Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

No whether you have kids or not it doesn't matter if they have not actually laid hands on your case.  They know their are cases where children are involved but this is not a determining factor on how fast your case moves.  Sorry, but I wish this were the case as well...but sadly it is not. People with kids wait just as long as others without.

Yeah, there's no indication of any preference for kids at all, other and adjudicators like them because they're easier to process.

8 minutes ago, SazKap said:

Hi All,

Not sure if this info has been shared already but just spoke with a family friend who works at the CSC in Aliso Viejo - he said that they are experiencing MAJOR delays due to K1s being deprioritized in favor of other more urgent immigration cases.  He mentioned that a massive caseload of Haitian immigration applications landed on their desks and they've had to pull a lot of the K1 case reviewers onto the job - apparently, the Temporary Protected Status for those affected by the earthquake got extended so now they are trying to process as many cases as they can so that people don't get deported. Since it's a human rights issue, they've been mandated to prioritze those cases. He said they are so underwater that they've apparently authorized overtime pay for adjudicators for the first time in a long time. He said I should be expecting a minimum of 120+ days since NOA1 to hear from them. I'm a May/June cusp filer, so I've got quite a ways to go still it seems. :(  

While I'm cranky about the delays, I feel a bit better knowing why - thought you guys might want to know as well.  

He didn't know anything about the app or the cadence of approvals/status updates.

In the meantime, congrats to those who did manage to get some good news this month. :)

xoxo,
Sarah

Your information meshes with the reports from USCIS. Not sure about the Haitians but that could just be the application de jour.

It's pretty apparent we've been de-prioritized, and for Q1 at least we can prove it was for I-129 (not F) H1B cases. Based on what we've been told, there aren't really that many K1 case reviewers, less than 10 adjudicators could process every K1 that comes in.

Of course when five of those guys are taken off K1s and put on other cases, we get the current nightmare. If you look at the last NOA2 issues in the past two weeks, the average NOA1-NOA2 time is now 136 days, and almost certainly will be over 150 in another month without a major change at CSC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SazKap said:

Hi All,

Not sure if this info has been shared already but just spoke with a family friend who works at the CSC in Aliso Viejo - he said that they are experiencing MAJOR delays due to K1s being deprioritized in favor of other more urgent immigration cases.  He mentioned that a massive caseload of Haitian immigration applications landed on their desks and they've had to pull a lot of the K1 case reviewers onto the job - apparently, the Temporary Protected Status for those affected by the earthquake got extended so now they are trying to process as many cases as they can so that people don't get deported. Since it's a human rights issue, they've been mandated to prioritze those cases. He said they are so underwater that they've apparently authorized overtime pay for adjudicators for the first time in a long time. He said I should be expecting a minimum of 120+ days since NOA1 to hear from them. I'm a May/June cusp filer, so I've got quite a ways to go still it seems. :(  

While I'm cranky about the delays, I feel a bit better knowing why - thought you guys might want to know as well.  

He didn't know anything about the app or the cadence of approvals/status updates.

In the meantime, congrats to those who did manage to get some good news this month. :)

xoxo,
Sarah

Cool, thanks for the info .. like i said before, I have no issue waiting, but the lack of updates and just not knowing what is going on is frustrating. If there are more urgent cases, so be it, I can understand that. The thing is, I can understand if everyone was still waiting, no problem, but with an NOA1 of 3/16, seeing a 4/4 being approved is hard, but congrats to them ;) )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SazKap said:

Hi All,

xoxo,
Sarah

funny thing is, i just wanted to post earlier today, going by 6 degrees of separation, someone is bound to know someone that works there to give us some of the inside scoop of what is going on. Keep us updated if you hear anything else ... i'm sure you passed your case number onto him to keep an eye out for you  .. hahaha :whistle::jest:

28 minutes ago, SazKap said:

Hi All,

xoxo,
Sarah

I think a lot of people would be more understanding if they just TOLD US what's going on, rather than to keep everyone in the dark. It is very good to know this and makes sense if it's true. Too bad they can't tell the public.

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

28 minutes ago, FutureMrsBennett said:

No whether you have kids or not it doesn't matter if they have not actually laid hands on your case.  They know their are cases where children are involved but this is not a determining factor on how fast your case moves.  Sorry, but I wish this were the case as well...but sadly it is not. People with kids wait just as long as others without.

I was thinking the same. I have kids and they definitely didn't get in a rush for me. Then I have seen countless others with kids wait for an eternity :) 

Edited by TriloByte

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Timeline

On the Haiti topic, USCIS actually put out a release: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tps-re-registration-deadline-haiti-july-24

They have until January 2018 with the extension, so it might have been people rushing to file for re-registation. Apparently there's 50,000 Haitians here on TPS. That's another block the size of all K1s put together in a year and then some.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
5 minutes ago, troika said:

funny thing is, i just wanted to post earlier today, going by 6 degrees of separation, someone is bound to know someone that works there to give us some of the inside scoop of what is going on. Keep us updated if you hear anything else ... i'm sure you passed your case number onto him to keep an eye out for you  .. hahaha :whistle::jest:

I was really hoping he would offer but he was very careful not to even hint at it - I even threw out a "I haven't heard anything in a few months and I'm feeling anxious about an RFE, what do you think?" ... I was really hoping for a "oh, send over the ol' wac number" but didn't happen.  I imagine there are probably pretty strict rules about that sort of thing.

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

31 minutes ago, twoDs said:

On the Haiti topic, USCIS actually put out a release: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/tps-re-registration-deadline-haiti-july-24

They have until January 2018 with the extension, so it might have been people rushing to file for re-registation. Apparently there's 50,000 Haitians here on TPS. That's another block the size of all K1s put together in a year and then some.

inefficiency all throughout the system, from top to bottom. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
35 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

inefficiency all throughout the system, from top to bottom. 

Inefficiency bordering on broken. And they follow the same process for hiring adjudicators. Utter insanity. They could put all priorities on hiring, and in a few weeks have a team in place that could process just as many applications as the people removed from other tasks and start making a dent in backlogs as well.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Fairly sure I only saw 2 approvals today, this pace must be exhausting to USCIS!  How can they manage day after day?

For me - Last 9 days and 12hr shifts- off in an hour for 5 days.  Tired of working, tired of eating hospital food every day for over a week, tired of being on hold, tired of uscis, tired of the mailman, tired of everything - just tired.  Think I'll sleep until 2pm.  But first, I have to go check that *^&% mailbox.  

Well, do the math.. 2 approvals * 13 = 26 approvals in the USCIS universe. 26/3 approvals per hour is 8.6 hours. It's probably one person working a little faster than that.

At that rate it'll take 90 days just to get through the unprocessed March filings. Basically backlog is expanding at a 3:1 rate now, and there's roughly a month of backlog ahead of us.

If they don't process any more April applications, we're looking at 4 months before March is complete at this rate. 300 days. None of us will be sane by that point.

Edited by twoDs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were rebuilt in about 5 years. It's been 7 years since the earthquake in Haiti. You'd think rebuilding efforts would have gotten better in the last 66 years, especially with an entire international coalition behind it. :whistle:

Edited by dkmfan85

16 minutes ago, twoDs said:

Inefficiency bordering on broken. And they follow the same process for hiring adjudicators. Utter insanity. They could put all priorities on hiring, and in a few weeks have a team in place that could process just as many applications as the people removed from other tasks and start making a dent in backlogs as well.

I meant the ENTIRE system, not just USCIS. From the use of government to the economic models. It's all broken. 

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I meant the ENTIRE system, not just USCIS. From the use of government to the economic models. It's all broken. 

Tainter has something to say about this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Need some help!

so I am waiting as patiently as I can for my response to my RFE  and I have seen that people have contacted their senators. If I still don't have any word by this Saturday I plan on contacting my Senator and asking for an inquiry on my case.

For those of you who have contacted your senators, how did you go about it through your email? I don't want to sound too whiny but I need to know what is going on with my case or I might go crazy!!! Or crazier than I already am 😂

Any help is appreciated

signed,

a very whiney march whiner 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.