Makarchuk

Speeding Up I-130 For Unmarried Step-Son

36 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

There is no reason to expedite your case.  Wanting to avoid military service is not a valid reason to expedite.  Sorry.

What about money loss from university? I also do believe that if I get a visa with my IR-1, I have to travel to USA to finish my case and wait for them to mail a green-card to me. But I won't be able to do that, if this happens after I am 18 since I will need to finish off my "duty", while my visa is going to expire. And it will be a huge money loss (fees, lawyer etc.) since the whole process will be wasted, because I won't be allowed to leave the country. In my opinion, this is a huge damn reason to expedite the process. 

Edited by Sliusarek

Money loss from the university? Is someone forcing you to enroll?

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Here's a way not to loss money to your Ukrainian university, attend.

How would an expedite prevent a loss when you are in the Ukraine and attending a Ukrainian university?

For the final time, you do not have a valid reason for an expedite.

As the IR child of a USC, you already have the fasted processing.  

Edited by aaron2020

There is nothing about that in your previous message. And the money lost on the immigration process is not a reason to expedite either.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Just now, aaron2020 said:

Here's a way not to loss money to your Ukrainian university, attend.

How would an expedite prevent a loss when you are in the Ukraine and attending a Ukrainian university?

What's the point in attending, if I have to abandon it a month or three later? 

It would make things clear, because if I end up studying and then all of a sudden, my visa is completed - I will need to, obviously leave my university. I mean, immigration is not just to get a green-card, but to move to US. 

Then you just... leave the UNI. That's it. USCIS won't give you money back or won't expedite based on that.

Look, apply for the expedite if you want. But you probably won't get approved.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually you are going to have more issues. To get your visa they are going to want a release from the military that they are going to let you go. No release no visa. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just wondering what was so important that you "had" to go back to Ukraine at your age?  You were completely out of this situation when you were in the USA and your going back to Ukraine put you in this potential predicament. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Sliusarek said:

What's the point in attending, if I have to abandon it a month or three later? 

It would make things clear, because if I end up studying and then all of a sudden, my visa is completed - I will need to, obviously leave my university. I mean, immigration is not just to get a green-card, but to move to US. 

If you want to avoid the military your only option is school. Isn't it better to enroll in school and have that already in place of your visa is not ready? My take on your post is you want to avoid the military. Enroll in school so you have at least a guarantee of avoiding duty.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The standards for exemptions from military service in Ukraine can be changed at any time.  Attending a university does not guarantee an exemption as hostilities in eastern Ukraine flare-up.  I am in Ukraine now and we were discussing this last night as it effects family and friends. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Here is the deal.  The US Embassy must follow and respect local laws, especially when it concerns the citizens of the host country.

What host country would allow the US to have an embassy that helps the host's citizens to avoid local laws?  NONE.  The US Embassy will not help you avoid your legal obligations, especially military service.

Expediting your case so you don't lose money paid to the university so you can avoid military service is NEVER going to happen.  The sooner you accept this, the better off you are.

Why should the US Embassy expedite your case so you don't lose money to the university when you can avoid the financial loss by simply not attending?  Why should the US Embassy help you when you refuse to help yourself from the financial loss?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.