Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, twoDs said:

USCIS suspended premium processing on K1Bs due to backlog right around April 1 (they announced it on 4/5, I think.) My bet is (and the numbers seem to reflect this) there was a surge in filings, backlog started to rise, USCIS suspended premium processing and took staff off K1s and put them onto H1Bs or some other visa. The fact that USCIS just recently restarted premium H1B processing tells me they're comfortable with the backlog situation now, so either they picked up more staff, or the backlog is small enough that they could reassign people. Which all means March filers were really, really unlucky.

It really is staggering, though, when you realize just how few K1s there are in the overall scheme of things. We're like 0.5% of all visas issued. No surprise they don't care, all of us screaming in unison wouldn't even register on their radar. And literally a half-dozen people (or parts of people that add up to a half dozen, plus their supervisors) are handling all K1s for the entire country. You'd think they'd do a K1 expedite program just to fund another person or two.

VJ is rather remarkable, having 8% of all K1s captured is a very, very high number from a statistical viewpoint. It varies a lot by country when I looked into it (I think we have nearly 50% of Canadian K1 filers reporting in, but obviously the outlier countries have a very low participation rate.) We can basically take any number from VJ and mulitiply by 13 to figure out what's happening in all of USCIS.

There are lottery Visas that happen in April also =/ that could have a little bit to do with it too.. the April part I mean

4 minutes ago, Eric&Olya said:

Ugh, tomorrow is absolutely impossible:(

Any chance for today?

I see, in this case Ok, I'll reschedule my plans to meet with you, girls ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

3 hours with 2 hungry kids!:blink: (You are not allowed to eat before the blood test, are you?) They will eat me up by the end of the medical!:D 

Be sure to double check the need for fasting before the medical.  For our medical, no fasting is needed prior to the blood test, and no food is allowed in the clinic so they recommend a meal before arriving the day of the exam.

I would think the serum tests are universal across the globe, so I believe a fast prior won't be necessary :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AnJ Co said:

Be sure to double check the need for fasting before the medical.  For our medical, no fasting is needed prior to the blood test, and no food is allowed in the clinic so they recommend a meal before arriving the day of the exam.

I would think the serum tests are universal across the globe, so I believe a fast prior won't be necessary :)

During our medical, we hid some fruits on our bags. :)) We were eating while waiting for the clinic to open 😊

7 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

During our medical, we hid some fruits on our bags. :)) We were eating while waiting for the clinic to open 😊

Oooh did you say fruits 🍒🍌🍏🍐🍓😋

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well called nvc trying to get our number so we could track it... they said they just recieved it today...call back in two weeks...lololol.. um that means call back monday with my fingers crossed lololol...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
20 minutes ago, SChamb said:

Well called nvc trying to get our number so we could track it... they said they just recieved it today...call back in two weeks...lololol.. um that means call back monday with my fingers crossed lololol...

I would call back tomorrow or Friday!  The are pretty quick with assigning case numbers for K1 Visas :)

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

23 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

It looks like now every calendar day in March has received an approval. Will be interesting to see when the first few April approvals start to roll out that aren't obviously expedited cases.

Not all of them approved. Got RFE 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Everything done said:

Not all of them approved. Got RFE 

I wish all of them were approved, but that's not what I was saying. Every day in March has been touched which means everyone who has a March NOA1 date can expect a NOA2 on any day from this point forward.

Edited by dkmfan85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, SolFreeman said:

Hello everyone!!! I've seen a lot of approvals this week!!! Congratulations!!! More approvals please, oh dear Lord!!! 🙏🏻 

My US Visa Passport has arrived in the house this morning  and I was able to attend CFO after lunch. I got my CFO sticker and GCP Certificate after the program. I'll be flying from Manila to SFO on August 2nd. Please pray for me too. 🙏🏻✈️

I'm so glad to be a part of this group! Everyone supports each other. You guys will always be in my prayers. 😘

NOA1 - March 6

NOA2 - June 9

NVC - June 21

Medical - July 3&4

Interview - July 18

Visa on Hand - July 26

CFO - July 26

Flight: August 2 (Manila-SFO)

"To God Be The Glory!"

Congratulations 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, SChamb said:

when was your NOA2 date?, Mine was 07/19/17. I want to have an idea of when to call them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I did my usual morning ritual today, which is to sit down at my desk, start working, and wait for informed delivery to show.

When I shows up I close my eyes and visualize an image of a letter from USCIS with the NOA2 in it.

So I did that this morning, opened the email and... nada!

Day 135.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, SChamb said:

NVC already got your case? That's really fast! Hope mine will get to NVC very soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.