AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally, I have my IR1 visa in hand. It's been a long process and I am glad it is now over. Next is POE.

I wish you all with cases still pending all the best in your journey. 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Binna said:

Finally, I have my IR1 visa in hand. It's been a long process and I am glad it is now over. Next is POE.

I wish you all with cases still pending all the best in your journey. 

Congratulations! Would you say 1 year is an average time for getting this done or a little on the longer side? 

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MyJourney said:

Congratulations! Would you say 1 year is an average time for getting this done or a little on the longer side? 

I would say 1 year and roughly 3 months - My case was received by USCIS on Jan 24, 2017 (NOA1) and Jan 4, 2018 I have visa in hand - which is exactly 1 year. But then, I did get expedited processing which saved me some approximately 3 months if I went through NVC and my case got sent straight to the embassy for further processing. See my signature timeline below.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Happy New Years and much love from California everyone!

My beloved husband and myself arrived in San Francisco last night, after a wonderful European family vacation. I am excited t announce that I am now a legal alien and a permanent resident of the USA, finally living the married life my husband and myself were waiting for :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Happy New Years and much love from California everyone!

My beloved husband and myself arrived in San Francisco last night, after a wonderful European family vacation. I am excited t announce that I am now a legal alien and a permanent resident of the USA, finally living the married life my husband and myself were waiting for :-)

Whoo hoo! Enjoy Cali! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, had my interview today went well. More of a conversation than an actual interview.  I was told I was approved however, they dis not receive my medical as yet from the hospital so once they receive it then my visa will be issued. 

I contacted the hospital and they were very apologetic that they made the error and dis not submit my results on time. I said you guys did not submit at all. The hospital assured me that on monday they will forward my results. So hopefully by Friday next week I will have visa in hand.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Looks like the JAN17 filers has gone a bit quiet  ;-)

What's the update on everyone's status?

It has been 18 days since my entry here and everything is going smoothly... SSN arrived in the mail after 10 days, still waiting on the physical GC and Im studying for my Driver's license knowledge test (thanks California).

Life, on a daily basis, has become a lot quieter after a crazy year of working, preparing for the move and bidding Adieu to friends and family. After 20+ years of non-stop work, I never realized I would feel so tired now that I'm finally able to relax. No one should underestimate the potential burnout and emotional shock that immigrating represents.

Settling down needs time. 

This weekend, we witnessed an incredible human wave going down Market street, the woman march one year after the president's first 365 days in office. This was truly empowering.

Being part of this spirit, this energy, becoming a resident of this immense country is an electrifying change! But most of all, remember the reason why you're here or will be here : love and being able to share your daily life with your better half, and this is priceless :-) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hi Everyone,

It has been 18 days since my entry here and everything is going smoothly... SSN arrived in the mail after 10 days, still waiting on the physical GC and Im studying for my Driver's license knowledge test (thanks California).

Life, on a daily basis, has become a lot quieter after a crazy year of working, preparing for the move and bidding Adieu to friends and family. After 20+ years of non-stop work, I never realized I would feel so tired now that I'm finally able to relax. No one should underestimate the potential burnout and emotional shock that immigrating represents.

This weekend, we witnessed an incredible human wave going down Market street, the woman march one year after the president's first 365 days in office. This was truly empowering.

Being part of this spirit, this energy, becoming a resident of this immense country is an electrifying change! But most of all, remember the reason why you're here or will be here : love and being able to share your daily life with your better half, and this is priceless :-) 

@Pat&Vince Stoked to hear that the move has gone well and I understand completely when you talk about the emotional and even physical toll that immigration can take especially when so much waiting is involved. Lovely to hear that the move has gone well so far and that you're loving your experience.

We're about a month out from having the petition approved and are just now collating documents for the NVC after the Christmas period. Much love to you and yours and hope your life is full of nothing but awesomeness amigos. 

Edited by manseca

Timeline

Hi guys a bit of update. I was called on the 17th to come directly yo the embassy to collect my passport with visa and packet on the 18th. That very night I paid for the green card and then booked a flight to leave on the 19th. My POE was on Friday January 19th at MIA. Very smooth process. From deplaning to existing customs took 20 minutes total. CBP officer told me that as of that date I am now a permanent resident of the United States of America. 

Wishing all waiting to hear those words well wishes. Thanks to all you guided me especially @Mrsclarke1029 you are a guiding angel. Much love and respect.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 3:30 PM, Binna said:

So finally, status just changed to Issued!!! :)

I think now I can confidently say my visa is approved!

Congrats   :jest:

• USCIS
  • 05/23/16      Married:                    
  • Chicago      Lock-box:                   
  • 09/16/16      Sent on ---               
  • 09/19/16      Received ---   
  • 09/20/16      NOA1 notice           
  • 09/26/16      NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :      Nebraska Service Center
  • Transferred to: Potomac Service Center  02/15/17
  • 07/20/17       NOA2  
  • 07/24/17       NOA2  hardcopy 
  • NVC
  • 07/27/17       Case sent to NVC
  • 07/31/17       Case received at NVC
  • 08/03/17       Received welcome e-mail with case and invoice number
  • 08/04/17       AOS invoiced 
  • 08/04/17       Completed DS-261
  • 08/04/17       AOS paid
  • 08/11/17       Name updated to married name
  • 08/11/17       iV Invoiced
  • 08/28/17       IV fes paid
  • 09/02/17      Completed DS-260 & Received confirmation from NVC
  • 09/18/17      Sent AOS and IV package
  • 09/22/17       NVC received package 
  • 11/07/17       Case Complete
  • 11/08/17       Checklist
  • 11/15/17       Case in queue for interview date
  • 11/29/17       Call and date was given for interview
  • 12/04/17       Received confirmation for medical appointment
  • KNG CONSULATE 
  • 12/11/17       Documents en-route to Kingston consulate
  • 12/12/17       Case status shows ready for interview
  • 01/02/18       Medical
  • 01/16/18       Interview APPROVED :jest: :D
  • 01/19/18      Visa package ready to be picked up at DHL   :rolleyes:
  • 02/02/18      P.O.E Fort Lauderdale
  • 02/02/18      Jacksonville Airport
  •  
  • 3 KIDS IMMIGRATION BEGINS
  • 05/0/18      Sent on ---               
  • 05/07/18    Received ---   
  • 05/11/18    NOA1 notice           
  • 05/18/18    NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :       POTOMAC
  • 10/30/18     RFE for my 6 yr old (request evidence for his 2 marriage certificates 😡, at what age he been married twice, my husband submitted his with application which is where uscis got mixed up)
  •  11/08/18    Evidence sent
  • 11/27/18     Status changed back to "Case was received"
  • 12/17/18     Requested expedite via phone (tier 1 said we can do this based on USCIS mistake an my sons illness)
  • 01/09/19    Approval
  • 01/14/19.   USCIS tier 1 told us the kids were approved an notice was mailed
  • 01/16/19.   Hard copy NOA2
  • 01/22/19.   Updated on website "sent to NVC"
  • 01/29/19.   NVC received kids case from USCIS
  • 03/12/19.   Received welcome letter with case and invoice number
  • 03/17/19.   Paid AOS
  • 03/18/19.   Paid IV Fees
  • 03/25/19.   Son (6) approved for expedite for medical reasons but not my other kids.
  • 03/26/19.    NVC said we should email NVC expedite an tell them we need all three done at the same time as it's a financial burden to make two trips to Jamaica for interview. Which we did now the wait begins. Son case already sent to Jamaica embassy 
  • 04/01/19.   Daughters approved for expedite and sent to Jamaica (embassy) 👌
  • 04/05/19.   Received interview date for May 10, 8am. Registered their interview and emailed Andrews Hospital to schedule their appointments.
  • 04/26/19.    Medical appointment date 8am.
  • 05/10/19.    Interview 8am approved.  🎉🎊..
  • 05/11/19.    Status changed to AP
  • 05/13/19.    Status changed to ISSUED
  • 05/15/19.    2 youngest kids passport picked up by their dad
  • 05/16/19.     Eldest child passport picked up by her dad
  • 07/19/19.     P.O.E Atlanta 

• ROC
  • Texas.        Lock-Box
  • 11/23/19.    Sent I-751 / biometric fee
  • 11/26/19.    Received 
  • Sent to       Texas Service Center (SRC) 
  • 12/03/19.    Received text
  • 12/07/19.    Received 18 months extension letter
  • 12/12/19.    Case updated to case transferred to another service center now I’m awaiting letter
  • 12//19.     Received notice of transfer
  • Transferred to  National Benefits Center 
  • 01/31/20.     Biometrics Jacksonville  (had to reschedule)
  • 02/19/20.      New biometrics date in Jacksonville 
  • 04/08/20       Status changed to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
  • 03/22/21.     Status updated with interview date 4/20/21
  • 04/20/21.     I-751 interview at 7:45am Charleston SC Approved for 10yr GC.
  •  
  • N-400 Citizenship 
  • 03/12/21.     Applied online for citizenship wait period 6 months (September 2021) National Benefits Center 
  • 03/21/21.    Received letter of acceptance 
  • 10/28/21.     Case updated to interview scheduled
  • 10/29/21.      Status updated to case needs attention 
  • 10/29/21.      Interview at 1:15pn 12/01/21 Charleston SC
  • 11/01/21      interview descheduled
  • 11/02/21       interview rescheduled to 12/03/21 @8:45am Charleston
  • 12/03/21      I drove 3 hours for my interview only to be told my file wasn't there and I'd have to be rescheduled for another interview. they weren't sure if it would be possible before the holiday. He even said he wasn't sure why they didn't do both interviews that very day when i did removal of conditions interview.  
  • 01/07/22.     Interview rescheduled for 02/14/22 @1:30pm Charleston SC.
  • 02/14/22.      Passed my interview. Now await oath ceremony.
  • 11/02/22.      Letter mailed with oath ceremony date and time 
  • 11/08/22.      Received letter oath ceremony scheduled for 11/15/22 @9am Charleston 
  • 11/15/22.      Oath Ceremony in Charleston (finally a citizen of the USA 🇺🇸) 🥳🍾

8 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hi Everyone,

This is very inspiring thanks for sharing... I'm still in Asia and my husband is busy moving to a new apt so everything can be set when i come in 28 days, but we are both very exhausted coz i'm rounding up stuff here working til next week, stressed out about moving to a new country without a job (my company screwed me over by retrieving their offer in US region), we have a wedding to plan (we havent had our actual wedding party yet) so we argue quite a bit, it's hard for both of us coz he's upset that he's still waiting for me even after i got my visa.... But you're so right we did all this so we can be together and nothing else matters... We should appreciate everything we did for each other... it's easy to be distracted by other stuff and forget the reason behind it.

Have a very good life and good luck with the driving test!! (I'll have to do the same I'll be based in LA)

13 hours ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hi Everyone,

Hello luvs! 

I'm leaving for the states this Saturday, this is my last week of training a new employee....i'm exhausted  and all of that ugh stuff. I can't wait to finally wake up in the morning and not have to think about moving. I'm glad to hear that you're settling in nicely! xxx

Timeline
9 hours ago, Yeonin said:

Hello luvs! 

I'm leaving for the states this Saturday, this is my last week of training a new employee....i'm exhausted  and all of that ugh stuff. I can't wait to finally wake up in the morning and not have to think about moving. I'm glad to hear that you're settling in nicely! xxx

Hi there gurl !

It's good to read from you, I was wondering why the thread had become so quiet  ;-)

Your last week at work and you're leaving immediately after finishing? WOW, that's intense!  I'm sure you must be running on adrenaline after having used your last bit of humanely possible energy that you had left!

First few days in the US are going to be very special, a bit disorienting and walking on a cloud of sheer happiness mixed with absolute exhaustion. I used to be a light sleeper (6 - 6,5 hours a night) but I'm now clocking 9+ and still waking up like a zombie... awake enough to give my handsome husband his morning kiss before he heads to work.

Hang in there, soon you will be sitting on that plane for that one-way trip you girls have been waiting for to be, finally, reunited.

Keep us posted  ;-)

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello January filers i am currently a July filers but had a question that maybe one of you can answer i'm hoping maybe someone in this group has had the thing happen. yesterday i got an update on my husband's i-130 and it says that is was sent to my local office? which means it was not approved yet but that they transferred it maybe due to being so busy ? but anyways has this happen to anyone ? if so how long til you finally heard something i am told i may need an interview which i just do not get why. my husband is in the states. thank you !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.