8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
47 minutes ago, S*UK said:

Can I ask you both how you obtained your vaccination and medical records? I have obtained my vaccination records before from my GP for my job in the NHS but it literally came typed on a piece of paper that I could have typed myself and printed off microsoft word. Im really worried they wont accept it. Have you already had experience with this?
Thanks!

Hey there! My fiancee is the UK citizen, and what she did was make two separate inquiries to her local medical center, where her GP works and where she goes for any doctor's appointments. One phone call to ask for her vaccination record, and a separate phone call to ask for her "Patient Care Summary", I believe it was called, per the emailed medical appointment instructions from Knightsbridge (Bentinck Mansions). Neither my fiancee, a lifelong UK citizen and resident, nor the reception staff at her medical center, knew what the "Patient Care Summary" was, but they said they'd do their best. Three days after requesting this Care Summary, the medical center called my fiancee back so she could come pick up the two documents. The Care Summary was two or three pages long and contained a list of all hospitalizations, prescribed medications, diagnosed conditions, as well as vaccination history. The vaccination record (a separate document) matched the vaccination history part of the Patient Care Summary.

Compared to the medical documentation I have seen as a lifelong US citizen and resident, from my perspective I would agree, the things looked like I could have typed and printed them myself. So it became one of many things to worry about! But the staff at the medical center said that was all they had to give us. So we took both documents to the medical appointment, and everything was accepted by the business admin. staff and doctors without comment.

This was just my experience, there seem to be some variation between different peoples' stories out there -- but hopefully it can help.

All the best

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and not stressing too much about the NOA2 (I know, easy to say once you have it). I think next week will be a good week for a lot of you. I spent a full week in the dark, when actually I had already been approved. So don't lose hope, it will come when you arent expecting it to! My fiance called me in the middle of my work day, before USCIS had even opened for work, and I had been up very late talking with him the night before (with no NOA2 at that point). The last thing I expected was a NOA2 surprise. I guess the mail came super late the day before. 

My police certificate arrived in the post today. For all those in the process from the UK, it took exactly 7 working days from the day I ordered it online. I applied for 2, just to be safe. My birth certificate however, is taking much longer. Since I already have a birth certificate at home i'm not worrying too much - this one can just act as a replacement. If you don't have one already though, I would advise ordering it online early. It will really save you some last minute stress when the time comes ^_^.

Thanks for your reply @Daz&Hank. I guess asking for a medical history summary isn't a common thing over here, especially in small towns and villages where people dont often emigrate. Im happy to at least hear that they accepted those at the medical exam, thats one less thing for me to be worrying about (this process has me stressing about everything imaginable).

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there, I know its second question of the day but I have many!

When it says you can use checking and savings statements in order to corroborate the I-134 income requirements, can my parents just send me each 10,000$ pushing me above the required amount?

Or will this be looked upon unfavorably?

Thanks!! 

2 hours ago, S*UK said:

Can I ask you both how you obtained your vaccination and medical records? I have obtained my vaccination records before from my GP for my job in the NHS but it literally came typed on a piece of paper that I could have typed myself and printed off microsoft word. Im really worried they wont accept it. Have you already had experience with this?
Thanks!

Do we need to provide our medical record too?? I thought they just required our vaccination card?

59 minutes ago, _Mia_ said:

Do we need to provide our medical record too?? I thought they just required our vaccination card?

It is stated on the checklist on the Knightsbridge doctors webpage. http://www.visamedicals.info/us-bring.asp

So I wouldn't risk showing up without it. It doesn't seem too hard to get hold of, just call your GP and arrange a time to collect it.

Edited by S*UK

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

1 hour ago, cdagevil said:

When it says you can use checking and savings statements in order to corroborate the I-134 income requirements, can my parents just send me each 10,000$ pushing me above the required amount?

Thanks!! 

Sorry I can't answer with confidence here, but in my opinion, if your parents have enough income to act as co-sponsors I would probably go that route.

K1 Visa

Spoiler

AOS

Spoiler

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, fishereb said:

Hey all, today was the last day of my estimated time of arrival and nothing. Darn..

Yeah this process has no sanity lol.  I'm a week past my last estimated date and nothing yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 0:01 PM, tanderson64 said:

Call them and ask.  603-3340-0700.  Press 1 for English, and then 7.

I started calling after 11 days from NOA1.  It took 12 days for us.

Call in the evening after 6 pm EST - I always got through within a minute.

Have your USCIS case number ready.  They will look it up.  If they have your case and NVC has assigned visa case number, they will ask for beneficiary's name and birth date.  

Then they will give you the NVC case number and other numbers which they will explain to you.  And they are very nice to talk to.

Thanks, can you repeat the number please...has an extra digit :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, Steve and Joy said:

Thanks, can you repeat the number please...has an extra digit :) 

603-334-0700

:)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, cdagevil said:

Thanks!! 

TLDR: My advice is to get a co-sponsor for the I-134 (during Embassy Interview) and also for the I-864 (during AOS). Don't leave anything open to an interpretation that could lead to a denial.

I would personally advise against this and go the route of getting a co-sponsor. Reason being that you need to submit a letter from a bank that shows your deposits for the last year, the current amount in your account, and date the account was opened. See Subsection A in Supporting Evidence on page 3 of 6 of the I-134 Instructions Form. I would think that the Consular Officer would see a deposit of $10k as a red flag and that you should play it safe with a co-sponsor. Also consider that they might want to see substantially more in savings versus income. Although it doesn't explicitly say that your savings must be n times greater than the difference between income and the threshold, the I-864 for AOS specifies that any savings being used to meet the difference between the threshold and income must be 5x greater than that difference. For example, if the threshold is an even $20k and you only have $16k in income, then you could make that difference up of $4k using savings. However you need to have 5x that difference, or $20k. Keep in mind these are two different Affidavits of support for different parts of the process, but it's something you might want to consider as you move along in the process and get closer to AOS

I also saw that you asked earlier about tax returns. I wouldn't worry about being below in 2016. They judge you based on your current status, and a 2016 tax return would be at least 9 months out of date when it's being submitted. Per the I-134 instructions form under Supporting Evidence, subsection B, on page 3 of 6, you will see what you need to prove current income, which is an employer verification letter that outlines the three points, position and nature of work, temporary or permanent position, and salary. You'll also want to include pay stubs for several months and anything else that the embassy specifically asks for in the Packet 3 in addition to what is required to be submitted with the I-134.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
11 hours ago, JimInUS said:

Okay well my evidence (scanned letter from fiance stating her intent to marry) has been sent. And word to the wise....

I went to FedEx and they told me they don't ship to PO boxes, which this evidence is sent to. So I had to detour to the post office. But for only about $6 USD they said it will be there by Monday. That's right, day after tomorrow. Or maybe Tuesday. 

Dang, can't ask for better than that, especially since tomorrow is Sunday. And it's travelling from east coast to west coast. 

Cool. Fingers crossed. Again....

Indeed. Fingers crossed. Hopefully scanned will be sufficient for both of us.

Thanksfor some reassurance @Unshakable Faith. I sure needed it last night and this morning. I will update everyone on everything once I know more. As for now, I'm still in the dark and hoping that means NOA2 is en route rather than my case is sitting on a shelf or someone's desk untouched.

Edited by A_F

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 8/22/2017 at 8:09 PM, BlueCinderella said:

We are in a similar situation we received our NOA1 on April 26, 2017. We are waiting and there's no update. We both have been feeling depressed. It seems like the closer we are getting the more difficult it becomes to be patient. It's especially difficult that we see the estimated dates change so many times. If we had known it would be this long we would have visited each other 2 months ago since we haven't seen each other since February. We are doing our best to stay positive and focus on working,  planning activities for our honeymoon, and I'm working on my garden and changes around my house to prepare for my fiance. If I sit around thinking about this process I will feel hopeless, but I've had my moments.  :/ 

Thank you so much for the nice words. I hope we hear from them soon. Wish you all the best stay blessed 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
On 8/22/2017 at 8:53 PM, tanderson64 said:

That's awesome!!  Congrats!!!

Great news and congratulations wish everyone get soon. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.