spookyturtle

What I like about President Trump

51 posts in this topic

How about a thread discussing what ideas of his we like or agree with? Being the neutral, middle of the road conservative liberal that I am, I'll get the ball rolling by going first. 

I agree with with the proposal that prohibits becoming a lobbyist until you have been out of office for at least 5 years. 

I agree with the proposal for Congressional term limits. Serving is an honor, not a career.

I agree with stepping up enforcement of border security.

I agree with with more rigorous vetting in the immigration process. But I do wish it would be done in a more timely manner than it currently is. 

I agree with swiftly deporting illegals who are criminals.

I agree with the US standing tall in the world and not being a pushover. It's OK to stand firm. And I don't mean telling all of our allies to piss off and threatening anyone who doesn't agree with us. I've found in life that being firm but polite and respectful gets me what I want or close to it in many cases.

Your turn. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

I agree with coming up with a plan to defeat ISIS.

I agree with coming up with a plan to get jobs back to this country

I agree with coming up with a plan to get corporations back to America.

I agree with his coming up with a plan to generate more jobs.

I agree with his releasing his tax returns.

I want to see both the plans and the tax returns. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, spookyturtle said:

How about a thread discussing what ideas of his we like or agree with? Being the neutral, middle of the road conservative liberal that I am, I'll get the ball rolling by going first. 

I agree with with the proposal that prohibits becoming a lobbyist until you have been out of office for at least 5 years. 

I agree with the proposal for Congressional term limits. Serving is an honor, not a career.

I agree with stepping up enforcement of border security.

I agree with with more rigorous vetting in the immigration process. But I do wish it would be done in a more timely manner than it currently is. 

I agree with swiftly deporting illegals who are criminals.

I agree with the US standing tall in the world and not being a pushover. It's OK to stand firm. And I don't mean telling all of our allies to piss off and threatening anyone who doesn't agree with us. I've found in life that being firm but polite and respectful gets me what I want or close to it in many cases.

Your turn. 

I agree with all of these.  

I agree with his support of law and order.

I hope he can help the inner cities. It really effects all of us.

I agree with his tax cut ideas

I agree with his stance on trade deals

I agree with his tax code plan

I want the ACA replaced with something better. Premiums to high along with the deductibles

I agree with his calling out the media

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with his plan to curtail NATO

I agree with the plan to put wH leakers in jail 

I agree with his plan to close the parts of the internet where ISIS has taken over

I agree with his plan to end birthright citizenship

I agree with the plan for a 45 % tariff on China 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

13 minutes ago, OriZ said:

I genuinely thought I was going to click on this thread and see this:

That's the interesting part about Trump. While he may be waving his arms around and treating the presidency like a monkey, he does have SOME good ideas. The key is to have the good ideas applied correctly (and reasonably) and not have the bad ideas swamp away any attempt at good ideas.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Anyways, here's what I agree and disagree with:

I agree with:

Congressional term limits

5 years before lobbying

Having a more serious obstacle at the border

Deporting illegals that have committed crimes while in the US although I do want to see wider immigration reform that gives a path for the rest of them to become legal, and also makes legal immigration an easier process.

Defeating Isis, although I don't want to see more boots on the ground anywhere really, enough American soldiers have been killed in the last decade and a half

Helping the inner cities

Investing in infrastructure and cutting taxes, although at the same time I'd like to not see a further increase in the deficit, so there would be a need to spend very wisely elsewhere.

Replacing the ACA while keeping the parts he mentioned he wants to keep, but this is entirely dependent on what they actually come up with as a replacement so it remains to be seen if it's something I can agree with or not.

I agree with his stance that interest rates need to be further raised, although I find it difficult to completely agree since he seemed to flip flop on it several times so I'm not really sure what his opinion really is. 

I disagree with:

The travel ban EO

Him buddying up with Putin

His plans for protectionism

His childish attitude

His support of the death penalty for people like Snowden

His harsh stance against marijuana

I disagree he will be able to, at any point, grow the economy by 4%

Cutting corporate taxes unless they are sole proprietorships(which are taxed individually)

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

The guy himself? Nothing. The kind of dude you'd avoid at all costs at a cocktail party. Just rambles. Not a deal maker!!!!

He is very engaging and entertaining ..the type that just reaches out and grabs you

Edited by ccneat

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, OriZ said:

Anyways, here's what I agree and disagree with:

I agree with:

Congressional term limits

5 years before lobbying

Having a more serious obstacle at the border

Deporting illegals that have committed crimes while in the US although I do want to see wider immigration reform that gives a path for the rest of them to become legal, and also makes legal immigration an easier process.

Defeating Isis, although I don't want to see more boots on the ground anywhere really, enough American soldiers have been killed in the last decade and a half

Helping the inner cities

Investing in infrastructure and cutting taxes, although at the same time I'd like to not see a further increase in the deficit, so there would be a need to spend very wisely elsewhere.

Replacing the ACA while keeping the parts he mentioned he wants to keep, but this is entirely dependent on what they actually come up with as a replacement so it remains to be seen if it's something I can agree with or not.

I agree with his stance that interest rates need to be further raised, although I find it difficult to completely agree since he seemed to flip flop on it several times so I'm not really sure what his opinion really is. 

I disagree with:

His harsh stance against marijuana

How do you think the country would change if the President agreed to smoke a bowl say once a week?

9 minutes ago, OriZ said:

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I don't think it would change at all. And I don't need him to smoke, but I'd like to see him promoting medical and/or decriminalization on the federal level at the very least, not even talking about legalization at this point, but even people with medical permits in their own state like my wife for instance can't carry it with them on a plane(or take it across state lines in any other way), can't deduct the expense for any purpose as the federal government doesn't consider it something you should even do, or anything really that federal law prohibits and leaves people in a position where if they are going anywhere or leaving their state for a few days, weeks, whatever they are screwed. Not to mention the raids we have seen in the past. It all has to stop and Trump has shown he has absolutely no intention of doing anything to change it. I have a problem with that.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, OriZ said:

I don't think it would change at all. And I don't need him to smoke, but I'd like to see him promoting medical and/or decriminalization on the federal level at the very least, not even talking about legalization at this point, but even people with medical permits in their own state like my wife for instance can't carry it with them on a plane(or take it across state lines in any other way), can't deduct the expense for any purpose as the federal government doesn't consider it something you should even do, or anything really that federal law prohibits and leaves people in a position where if they are going anywhere or leaving their state for a few days, weeks, whatever they are screwed. Not to mention the raids we have seen in the past. It all has to stop and Trump has shown he has absolutely no intention of doing anything to change it. I have a problem with that.

you want a tax deduction for weed?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg