5,920 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
6 hours ago, GInAustin said:

202 days now.  No NOA2, no RFE, noda. Just nothing but being ignored by USCIS while they process another 70% of April filers.  What a crock of s$)+. 

I know right....I'm close to 190 days...and nothing for me either...just bullcaca security checks...excuses excuses...will this ever end for us....?

7 hours ago, GInAustin said:

Contacted them about 10 times and have also got state congress office to write them.  Still nothing. 

That really messed up. I am sorry to hear that. Have you tried to get things sorted out through an immigration lawyer? Or do you think it will get you the same results? 

Hello everybody

Is anybody from February 2017 filers (beneficiaries) residing here in UAE and going to/ have finished their interview in Abu Dhabi embassy?

Did you receive the eligibility letter/packet 3/appointment letter?

We filed our 129F on Feb. 3,got our NoA1 on Feb.13, RFE-May 26,NOA2-June 28, CEAC status "ready" July 14, NVC letter -July 17.

Up until now, no go signal from the embassy to schedule the interview. 

Our NOA2 is going to expire on October 😨.

We're feeling so depressed now 😨 

Any information is very much appreciated 

Thank you!  

P.S. 

may we not go crazy in this visa journey 😱

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

That really messed up. I am sorry to hear that. Have you tried to get things sorted out through an immigration lawyer? Or do you think it will get you the same results? 

I am very curious how they pick and chose who gets procsssed in a timely manner and leave about 20% hanging?   I personally filed without an attorney because I read somewhere it wouldn't make a difference. I went over the application 100 times making sure not a single line or box went without having a mark and a checklist of absolutely every shred of evidence and documentation was included with my packet. I really wish I had gone through an attorney because I strongly believe USCIC process those first because the lawyer is in the line too if someone were to try and file fraudulently.  My advice, hire an reputable immigration attorney if you don't want to be put at the end of the line. IMHO

20 minutes ago, GInAustin said:

I am very curious how they pick and chose who gets procsssed in a timely manner and leave about 20% hanging?   I personally filed without an attorney because I read somewhere it wouldn't make a difference. I went over the application 100 times making sure not a single line or box went without having a mark and a checklist of absolutely every shred of evidence and documentation was included with my packet. I really wish I had gone through an attorney because I strongly believe USCIC process those first because the lawyer is in the line too if someone were to try and file fraudulently.  My advice, hire an reputable immigration attorney if you don't want to be put at the end of the line. IMHO

I am getting it done through a lawyer and to be honest I did get an RFE back in May and sent that in right away. Uscis didn't update to receiving a reply for RFE until July 17.. almost a month and half later. I called the USIC customer service line a week ago and they said I would receive something by September 14th.. let's see. If it goes over that time limit then I've heard of lawyers coming in handy to expedite the process and get a decision. Maybe it's not too late to get advice from a lawyer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I don't believe a lawyer would help unless you have  logistical problems like no work space, no office equipment, or not enough time to do the work yourself.  I'm also waiting for NOA2 and the endless waiting  hurts. I practiced law for 2 decades, albeit not Immigration.  I have done everything including Letter Brief's to 1 Senator and my Congressman and an area organization that can endorse  my request to the Senator & Congressman.  I also had an RFE so I have an idea of what the delay is about (IMBRA). 

The only 'lawyer work' I did was  the Letter Briefs I sent out.  Everything else  was ordinary publishing/office work.  If you have a  scanner, copier, printer and basic publishing software (word processor/PDF App) it's all you need.  Most lawyers will tell you to go fetch all the documents yourself, so you end up doing all the work anyway.  It's faster to do it myself.

If you had to write an Administrative Appeal, then a lawyer's better understanding of  procedural due process rights would be required. I learned a lot from reading the decisions posted on the USCIS website. I found that  most appeals were Sustained or at least the 20-30 decisions I read were.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 hours ago, GyaBran said:

Hello! I noticed you are a few steps ahead of me and My fiancée is Fromm mexico as well!!! I'd like to ask you a few questions. I received my NOA2 8/18 and I am waiting for NVC. How long did you wait to contact them for the Case Number? What does the medical consists of. My fiancée doesn't have any records of his vaccinations and do they do blood tests/urine tests? And how did the interview go? I am soooo excited we got the NOA2. But I'm nervous about the rest. Please anything. Absolutely anything will help me!!! 

I sent you a response to your PM. I'd be happy to help you through this since most stuff posted for Mexico is outdated. 

11 hours ago, AA&OMAR said:

How exciting!!  You'll be approved!!!! Wish you best of luck, please share what type of questions they ask you.  🙏🏽 I'll be praying for you, totally deserve to be approved 

I am here now waiting down the road sitting on the sidewalk waiting for my fiance to do his interview. Everything on the web I read stated that the Consulate has a waiting room....and it doesn't. We have to wait 2+ hours next to a highway. :(

I am incredibly nervous for him (and myself). 

I'll update in a bit. I'm gonna go shake a bit more. 

Edited by tab0712

Timeline
14 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

I sent you a response to your PM. I'd be happy to help you through this since most stuff posted for Mexico is outdated. 

I am here now waiting down the road sitting on the sidewalk waiting for my fiance to do his interview. Everything on the web I read stated that the Consulate has a waiting room....and it doesn't. We have to wait 2+ hours next to a highway. :(

Yes, please !! I'm so nervous for you. I tought they would let you in. 

Please do!!

I'm going to be really happy for you when you get approved!! 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, AA&OMAR said:

Yes, please !! I'm so nervous for you. I tought they would let you in. 

Please do!!

I'm going to be really happy for you when you get approved!! 

Super disappointed and will follow up with the Consulate. What if it was raining? Where would I go for 2+ hours? We had to check out of the hotel as we leave today :(

Thank you for thinking of us. It's needed. This part is for sure the absolute worse. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tab0712 said:

I feel horrible that you have to wait outside for more than 2 hours! But you will get approved!!! That's for sure! Keep positive. We are all thinking of you! Much love ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Simon&Jen said:

Hello everybody

Is anybody from February 2017 filers (beneficiaries) residing here in UAE and going to/ have finished their interview in Abu Dhabi embassy?

Did you receive the eligibility letter/packet 3/appointment letter?

We filed our 129F on Feb. 3,got our NoA1 on Feb.13, RFE-May 26,NOA2-June 28, CEAC status "ready" July 14, NVC letter -July 17.

Up until now, no go signal from the embassy to schedule the interview. 

Our NOA2 is going to expire on October 😨.

We're feeling so depressed now 😨 

Any information is very much appreciated 

Thank you!  

P.S. 

may we not go crazy in this visa journey 😱

Hi there...

I am not sure you have found an answer to your question. Here is what I have found...

If you search for "UAE packet 3" a lot of information pops up.

I can give you the short version....Packet 3 is sent to the petitioner via email  (as it is in Algeria - where my fiance lives). My email came the same day it arrived in Algeria. Also, check your spam folder.  Apparently some have had their packet/correspondence go to spam.

AND....

I am also concerned I will not get an appointment date before the NOA2 expires. I asked the main forum about it and was told that the NOA2 date will extend to the interview date....

Hope this helps...

Edited by janet3
To add the "and"

Timeline
10 minutes ago, tab0712 said:

We were approved today :) Here is my review of the K1 trip to Ciudad Juarez, México - Monday through today. There are a few lurkers here that are going through this consulate. 

Taxi from Juarez airport to Consulate are was $260pesos. The window to hire a taxi was to the immediate left when exiting arrivals. 

We stayed at the Extended Suites, which across the main road from all the appointments. And the entrance to the newish large mall is right next door to the hotel. Hotel is new as of May, has a full fridge, microwave and burners. Nice size clean pool too. Super glad I chose this place over the others.

Medical on day 1 at SMF...I had to wait outside in the sun (all spots with shade were taken and I got a burn on my upper back). He moved thought the steps in the lobby area with ease. It took for him from start to finish 3 hours (a couple hundred people were had their medical the same day) and the total cost was (at the days exchanged rate) $415usd ($7350 mxn)   for exam and three injections (flu shot was not needed until October). He said everyone was super nice and helpful. Started with chest x-ray, then blood test, then pee, he ended with physical exam then the vaccinations. Half in his group of 6 had to do a psychological...he was not one them, so off to payment he went. 

Day two was the ASC (biometrics). Appointment time was 2:40pm, and they say not to arrive more than 15 minutes prior, but definitely be on time. The time they are serving will be indicated on the outside window. The office is in a plaza to the left of the Consulate. It's in the back corner and is called C.A.S - Centro de Atención a Solicitantes). You can't miss it, as like everywhere else, there are lots of people standing around. He was inside for 15 minutes and said it was easy (fingerprints and photos only). 
DO NOT TAKE PHOTOS - I had no idea that you aren't allowed to take any pictures from outside the Consulate. There are zero signs stating this. I did for documenting the trip, and a report was filed by security. I'm actually really pissed off as the security guard was really rude and deleted all the pics I had taken since we arrived. I can take pics at the white house and us capital but not a crappy Consulate that's paid for by my tax dollars??? Tony got really angry with me and said I have now added more worry about his interview since they took down his name, what time his interview is and what type of visa he is getting. 

Day 3 - Interview Day. His appointment time was at 9:20am, and when we got there at 9, they allowed him in. Don't arrive anytime before 15-20 minutes prior to the appointment time or you'll just be standing around on a crappy corner with about 100 other people (most of which are the scammers they warn about). I read in many places that there is a waiting room for family, and that's where the applicant starts the process. Not true!! You either wait around with all the people outside the Extra store, or like me, I walked down pass the Consulate to the plaza where the biometrics appointment was. It's fenced off and I sat on the curb. I was literally one of 3 people at this area. I felt calmer and safer here then the other location. But still find it horrible there isn't a place inside. What if it was storming? We already had checked out of the hotel, so I guess the mall across the street is an option...or the Denny's.
He was in the Consulate for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS. He said the interview for him lasted at most 20 minutes. Just tons of people and 4 open windows. So crazy...they took my Affidavit of Support, which shows I have $0 income and super small savings. He asked if they wanted my father's (co-sponsor) but they said no. They didn't want my Proof of Domicile that I busted my ### to put together, and they didn't want our updated proof of relationship with new photos since January, updated Intent to Marry Letters, wedding details we have in place. The Interviewing officer only asked how/where we met and where I worked. He didn't ask about wedding plans, when we were going to the US, didn't ask anything else pertaining to us and our relationship. So so so incredibly strange and against the normal process, so please go prepared, but know anything can happen once inside. 

I hope this helps those going through the process in Mexico. So much online is outdated for MX and with the help of a few people from Fb pages and the Visa Journey website, I was able to piece things together. 

2 minutes ago, AA&OMAR said:

I'm so happy for you , thank you for the useful information,. And Congrats, everything was worth it!!! 

Edited by AA&OMAR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.