8,297 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Salty2305 said:

Thanks everyone for all of your reassurance.

I truly don't know how I would've managed going through this without this website and the support! Nice to know we are all in the same boat. 

From what I've read the London embassy is pretty relaxed in their interviews but it's definitely good to know that I may be asked about matts ex <_<

When Jonathan and I were researching the London embassy, somebody's interview was 90 seconds. We read a lot about relaxed interviews. So I really don't think that's a portion to be worried about. But hopefully I'll be able to tell you personally our experience in about a month or two. 

Met at University in Scotland - August 2013

Tiae left Scotland - October 2014

Jonathan visited Tiae in the States - August 2015, August 2016, April 2017

Jonathan proposed - February 2016

Filed I-129f - March 2017

NOA1 - April 3, 2017

NOA2 - August 10, 2017

NVC Rec'd - August 28, 2017

NVC # rec'd - August 29, 2017

Left NVC - August 31, 2017

Consulate Rec'd - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Received - September 5, 2017

Package 3 Response - September 5, 2017

Medical Appt - September 15, 2017

Interview - September 25, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cruise77 said:

Joke or not posting a picture of the CSC and suggesting a group of us go down there to riot is NOT COOL.  The guys and gals that work at USCIS deserve our upmost respect for all the extra work we gave them this year so far.  In addition the changes they must be going through with a new commander in chief only makes their jobs more stressful.  Remember immigration is a privilege and not a right!   So lets put our best foot forward and treat them the way we would like to be treated.     

What?!?

Come on!  Who has pitch forks?  Maybe we could go to Wally world and buy a tiki torch, but seriously, pitchforks and torches is cliche 1600's  If the comment had more modern tools of civil disobedience like molotov cocktails, rifles, rocks, etc then I could see the misjudgement in their post.

Stress is on the petitioner, not the adjudicator.  Petitioners have an undue stressful life while in the process of waiting, and a little humor blows off a lot of steam.  Humor - sometimes obscure - is a small respite to the insanity of 129f petition processes.  As far as treating like we are expecting to be treated, well - taking 100% of our payment and performing 50% of their work - seems to be an interesting precedent.  Immigration may be a privelege, however as a USC, we have a right to equal and non partial treatment.......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

I'm just in so much need of a rant... I am so miserable of my life feeling like it's on old waiting for the noa2. I need to move home but it seems silly doing that when all the terms are for 6 months & hopefully I'll be gone by then. I'm living with my mother who's an alcoholic, financially everyone around me is draining me & emotionally too. I just wanna be able to be off work & feel at peace in my own home, I want all the stress of I wonder how long it's gonna be until move date to be over because I get so anxious that'll be denied & then I don't know what the plan will be. 

Definitely sucks to hear your having a rubbish time at the moment, hopefully being on the forum cheers you up a bit as we are all in the same kinda spot. 

Waiting for the NOA2 is definitely the most frustrating and emotional stage. Looking at your visa timeline, it doesn't look like it'll be long until you hear some kind of news! I'm a little after you so fingers crossed for us both ay. Really doubt you'll get denied, if anything you'd get a refusal which allows you to amend whatever they need. Just chin up, because tomorrow is a new week and it could bring some good news. :) Here if you want to chat, I get ya x 

Edited by JessnTrev

31 March 2017 - 1-129f Sent

11 April 2017 - NOA1 Hardcopy 

10 August 2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

19 September 2017 - Medical Appointment

29 September 2017 - Interview 

29 September - 2017 - Visa Approved

14 October - 2017 - POE to USA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
18 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

I'm just in so much need of a rant... I am so miserable of my life feeling like it's on old waiting for the noa2. I need to move home but it seems silly doing that when all the terms are for 6 months & hopefully I'll be gone by then. I'm living with my mother who's an alcoholic, financially everyone around me is draining me & emotionally too. I just wanna be able to be off work & feel at peace in my own home, I want all the stress of I wonder how long it's gonna be until move date to be over because I get so anxious that'll be denied & then I don't know what the plan will be. 

Feel free to vent and rant. I'm sorry your situation is being so hard and stressful on you. Sure we don't need any additional stress when going through this process :unsure:

Then don't lose hope, because if April 7th is your notice date, then your NOA2 could be already on its way. And if it's your received date, you could be approved this week easily. Nothing sure, but good chances.

I'm going to cross my fingers and send good vibes for your NOA2 this week :)

EDIT. Well, I just remembered you are going to get an RFE because of the birth certificate... :mellow: So I hope that comes soon, since it's an easy fix. Again, this week...

Edited by Estibaliz

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

everything  will be ok ! 

Raskraski_po_nomeram_Kartina_Alye_parusa_40_50_sm-108613-00.jpg

Darrel and Tatiana
            2017 year
29th March          I-129f Sent
6th April                NOA1 Received date
11th April              NOA1 Notice date
14th April              NOA1 Hardcopy
22nd August        NOA2 Approval date
5th September     NVC Received, NVC case#
8th September     Left NVC
11th September   Case Ready
28th September   Medical exam
5th October           Interview
25th October         POE date 
22 December        Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Estibaliz @JessnTrev @Keith & Monica Thanks everyone for your reply and kindness, I really appreciate it. it just sucks so much like I don't feel like I ever have a break and Matt really doesn't help things. He just sits there playing his xbox whilst I'm crying because quite frankly I don't know what else to do. Since Friday it has been hell here, the amount of emotional abuse with my own mom.. She called me downstairs to tell me how I have let myself go, how i used to be attractive but now I'm fat because I keep eating takeaway. I get upset and go upstairs and all hell breaks loose, I'm now a selfish b**ch and many other swear words. This has continued for the last 2 days and i dunno today has just gotten worse, she threw all my things all over the place and I dunno i just feel so run down by it all. Part of me thinks that Matt has had enough and is going to leave. He seems so emotionally switched off from me at the moment. But maybe I'm being hyper sensitive who knows. 

I'm sorry for the massive none visa related rant, I really hope we all get our NOA2 and RFEs asap so we can all start enjoying ourselves a whole lot more. Thanks again. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, rachied26 said:

Oh dear rant all you want. Visa or non related is okay because somehow one way adds up to the other. We are getting so stressed with the process that sometimes that adds up to our stress in our personal life. But don't worry this will pass. They are already processing around your date so have some more patience. Best of luck for you and all of us tomorrow and the rest of the week. May it be another productive week for uscis for us aprilites. 

Keith I hope you will get your awaited letter at the start of the week

Edited by JeniandMatt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Eric.molnar said:

I hear what you're saying and agree with you if it were a serious statement.   There is no need to get all offended and make a mountain out of a mole hill when the original statement is obviously not serious and totally a joke.  This is a place where people can vent and express their feelings of a system which is so broken and flawed, it makes people wait many months to be with their loved ones.

You or I shouldn't be here to censor someone especially when they are obviously joking. 

If someone is way over the line and making death threats in a serious tone....then yes of course correct them.

I guess all I'm saying is lets not over react and make this comment something it isnt.

Offended??  Mountain out of a molehill??  Not at all if you would have bothered to understand my post it was written in a polite tone.  So tell me, when did it become cool to be rude to people and threaten them just because they have something YOU WANT?  Or just because you disagree.  I wasn't offended, I was just surprised that people would actually put something up on a public forum that even suggested doing something like that.   Sheesh, I don't call that venting I call it CLASSLESS.

Yeah I get it, the person has no meaning behind it...but that wasn't my point.  My point is lets show some respect....is it that hard??? 

Edited by Cruise77

1 hour ago, S*UK said:

Sorry to see so many people are stressed at the moment. I can certainly relate to the frustration of not being able to plan things with an ongoing petition :(. We are currently stuck trying to decide if its worth planning another trip between now and me entering on K1. Financially it might not be wise spending $2000 on a trip just a couple of months before we have to buy tickets again. But of course, we both just want to be with each other.

Hopefully next week will be a good week. Im feeling positive for all those with received date in the first week of April. Happy Sunday everyone:star:

Stuck between that rock and a hard place. I know it. I last saw my fiance when he came back for our engagement party, and spending all that money on a trip, which would fall in the time frame of interview payments and whatnot doesnt make much sense for us ,especially when he already used up all his days. So I have to ride out the wave and just wait til I land, which according to immigration might be Jan 2018. Another 5 more months. But once the Noa2 comes its gna be speedy, since xmas is like 4 months away...

@rachied26 my dear, Be strong. Its hard when feeling like the world is against you but its not going to be forever. You should probably have a talk with your fiance and explain to him how you are feeling and that you need extra support. As far as everyone else,try blocking them out hun. It'll all be over pretty soon, and you will have peace of mind.

•  CSC stage
  • Date sent: 7th April
  • Date received: 11th April
  • NoA date: 15th April 
  • NoA hardcopy: 23rd April
  • NoA 2: 30th August
  • NoA 2 hardcopy: 5th September

NVC/EMBASSY stage

• NVC case created: 11th September
  • NVC sent: 12th September
  • Consular received: 14th September
  • NVC hardcopy: 18th September
  • Packet 3 received: 18th September
  • Packet 3 sent: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.