kosovo

Oct 5 2017

Oct 6 2017

Oct 11 2017

Oct 13 2017

Oct 18 2017

Oct 25 2017

Oct 30 2017

Nov 1 2017

Hey April folks. Anyone closer to mastering the art of patience like I am? Lol, im so anxious for July, hope it doesnt go past July. 

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.