3,975 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, RenoZiv said:

Those of you that submitted and expedite request. How long did it take you to hear back after you submitted your proof/evidence of need to expidite?ย 

ย 

Thanks in advance!!! Congrats to those that have progress! And positive vibes to those still waiting for any news at all!

I submitted expedite request but never got asked to submit proof :(ย did you?

16 minutes ago, kara&mati said:

Hey there guys,ย 

my husband went to a place in Bloomfield hills. It was around 300 with all the testing and everything. He had his papers in hand 2 days later after the TB read. You can go on USCIS website and look for a doctor in your area if Bloomfield hills is too far for you.ย 

Thank you Very much.. It is about 45 Minutes Away.. Can you please provide me with more details.. The Doctor's name, address, did You Made an appointment and brought the form filled ?ย 

1 hour ago, arc1993 said:

Yes, I got it on Monday and sent it in on Tuesday. Sorry yours didn't get that far did you try calling? They should have sent something even if it's a no were sorry you don't qualify, or as some have gotten we currently have too many expedited requests.

11 minutes ago, RenoZiv said:

Yes, I got it on Monday and sent it in on Tuesday. Sorry yours didn't get that far did you try calling? They should have sent something even if it's a no were sorry you don't qualify, or as some have gotten we currently have too many expedited requests.

They sent this email on July 1st, three days after I placed it:

ย 

Your case is currently under review. ย You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly.

ย 

So I called on July 5th to ask if they needed proof and tier 2 officer said I had to wait. Nothing so far.

2 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Thank you Very much.. It is about 45 Minutes Away.. Can you please provide me with more details.. The Doctor's name, address, did You Made an appointment and brought the form filled ?ย 

We had to set an appointment, but they got us in the next day. We printed out the form from the USCIS website and took it with us. I think you will also need a passport photo. Also if you have health insurance it will cover any testing that you may need. They only charge for the office visit. Our price of $300 was because my husband did not have health insurance at the time.ย 

The doctor is:

Faiz Mansour

10 west long lake road

bloomfield hills, MI 48302

phone number is 248-452-9500

ย 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

2 hours ago, rose michigan said:

Also our interview is on the 3rd of august, so I will post our experience there for the Detroit office.ย 

I-129F sent- June 15

Lockbox received- June 16

Noa1- June 20

RFE- August 23

NOA2- September 1

NVC received- September 13

Case #- September 13

interview- October 31

POE- November 13

Married- November 23

17 hours ago, DorothyLa said:

ย 

1) it is normal

2) on my approval paper, it says you can't use this paper for employment authorization. you can't show it as evidence of work permit. and it says in the end, they can change their mind, they can check if you worked before by getting info from businesses etc. :Dย so it scared me :Dย i won't work till i get my card in my hand :Dย ย 

Yeah I think they just say that to scare people to do the right thing, which definitely seems toย be waiting until you have the work permit in hand. If the company doesn't register you(which they usually wouldn't because you don't have the work permit yet) and you don't make any profile accounts yet that are connected to clients or other people (such as email or SalesForce account) there's no way USCIS could find out.ย 

Obviously it is not worth the risk and I wouldn't advise anyone to do so especially not under the current administration but it's definitely possible.ย ย 

It's still a little odd that although I am approved and technically am allowed to work that I need the card in hand to start working. My company wouldn't mind to let me start working without it after they waited so long for me to get approved. Oh well... hope I have it by next week. I just hope they won't let me wait long again.ย 

You can definitely start to apply for jobs now though if you haven't yet! They take 2-4 weeks to get back to you. :)

3 hours ago, arc1993 said:

I was never asked to submit proof either and it was approved after couple days. But after 135 days they might've just thought that I had enough reasons to expedite too so I am not sure whether thatย was normal. WHen I placed the request on the phone the tier 2 officer asked me on what grounds I would try to expedite and I said that since I was told that i can not expedite with a job offer that I will go for financial loss this time because at this point after having to wait for so long I feel like I have enough reasons to claim that (although I actually don't because my husband makes a good amount of money for the both of us). The officer answered that I might have to show proof of orย maybe I won't. So it seems like the officer was already anticipating that I might not need to show proof.

7 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

I was never asked to submit proof either and it was approved after couple days. But after 135 days they might've just thought that I had enough reasons to expedite too so I am not sure whether thatย was normal. WHen I placed the request on the phone the tier 2 officer asked me on what grounds I would try to expedite and I said that since I was told that i can not expedite with a job offer that I will go for financial loss this time because at this point after having to wait for so long I feel like I have enough reasons to claim that (although I actually don't because my husband makes a good amount of money for the both of us). The officer answered that I might have to show proof of orย maybe I won't. So it seems like the officer was already anticipating that I might not need to show proof.

How long did it take to get an approval? Mine has been 2 weeks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

USCIS processing information has been updated.

ย 

As of May 31, last updated July 12.

ย 

Example processing as of dates

NBC I-765 March 18;

LA/LA County ~ November 10

AOSย Journey

03/07/17: I-130, I-485, & I-765 packet sentย via FEDEX

03/08/17: Received by USCIS @ 3rd Floor Chicago

03/21/17:ย NOAย e-notifcation of I-130, I-485, & I-765

ย ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย : Online Status I-130,I-765 receivedย on 3/8 and I-485 fingerprint fee accepted 3/15

03/21/17: Received hard-copiesย of all 4 NOAs in the mailย 

03/31/17: Received biometrics appointment letter

04/07/17: Bio-metricsย appointment

06/21/17: EAD: "New Card Is Being Produced"

06/26/17: EAD: "On 6/23 Card Has Been Mailed "

06/27/17: EAD Received

08/14/17: Received hard copy of Interview Scheduled Notice (no online updates)

08/15/17: Received Interview Scheduled Notice via TXT & Email

09/13/17: Interview @ Los Angeles Downtown Office; AOS approved & card ordered

09/15/17: AOS "On 9/15 Card Has Been Mailed"

ย 

AOS ROC Journey

ย 

(8/16/19)ย Package sent to Phoenix via FedEx

(8/19/19)ย Fedex signed forย by USCISย 8/19

(8/23/19) Case Recieved text message;ย NOA1ย Notice Date 8/19/19

2 hours ago, arc1993 said:

How long did it take to get an approval? Mine has been 2 weeks

oh wow talk to them again. I was told to call back if I don't get an email asking for proof within 5 days. It took them three to approve.ย 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Babigau said:

USCIS processing information has been updated.

ย 

As of May 31, last updated July 12.

ย 

Example processing as of dates

NBC I-765 March 18;

LA/LA County ~ November 10

I thought processing time in LA wasย much faster !

My friend filed on end of Faburary and she had an interveiw in LA less than 2 months after she filed . I guess she is just lucky .

5 hours ago, kara&mati said:

We had to set an appointment, but they got us in the next day. We printed out the form from the USCIS website and took it with us. I think you will also need a passport photo. Also if you have health insurance it will cover any testing that you may need. They only charge for the office visit. Our price of $300 was because my husband did not have health insurance at the time.ย 

The doctor is:

Faiz Mansour

10 west long lake road

bloomfield hills, MI 48302

phone number is 248-452-9500

ย 

Thaaanks Alot.. Good luck to your husband.. Hopefully everything will go smoothly ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.