3,975 posts in this topic

I have two more questions: 

1) Is it normal that my AP doesn't say that it's approved? 

2) Since I am now authorized to work, can I start working without having the card in hand yet? 

1 hour ago, Lilian & Joshua said:

Hello Everyone!

FINALLY after 126 today I received 2 emails & text messages notifying that my EAD and AP were approved. I never thought it was going to take this long. 

Last month on June 9 my AOS status changed to Case ready to Schedule For an Interview. I hope I get the interview waiver! Good luck to everybody out there looking for their first jobs here. I'll start applying for jobs in a few weeks.

Does  anybody know how long it takes from "Case Approved to Card Was Mailed"? I'd like to have an idea of how much longer I have to wait.

Congrats! Did you expedite or place SR? I'm still waiting with no RFIE/RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, arc1993 said:

Congrats! Did you expedite or place SR? I'm still waiting with no RFIE/RFE

Thanks! I placed a SR a month ago and I received a letter in the mail like one week later saying that my case was under revision and that I was going to receive an answer shortly (a month later, that's "shortly" to them). I didn't get any RFE either that's why I was freaking out literally! This process seems endless!  And still don't know if we're getting an interview or not :( You'll probably receive an answer soon

43 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

2) Since I am now authorized to work, can I start working without having the card in hand yet? 

1) Yes, I've read that more people had this and still got their combo card

2) I would say no. But if you have a job waiting maybe you can tell them you'll have it shortly. When your case is updated with card is mailed, wait 24Hrs than call them and ask for a tracking number. You'll need to speak to a tier 2 officer they can see more in the system. I got one and saw I'm getting my card this coming Friday.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

i would say don't worry about the AP status at all as everyone on here seems to be dealing with the same situation and then end up getting the EAD/AP combo card...

As for working without the card actually in your hands, i would stick it out till next week thats not a long wait considering the wait u just had and it will mean you are on the safer side so i would suggest waiting for the card... there is a saying in my language which roughly translated means, if you can wait till the rice is fully cooked, you can also easily wait for it to cool down a bit before you eat... :D hope you get the meaning...

Edited by nikaero

just your typical immigrant LOL!!!

Timeline so far:

May 23rd    : Sent i-485, i-130&130A, i-131 and i-765 along with supporting documents at around 6PM via UPS next morning delivery.

May 24th    : USCIS received packet at 10 AM.

May 31st    : 4 texts and emails NOAs for all the applications and signed up for case status account.

June 2nd    : NOAs in the mail.

June 9th     : Bio-metrics appointment notice dated June 2nd. Appointment scheduled for June 20th.

June 12th   : Bio-metrics done, Walked in with an infopass appointment that nobody asked for. They didn't even ask why i was coming in early.

The person who dealt with me was very nice and welcoming.

July 3rd       : At 11AM received an email saying your case status has changed to interview is scheduled for August 2nd...

August 2nd : Attended interview was approved on the spot... IO was nice professional and polite but not friendly...

August 10th : At 2PM received my Green card in the mail!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Thank you!!! :) Ah man I was hoping to have it early next week. Well I guess a few more days doesn't matter anymore now anyways. 

It was my expedite request that was completed yesterday that seemed to lead to the approval. I'm just confused that my service request that was completed last Friday didn't do sh%$t but my expedite request (which by the way I was told at three different calls I can't do, I just finally had someone on the line who would let me) without having to show any proof lead them to approve it. 

1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

1) it is normal

2) on my approval paper, it says you can't use this paper for employment authorization. you can't show it as evidence of work permit. and it says in the end, they can change their mind, they can check if you worked before by getting info from businesses etc. :D so it scared me :D i won't work till i get my card in my hand :D  

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

On Saturday we had an update that the EAD was being produced (July 8)

Today, Tuesday, July 12 we got notice AP was approved and a combo card was in the mail...

Done by text and by email...

Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the interview to be scheduled for March filers?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, britontherun said:

On Saturday we had an update that the EAD was being produced (July 8)

Today, Tuesday, July 12 we got notice AP was approved and a combo card was in the mail...

Done by text and by email...

Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the interview to be scheduled for March filers?

it varies. it is about your local uscis. it takes around 3months to 1 year i guess. :D 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

I got all my NOA's and EAD/AP from the Lee's Summit Office and when I called them to asked something, they told me that my application will be proceeded at the Kansas City Missouri office. Is anyone at the same office and can share their timeline? I applied on march 10 this year and I'm just wondering if anyone else has their interview appointment scheduled yet?

So far it was a smooth process for us, got the EAD/AP within the 90 days after the bio appointment... flew home to finish my school and in august I will be finally back in my husband arms again! I don't really worry about the reentry and interview at all, because I think if you don't have to hide anything, you don't have to worry!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Finally after 136 days I got the new card is being produced status change. Relieved is an understatement how I feel right now. 

How fast can I expect to have the EAD in hand? My employer wants me to start working asap.

USCIS.png

I had it six days later

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
5 hours ago, KimberleyVDB said:

Screenshot_20170712-124300.png

If you have USPS informed delivery you can use that too. The package & tracking number shows up on your account immediately after shipping.

AOS Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sent via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17: NOA e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

: Online Status I-130,I-765 received on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copies of all 4 NOAs in the mail 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metrics appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

AOS ROC Journey

(8/16/19) Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19) Fedex signed for by USCIS 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message; NOA1 Notice Date 8/19/19

Those of you that submitted and expedite request. How long did it take you to hear back after you submitted your proof/evidence of need to expidite? 

Thanks in advance!!! Congrats to those that have progress! And positive vibes to those still waiting for any news at all!

My case was updated now to.. Interview Schedulded.. It will be on 08-15 .. Detroit .. They need us to do the medical examination before the interview ((they lost my medical at POE)) K 1 visa

Any one can help me regarding the civil surgeon and the cost and how long after it i will get my form I 693 Ready.. Thank you .. Wish me a good luck

2 hours ago, rose michigan said:

My case was updated now to.. Interview Schedulded.. It will be on 08-15 .. Detroit .. They need us to do the medical examination before the interview ((they lost my medical at POE)) K 1 visa

Any one can help me regarding the civil surgeon and the cost and how long after it i will get my form I 693 Ready.. Thank you .. Wish me a good luck

Hey there guys, 

my husband went to a place in Bloomfield hills. It was around 300 with all the testing and everything. He had his papers in hand 2 days later after the TB read. You can go on USCIS website and look for a doctor in your area if Bloomfield hills is too far for you. 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.