Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, pajobra said:

$ 1450 for a 3 night 4 day wedding package

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, LabOz said:

179 according to your timeline but who is counting hehe..

That is crazy long.

Congrats
Get that DS-160 filled out if you guys haven't already.

True :D was counting from the date we sent ours in.

I gotta get on top of all the next steps tonight.  Haven't filled out anything else yet!  So exciting :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, pajobra said:

oh great job. LOL

I'm sure they will have a great time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Quick question for those that are in the know...!  On the CAEC case tracker, the status says "Ready" as of Friday.  What does this actually mean, and what date(s) should I update on my VJ timeline?  Thank you in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, sgpejaa2 said:

Quick question for those that are in the know...!  On the CAEC case tracker, the status says "Ready" as of Friday.  What does this actually mean, and what date(s) should I update on my VJ timeline?  Thank you in advance.

At the very least, it means the consulate has received your case. For some consulates, this actually means you can starting sending in Packet 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/10/2017 at 10:01 PM, amishbaby said:

I'm super nervous for my fiancee even though I truthfully have no reason to be. He leaves tomorrow around 6am to get to his medical, and taking Trainlink to get there, but it's going to be something like a 24 hour travel (don't ask me why. I know it's a way shorter distance than that, but looking at the schedule there's so many transfers and what not.) and we won't be talking much during that time except for a few messages and a check-up call here and there. I know once this is out of the way, I will feel so much more at ease. Then all we have to worry about is the interview, but at least the end of September will be the end of this. Hoping everything goes smoothly. I just want him here already. It's all taking a toll on me. Even though it's such amazing news that we have our interview scheduled, the stress this week has been making it hard to be myself. I just think being on VJ really helps because I know I'm not alone. I'm gonna spend as much time as I can with him until he leaves to go to Brisbane, but he has a couple of last minute things to do today before his trip. 

How is everyone else doing? I noticed there's two people on here that have an interview on the 26th like my fiancee does at the Sydney consulate.

I once took the TrainLink from Sydney to Port Macquarie. That was a beautiful train ride. I hope everything went smoothly!

The US Consulate in Sydney is a very easy one (I unfortunately went through this process once before with someone who turned out to be less than faithful). As long as you have all of your paperwork in order, you will be approved in no time at all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, AfricanQ said:

Yea, it worked for me. 

Yaaay congrats

Now the wait for NVC

I just got the nice tip from @LabOz about DS-160.  Once we have that, we can track everything, right?

Does someone know, what's the earliest that we can schedule for the doctor's appointment?  Should we wait for the instructions from the US Consulate in Sweden?

9 hours ago, annachka said:

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!  NOA2!! Approved :D!!! Whew. 182 days.  So so relieved!!!

Man, that was a super long wait for us, whew.

Is anyone else still waiting for NOA2?  I really hope yours is soon (F)!  

Congratulations! :dancing:

May the rest of the process be super fast without any delays! :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, my fiancee is on his way right now to Brisbane. He made it to Sydney so he's now on his last Trainlink train and will get there around 5am. I got to speak to him a few times today, and since we talk all the time non-stop, it's just so weird not really talking because of the bad reception. But on the bright side, today he will get there and tomorrow he will have his medical. Yay!!! I seriously can't wait to get this out of the way. He's feeling good and confident about the medical, and I am as well... such lovely people he spoke with on the phone. I think I'm just about obsessed at this point of the process, is this normal? LOL
In the meantime, I am trying to keep my mind off everything as much as possible because the overstimuation is making me too excited and antcy... (ADHD doesn't help.) so I've been trying to stay busy with course work in both my marketing and social science classes. I hope everyone is having a lovely night or day wherever each of you may be. xx

I will also be sure to update everyone with what happened, results, and all that awesome stuff.

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Timeline
On 8/26/2017 at 1:17 PM, AnJ Co said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

@amishbaby is super nice, I bet she'd help you with that.  She has some experience with it due to her student status

I'm so sorry, I wish I seen this earlier. 

On 8/26/2017 at 0:58 PM, od17 said:

Hi guys! The NOA2 is finally here after almost 150 days!

I have a question re: co-sponsorship. Has anyone done that or planning to do? Are you preparing a letter explaining the reasons why the co-sponsor is willing to co-sponsor?

I didn't prepare a letter for co-sponsorship. I just had my uncle (co-sponsor) fill out the I-134 Affidavit of Support and attached his supporting documents. I also filled out an I-134 and attached whatever I could attach with it as supporting documents, because I know the petitioner is supposed to fill one out as well. 

I'm sorry for this delay. Hopefully this is useful to other people. I think just as long as you do that, you're good. My uncle gave me a letter of employment, his W2 for last year, two pay stubs from his most recent check, his bank statements, and his last 3 years of IRS transcripts. I know I went overboard, but I wanted to be safe with having a co-sponsor.

I hope this helps you and many others!

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Timeline
20 hours ago, Kateryna_I said:

Amazing place! :thumbs:Everything is about love and romance! :wub:

Hope you'll like it there. 

Happy for you! :jest:

Thank you! :) 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Holly♡ said:

I did not know anything like this even existed!!!  Where is this place at and how did you find it? :whistle: hehe
I looked for a long time, but couldn't figure out the spa in the glass of champagne  lol

Hahah! I don't mind sharing to others! It's called "Cove Haven" and it's located in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. 

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put addresses in here, and if not someone can tell me and I'll remove it.
It's: 194 Lakeview Dr, Lakeville, PA 18438, so it's only about an hour and 24 minutes from my house. 
We don't have anything as pretty as this in my area, just your basic hotels. And who wants to spend their honeymoon in a run down hotel or motel? I mean, some motels in the area literally look like a scene out of bates motel lol. My area is the most ghetto of places, since I'm in between New York, Philadelphia, and New Jersey. if you're familiar with Hazleton/Wilkes Barre/Scranton, that's the area I'm in.

But it's beautiful. It would be the break that I'm secretly crying for deep inside. :P

We were looking up honeymoon places in PA and this was one of the results at the top of Google's search results.

SCORE. :D

I never thought anything like this existed myself. 

Edited by amishbaby

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.