dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2017

1,582 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, JessieABC said:

Check the NVC Process guide in my signature.  It has all the steps, the process and the expected timelines.

i have its just rediculous that ppl who are at higher risk are being easily let into the us and ppl who are married and have families have to be apart..... even after the 11 weeks you still have to wait to get am inteview which from some ppl timelines are showing 1 to 2 mnths smh its just unfair 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Nana&Akua said:

I got a checklist this morning for my birthday certificate. I sent in a photocopy of a certified birth certificate from my home country. I used this same birth cert to file for my daughter last 2 years and it was accepted by NVC.  The checklist is asking for a computer generated birth certificate and not the hand written with the government seal.  I don't know what to do.  Scan date Feb 14

I got a similar checklist, to do with my birth certificate. The first thing to do is to go to the department of sate website and check for the reciprocity docs required for your country. It will state whether your hand written BC is acceptable in lieu of the computer generated one. If it is, you have a case, however if it is not, your only option is to resend it ASAP, which will reset your scan date and hope it wont take another 11 weeks, as it didn't for some people with checklists. If you have a case as per the acceptable doc. Keep calling and requesting to speak with a supervisor and calmly state your case, referring them to the Dept if state website for your country. Don't stop calling until you get a supervisor who will check and agree with you. They will then, either do another review for you which may be immediate, or take a couple of days to a couple of weeks, like in my case. Either ways, it is definitely better than another 11 weeks. You may check my posts about my experience with a checklist, resulting from the NVC team's error. BTW, The best time to get hold of a supervisor, based on my experience is within the first 11/2 hours of opening or closing. I wish you all the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys,

anyone who sent packages to nvc in last 2,3 weeks, what status do you get when checking the status on ceac tracker page?

mine still says I need to send packages! someone mentioned it says "at nvc" for them.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, abfar said:

Hey guys,

anyone who sent packages to nvc in last 2,3 weeks, what status do you get when checking the status on ceac tracker page?

mine still says I need to send packages! someone mentioned it says "at nvc" for them.

Call NVC and confirm if the package was received.

I believe status remains "at NVC"  till the case is complete or it is moved to Embassy.

Timeline
1 minute ago, needhelpinfo said:

I believe status remains "at NVC"  till the case is complete or it is moved to Embassy.

For me it doesn't say "at NVC". it is odd because nvc told me on the phone that my packages were received in start of april

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, abfar said:

For me it doesn't say "at NVC". it is odd because nvc told me on the phone that my packages were received in start of april

You might have overlooked the top section.

It will say "At NVC" on the top and bottom "please follow ..."

see attached screenshot

Capture.PNG

Timeline
1 minute ago, needhelpinfo said:

For me it doesn't say "at NVC". it is odd because nvc told me on the phone that my packages were received in start of april. I'll give them a call on monday.

Spoiler

Timeline
2 minutes ago, needhelpinfo said:

You might have overlooked the top section.

It will say "At NVC" on the top and bottom "please follow ..."

see attached screenshot

Capture.PNG

For me it says:

Action required: Submit requested documents

:(

NVC lady told me both the packages were received. Its been a good 10 days since then.

I'm confused!

Spoiler

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, abfar said:

For me it says:

NVC lady told me both the packages were received. Its been a good 10 days since then.

I'm confused!

Recently it says the same for a whole lot of folks. I think its the new system. It will stay that way until your case is being reviewed. So its nothing to worry about.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, TeeA10 said:

I got a similar checklist, to do with my birth certificate. The first thing to do is to go to the department of sate website and check for the reciprocity docs required for your country. It will state whether your hand written BC is acceptable in lieu of the computer generated one. If it is, you have a case, however if it is not, your only option is to resend it ASAP, which will reset your scan date and hope it wont take another 11 weeks, as it didn't for some people with checklists. If you have a case as per the acceptable doc. Keep calling and requesting to speak with a supervisor and calmly state your case, referring them to the Dept if state website for your country. Don't stop calling until you get a supervisor who will check and agree with you. They will then, either do another review for you which may be immediate, or take a couple of days to a couple of weeks, like in my case. Either ways, it is definitely better than another 11 weeks. You may check my posts about my experience with a checklist, resulting from the NVC team's error. BTW, The best time to get hold of a supervisor, based on my experience is within the first 11/2 hours of opening or closing. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for the info.  I never knew this would be a problem considering the fact that I used same to file for my daughter.  I have been out of Ghana for some years now. How long does it take to review a checklist 

Our IV became available today (super quick) so that's been paid. Do we wait until it's been processed before the DS260 becomes available? I'm so ready to get this over with 😊

43 minutes ago, Frustrated74 said:

Our IV became available today (super quick) so that's been paid. Do we wait until it's been processed before the DS260 becomes available? I'm so ready to get this over with 😊

Hello!

Please see below: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/step_2_pay_fees.html

My husband paid the fees and I didn't know he made that payment until about 2 or 3 weeks later, so unfortunately I can't give you an idea based on my case. Hope the link helps.

Good luck! :)

Scan Date: 01/26

CC: 04/06

Interview Date: Pending

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, abfar said:

Hey guys,

It will say "Submit documents" until your case is reviewed, and you'll get "at NVC" when you have a case complete. I worried about this too at first but if they confirmed they received your package it's all good ;) 

10 hours ago, abfar said:

Hey guys,

It will state "submit required documents" until they have reviewed your documents (thats the 11 week timeframe) because until they do so, its in a mailroom/filing room and they don't know what has or hasn't been submitted.  When you get Case Complete at NVC it changes to "AT NVC" (files at NVC waiting to be sent to the embassy) and then "IN TRANSIT" and so on... which is when its going to the embassy.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

10 hours ago, abfar said:

For me it says:

I'm confused!

Me too.

But they told me they received everything, so I don't know either IMG_6945.thumb.PNG.0419f175fd2fb539ec9eb4beeefa40a0.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.