Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,960 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, Scandi said:

No they won't send you anything when they receive your medical. You can check when they touch your application on the ceac website, it will show which date they last looked at it. Likely they won't touch it until they receive the medical results, so when you see the date update next time, it's likely they received it. Soon thereafter the status itself should change to issued.

Hmm, the CEAC where i uploaded my documents?

I just logged on to see, but can't find anywhere about the status of my case?

Timeline
7 hours ago, eborge said:

The embassy got my medical after my interview. The way I found out was to regularly log on to the http://ceac.state.gov page and see when it changed from "administrative processing" to "issued" :)  

Wait i went on to where i scanned my documents, but then used your link instead!

And it updated yesterday to ISSUED!!!!!

So awesome ! Thanks for your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hmm, the CEAC where i uploaded my documents?

I just logged on to see, but can't find anywhere about the status of my case?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

It says "check my visa application status".

1 minute ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Wait i went on to where i scanned my documents, but then used your link instead!

Congrats!

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Thats great news! I think they posted mine the day after it was issued, but the reason I know is because I had to contact them when I hadnt heard anything for more than ten working days. I dont know how things are in Denmark, but from Sweden to Norway the Post delivery changes on the way (or something like that) so Post nord has the distribution in Sweden, and Posten in Norway. So the result was noone told me when the package was ready at the post office in Oslo. Pretty annoying, so pay attention if you dont hear anything after two weeks from now. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, eborge said:

Thats great news! I think they posted mine the day after it was issued, but the reason I know is because I had to contact them when I hadnt heard anything for more than ten working days. I dont know how things are in Denmark, but from Sweden to Norway the Post delivery changes on the way (or something like that) so Post nord has the distribution in Sweden, and Posten in Norway. So the result was noone told me when the package was ready at the post office in Oslo. Pretty annoying, so pay attention if you dont hear anything after two weeks from now. 

That sounds horrible not knowing where the passport is.

Hopefully it will go smoother for me since Postnord is owned by Denmark and Sweden.

Crossing my fingers.

BTW, did you put down your own address at the yellow envelope at the interview, or the post office address?

I put down my own, and is hoping it will get delivered there. Because how will you know that it is at the post office ?

Edited by AlexDRavn92

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

That sounds horrible not knowing where the passport is.

Hopefully it will go smoother for me since Postnord is owned by Denmark and Sweden.

Crossing my fingers.

BTW, did you put down your own address at the yellow envelope at the interview, or the post office address?

I put down my own, and is hoping it will get delivered there. Because how will you know that it is at the post office ?

Yes, my own adress! They made me write it on the envelope at the interview. But because it is sent as a registered(??) letter I had to sign for it at the closest post office. Normally Posten will send a sms or email, so I have no idea what went wrong. But I have a feeling it might be something about the two different post companies not really cooperating? hehe. I was pretty scared when I finally got the tracking id from the embassy and read at postnord nothing had happened since 16th of september. I thought the package was lost! But then I contacted them, and they told me it was already at the postoffice of Posten and that it had been laying there for a week. Specially since I did what everybody said not to do, buy flight tickets before I had the passport in my hands😬

Timeline
6 minutes ago, eborge said:

Yes, my own adress! They made me write it on the envelope at the interview. But because it is sent as a registered(??) letter I had to sign for it at the closest post office. Normally Posten will send a sms or email, so I have no idea what went wrong. But I have a feeling it might be something about the two different post companies not really cooperating? hehe. I was pretty scared when I finally got the tracking id from the embassy and read at postnord nothing had happened since 16th of september. I thought the package was lost! But then I contacted them, and they told me it was already at the postoffice of Posten and that it had been laying there for a week. Specially since I did what everybody said not to do, buy flight tickets before I had the passport in my hands😬

Did you manage to get the passport before your flight ?

How did you get the tracking number from the Embassy? (In case mine doesn't turn up either within the 10 days)

Timeline

Hello.

Does anybody have any experience buying airplane tickets?

Right now, it is way cheaper (half price) to buy a round trip, instead one-way ticket.

Does anybody know if this is allowed when entering the states for the first time with the VISA?

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello.

Right now, it is way cheaper (half price) to buy a round trip, instead one-way ticket.

Does anybody know if this is allowed when entering the states for the first time with the VISA?

Yes you can, there are lots of people who enter with CR1/IR1 just to activate their green card and then go back to their country since travel is allowed instantly, I know that’s probably not what you’re doing but just an example of how it’s allowed. So you can absolutely book a round trip just cancel or don’t go on the return flight once you enter the US

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello.

Norwegian often have great prices on one-way tickets, one of very few airlines that don't double charge for one-way. But of course you can buy roundtrip if you prefer, and then cancel the return ticket once you arrive in the US.

Timeline

Hello guys.

Finally received my VISA today! Can't believe it, after waiting so long!

So in the yellow envelope i received with my passport, there is a note saying i have to pay the USCIS immigrant fee.

When I try to, it tells me it couldn't find my info, and it's probably because my visa was just issued (1st of October).

Just wanted to hear how long other people waited until they could pay this fee?

It says it's the fee to cover the ost for the actual green card.

Timeline

I have my AoS interview scheduled for the 15th of November, and have almost everything I need in order. Feeling good about in general!

The one thing I am unsure about is concerning the Swedish birth certificate, i.e. Personbevis. I forgot to take a copy of the personbevis I last used, so I ordered a new one - should arrive before the interview, hopefully. However, some things will have changed between the personbevis that they already have and this new one that I'm bringing - it will show a different address (here in the US), and that I am now married, both of which we have informed Folkbokföringen about. But obviously nothing has changed concerning where and when I was born, which I assume really is the part of the Personbevis that constitutes the birth certificate. So even if there are some differences, it should be fine, right? Has anyone done the same thing, and if so, did it cause any problems or confusion at the interview? I did find a page on Skatteverkets webpage with an explanation for foreign governments about how Swedish "birth certificates" work, which I printed, so maybe that will be helpful if any questions arise.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tylosand said:

I have my AoS interview scheduled for the 15th of November, and have almost everything I need in order. Feeling good about in general!

The one thing I am unsure about is concerning the Swedish birth certificate, i.e. Personbevis. I forgot to take a copy of the personbevis I last used, so I ordered a new one - should arrive before the interview, hopefully. However, some things will have changed between the personbevis that they already have and this new one that I'm bringing - it will show a different address (here in the US), and that I am now married, both of which we have informed Folkbokföringen about. But obviously nothing has changed concerning where and when I was born, which I assume really is the part of the Personbevis that constitutes the birth certificate. So even if there are some differences, it should be fine, right? Has anyone done the same thing, and if so, did it cause any problems or confusion at the interview? I did find a page on Skatteverkets webpage with an explanation for foreign governments about how Swedish "birth certificates" work, which I printed, so maybe that will be helpful if any questions arise.

The differences are good, it's almost like extra proof that even in Sweden you're registered on the same address as your spouse etc. I had everything changed too, the personbevis I brought to my AOS interview showed the date I moved away from Sweden (that date matches my i-94 too), my new surname (which is the same as my husband's of course),  my husband's full name and date of birth, the date we got married and the address we both live on here in the US. So I imagine it looks extra good that all of this info is registered in my home country too. If we were faking our marriage we probably wouldn't bother doing all that.

Timeline

Thanks for the reply! You're right, I totally did not consider that the things that have changed on my Personbevis should only help our case. Now I just need to check if the moving-out date on the Personbevis matches the I-94, but I'm fairly certain it does.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tylosand said:

Thanks for the reply! You're right, I totally did not consider that the things that have changed on my Personbevis should only help our case. Now I just need to check if the moving-out date on the Personbevis matches the I-94, but I'm fairly certain it does.

It doesn't matter if the date doesn't match, it won't make a difference for your AOS in any way, some people move and only let Skatteverket know much later. Just know that the rest of the new information on your personbevis definitely won't be a bad thing, quite the opposite. 

It's so convenient that you can order personbevis with stamps and signatures online now. I have ordered so many since I moved here, haha, wanted them to be as "fresh" as possible for all my applications, interviews etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.