Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, pajobra said:

Having a really tough day. Almost ready to just give up. I know I know others are way past our date with nothing yet too.  BUT ARGH.

Don't give up! I felt the same way right before we got our NOA2. I thought it will never hsppen, we will never be together again, I will never get my visa. Thought everything is terribly wrong, they lost our case or something like this. I didn't even care if my boyfriend checked the mail of no, I just thought nothing will be there anyway. Was hard to hope for the next day and be dissapointed again. Literally on the next day after i started feel like this we got our letter in the mail. 

I can't promise you your NOA2 tomorrow, but I hope at least it will help you to understand that I think everyone of us felt that way, we were about to give up, we were depressed and we have a right for that. This process is super annoying and unpredictable. Just know that sooner or later it will be over. And we totally understand your feelings, and we are always ready to give you the support, cuz we know how you feel.

Btw if someone interested. We got our NOA in the mail 7/16, dated 7/11. 7/27 my fiance called NVC to check if they got our case already and figure out our new number. They said they got our case 7/18, processes it and sent to TBILISI, GEORGIA at 7/25. I was literally shocked. I'm russian, I live here all my life, never was in Georgia, I have no idea why they sent it to this country. It was supposed to be sent to Moscow. 

Feels pretty bad to waste time, I already could go do medical, if not this Georgian case number. But we are still trying to figure how to fix our case, calling both embassies, chatting with them by e-mail and hoping things will get better soon 😩 Hope is all we have in this exhausting process. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kadony said:

Btw if someone interested. We got our NOA in the mail 7/16, dated 7/11. 7/27 my fiance called NVC to check if they got our case already and figure out our new number. They said they got our case 7/18, processes it and sent to TBILISI, GEORGIA at 7/25. I was literally shocked. I'm russian, I live here all my life, never was in Georgia, I have no idea why they sent it to this country. It was supposed to be sent to Moscow. 

Feels pretty bad to waste time, I already could go do medical, if not this Georgian case number. But we are still trying to figure how to fix our case, calling both embassies, chatting with them by e-mail and hoping things will get better soon 😩 Hope is all we have in this exhausting process. 

OMG, that's awful! So unprofessional... I can't imagine how frustrated you must be...

I do hope they can fix their dumb mistake soon. Good luck!

Spoiler

02/27/2017 - I-129 sent

03/02/2017 - Received date

03/07/2017 - NOA1 text and email

03/10/2017 - NOA1 hard copy

06/14/2017 - RFE mailed

06/17/2017 - RFE received (an unchecked box)

06/19/2017 - response to RFE mailed

06/23/2017 - response to RFE received

06/28/2017 - NOA2 Notice date

07/03/2017 - NOA2 hard copy received

07/11/2017 - NVC case number assigned

07/16/2017 - NVC left

07/17/2017 - Case Ready

07/19/2017 - Packet 3 received

08/18/2017 - Medical

08/23/2017 - Interview - Approved!!!

08/28/2017 - Visa issued

09/04/2017 - Visa in hand

10/27/2017 - POE (JFK)

11/25/2017 - got married!!!

AOS - K-1 + 2 K-2s

01/07/2018 - mailed AOS and EAD forms

01/11/2018 - Received date

01/18/2018 - Notice date

01/22/2018 - text notifications

01/25/2018 - got hard copies

02/12/2018 - biometrics

05/22/2018 - EAD approved 

06/26/2018 - AOS interview

06/27/2018 - AOS approved

07/03/2018 - approval notices received

07/05/2018 - green cards received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone.

Hope you guys are all OK.

I know it is hard to wait, the depression and everything but you will receive your NOA2 soon.

Well, I was one of you guys who is waiting for the 2nd approval.

We got our NOA2 July 5, and it's so sad that we have to end our relationship now and cancel the engagement.

Now, my only concern is, is there any way where I can cancel the VISA?

Or he should be the one to do it?

Thank you for your responses, and I hope you will be with your loved ones soon.

55 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

OMG, that's awful! So unprofessional... I can't imagine how frustrated you must be...

I do hope they can fix their dumb mistake soon. Good luck!

Thank u! 

Moscow embassy sent me a letter like an hour ago, they said they requested my case from Tbilisi and i should contact them in the end of this week and see if they got it. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, C & B_27 said:

Hi everyone.

I know it is hard to wait, the depression and everything but you will receive your NOA2 soon.

We got our NOA2 July 5, and it's so sad that we have to end our relationship now and cancel the engagement.

Omg thats the saddest thing I heard today 💔☹️ after all the waiting? That sucks! You guys waited for so long only to cancel everything ☹️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

Omg thats the saddest thing I heard today 💔☹️ after all the waiting? That sucks! You guys waited for so long only to cancel everything ☹️ 

I agree. Im so sorry to hear that. Are you really sure to end everything now? Hoping you can still patch things up! @C & B_27

Edited by NovaDC

43 minutes ago, C & B_27 said:

Hi everyone.

I'm sorry to read that :( 
Good luck for the future, hopefully you'll be ok. If it isn't too fix, it was probably the right time, before the big move is made.

As far as I've heard the petitioner has to write a letter to USCIS to explain and cancel the petition.
But I might be corrected by someone who knows better!

Best of luck for you!Hug!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like we have our second 7/31 NOA2 in the database (will be interesting to see if it really is one from 7/31) and it's a 3/31 NOA1, so as expected the tail end of the month is getting some love from USCIS. Now if they'd just live up to the promise of processing in order and taking care of all us stragglers...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, C & B_27 said:

Hi everyone.

Oh no. :( he should be the one to do it but you can send the USCIS an email, just in case.. be strong, Ate.

Timeline
1 hour ago, C & B_27 said:

Hi everyone.

Ouch.  This hurts me to read this, and I can imagine only your pain right now.  My first hope would be that after all the stress you have been through, you could find a way to fix things..... Sometimes the chance to repair just isn't there and you have to go separate ways.....  You are smart to think about cleaning up this situation before you move on.  The US petitioner has to request his petition be cancelled.  It is in both of your interests to get it cancelled.  He should write to all 3 agencies (USCIS, NVC, USEM) with a formal request.  There is no avenue for the beneficiary to request a cancel.

Best of luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 0:04 PM, KozmicBlues said:

Same received date here, no NOA2. Contacted my Senator's office but the aid I spoke with said he is likely to get the same answer I have already been told. He was really nice though and said he is happy to inquire anyway so I sent off a privacy notice. Can't believe we are almost at 4 months of waiting!! :( 

I think someone with a notice date of March 28th got approved, but haven't heard of anyone else yet. 

I'm tempted to inquire myself, but I can't help but to feel it's pointless and get no where with it. Desperate for answers though..... 4 months is just ridiculous. 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/24/2017 at 0:22 PM, BahamaIslander242 said:

Same here too bringing up the tail end. Still semi-patiently waiting. Feeling optimistic about this week though.

Sent: March 24th 

Received: March 28th

NOA1: April 3rd

Seems to be a few ppl hanging out in the April group waiting with the same dates also. 

Pretty much the same dates but I'm half asleep right now. :lol: I have my NOA2 on here for April 4th, not sure if it's the 3rd or the 4th but I'll be watching you to see if you get approved. I haven't noticed too much happening with my date. 

When we first met... <3 8/2015 - First met. 10/6/2015 - Started dating. 9/23/2016 - His first visit! 12/23/2016 - Left America. 12/25/2016 - Landed in Australia!  K1 Visa 3/23/17 - I-129F sent. 4/3/17 - NOA1 email confirmation/notice date. 4/7/17 - NOA1 hard copy received!  8/2/17 - Contacted USCIS and spoke with a Tier-2 officer, also contacted my senator. 8/3/17 - Constituent Advocate contacted me and I put in an inquiry on my case. 8/3/17 NOA2 Approved the day after I contacted the Tier-2 officer. 8/7/17 - NOA2 hard copy received! (The same day I received an email from my senators office that I was approved) NVC 8/24/17 - NVC received our case. 8/24/17 - Case number received via email. 8/24/17 - Left the NVC to the consulate Consulate  9/4/17   -  Consulate recieved. 9/4/17   -  Packet 3 received. 9/5/17   -  Packet 3 sent! 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 received. 9/7/17   -  Packet 4 sent!  9/7/17   -  Medical scheduled for September 14th, 10:45 AEST. 9/7/17   -  Interview Scheduled for September 26th, 8:30 AEST.  9/14/17 -  Medical completed. 9/26/17 -  Interview complete. Result: Approved! He's not leaving me again. <3  POE and AOS 9/30/17 - Visa packet recieved with POE documents. 10/2/17 - POE at LAX successful! 10/2/17 - Arrives at my house at 12:17am through Lyft, yay! 10/5/17 - DJ booked for wedding, applied for a marriage license. 10/10/17 - Engagement ring and Wedding bands purchased (one band needed to be adjusted and the other was ordered online). We also made our first attempt for a social security card (told us to come back in a week), and we ordered our three tier wedding cake for the wedding. 10/11/17 - Marriage license in hand. 10/16/17 - Catering food list and price completed and ordered. 10/18/17 - Honeymoon reservation booked 11/24-11/26 (2 days). 10/19/17 - Social Security (2nd attempt) successful and will recieve in two weeks, and we ordered a keg of beer for the wedding, and picked up my fiancee's wedding band and left my wedding band there to be resized again (with my engagement ring as well). *10/3/17 - 10/22/17 shopping for decorations, supplies, and last minute stuff for the wedding.*  Wedding Date: November 11th 2017. TBA: 10/24/17 Cameron's social  security card arrives,  10/29/17 Pick up engagement ring and wedding band, 11/2/17 Finalize our RSVP list for our total number of people coming to the wedding, 11/1/17 Arrange the wedding favors with candy and thank you cards, wedding rehearsal and setting up the wedding/reception hall (tons to do). 11/6/17 Pay for the wedding cake (they wouldn't take early payment),  

@KULtoATL Is this (Notarized Confirmation of Job Offer and Salary) the same as Employment Letter? Does it really have to be notarized?

Case Status Update

March 10, 2017 - I-129F Package Sent

March 13, 2017 - I-129F Accepted

March 16, 2017 - I-797C NOA1 Received

June 21, 2017 - NOA2 Received

July 7, 2017 - NVC Case Created

July 17, 2017 - NVC Hardcopy Received

July 17, 2017 - Received email from U.S. Embassy in Malaysia to schedule an interview. 

July 18, 2017 - Case Ready 

August 5, 2017 - Only interview date available is August 17 

August 8, 2017 - Scheduled interview on August 17

August 9, 2017 - Medical Examination (report ready by August 16)

August 17, 2017 - Interview Day (K1 Approved)

January 23, 2018 - Entry to the US 

February 16, 2018 - Got married!

February 21, 2018 - Sent AOS packet

February 24, 2018 - AOS packet delivered

March 8, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Accepted

March 16, 2018 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 NOA Received

March 28, 2018 - Biometrics appointment

July 9, 2018 - EAD & Advanced Parole Approved

July 14, 2018 - EAD card Received

May 17, 2019 - I-485 Interview, Approved on the spot

May 23, 2019 - I-797 NOA on approval received

May 23, 2019 USCIS account updated to "Card picked up by USPS"

May 30, 2019 - US Permanent Resident Card Received

March 1, 2021 - I-751 Accepted

March 29, 2021 - I-751 NOA Received, US Permanent Resident Card extended for 18 months

2 minutes ago, Jesus & Michelle said:

@KULtoATL Is this (Notarized Confirmation of Job Offer and Salary) the same as Employment Letter? Does it really have to be notarized?

Same document. Doesn't require notarization.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.