Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

What's the best way to get NBI clearance?  Does it take a whole day?

There are many offices throughout the islands. It depends what day she goes  and what time.

Mine was there about 3-4 hours if I recall.

10 hours ago, Missabc said:

Nope, I've seen a lot of people do that and not have any problems.

I was thinking about this, but am concerned that the immigration official(s) at the POE may think she will return after a few months. Do you know how long ago these others did this? Do you know if they were questioned about the return ticket?

Timeline

142 days of stressful waiting! We got an email on the 12th of august from csc saying Our case is currently being adjudicated and that we shld receive a notice of action within 45 days! Really? Within 45 days? Jeez! I had an emotional breakdown this morning from all the waiting. Everyone I see are getting there approvals already and yet here I am, ☹️😭💔 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Vendhen said:

I am at 38 days waiting for rfe response.    Hope yours is quicker... There is reallly no way to calculate. Only thing they will tell you is they have 45-60 days to respond to hour rfe..

stay positive and patient

Thank you! Thinking of submitting an inquiry on my case. What is your case status? is it rfe mailed or received?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 8/14/2017 at 8:07 PM, pajobra said:

And yes Chris opened the mail on skype with me just now and.......we are APPROVED!!!! Notice Date: August 9, 2017 Updating my timeline now :)

Congratulations!!

1 hour ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I decided to call NVC again today...you never know the next day they may have a case # right.. and this time i got through by pressing 5 really quick again.. and i was asked quite a few more questions so i had a feeling they had it and sure enough i received my case# and my invoice #

Looked it up on the tracker it says "at NVC"

NOA Friday July 29

NVC Friday Aug 11

Case # Tuesday August 15 

Same for us, NOA2 on July 29th and we got the NVC case number / invoice id / beneficiary id today, Aug 15th. It say's "At NVC" for us as well. Should we go ahead and schedule an interview or do we have to wait till it says "Ready" or something?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, twoDs said:

Just FYI -- though it sounds like some of you have seen it  -- it looks like the USCIS status is actually working, our case updated to show approved today.

Our attorney also called since he'd gotten notified.

What's interesting is the email to the senator's aide says it was approved on 8/11, the USCIS and my layer say 8/14. Hmmmmmmmm...

Same, we got the email notification on July 5th and the case tracker says "On July 5, 2017, we approved your Form I-129F..." But on the hard copy NOA2 the notice date is actually July 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ashley.Marie13 said:

I got an RFE notification today which is bittersweet! I! Excited after 4 months I finally have a response but sad it'll be a delay. That being said, does anyone know how much an RFE can delay things? If I send whatever is required by next week can I expect to hear back soon? 

My RFE delayed things for about a month... that was when I recieved the RFE notification, response to RFE, and finally NOA2 recieved. Best of luck! We are cheering for you 

26 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

Yay! Just got off the phone with the NVC and got my case #!! :dance:

Woohooo! I got mine today as well . Any idea how long it takes to process and send to embassy ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, taybayjay said:

My RFE delayed things for about a month... that was when I recieved the RFE notification, response to RFE, and finally NOA2 recieved. Best of luck! We are cheering for you 

Woohooo! I got mine today as well . Any idea how long it takes to process and send to embassy ?

Depends on the embassy. I think the NVC has it around 5 days and then sends it to the embassy. If the embassy is part of the electronic system, they will have it within a day. If not, gotta wait on the snail mail. Luckily Ukraine is part of the network. Canada is another one I know for sure. Not sure who else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.