Usagi_tsukino

Notice of intent to deny... what?!

246 posts in this topic

Lots of text! This is the exact words of the notice. I split it by paragraphs just like in the notice and respond to each paragraph.

• Text of the notice is black
  • Comments for you are green
  • My answers are blue

Please let me know what you think! What is still not convincing enough? What still seems suspicious to you? Thank you all very very much!!!! (L)

(the words i use are not official, we have a lawyer to do that lol)

This is the wedding both of us wanted. We do not like big weddings and lots of attention.

You claim that your marital residence since Feb 2013 is ***. While most of the documents list this address with both of your names, this in itself is not sufficient to demonstrate that you are living together as husband and wife. (did you guys know that? most of the documents list this address with both of your names is not enough :wacko:) For example, in your particular case, you married in April 2014, but you did not submit any joint bank account documents for before 2015, nor was any explanation provided even though you were asked to provide such evidence from the inception for the marriage. (were not asked for any explanation though) Additionally, you submitted lease extensions for 2014 and 2015, but omitted 2013, the year you claim to have started living together.

1. As of why we got a joint account in January 2015 not the next day we got marred. Lucy's passport was expired. For foreign nationals a valid passport is needed to make modifications to the bank account. We were asked for it at Chase located at ***. Because of that, and in order to file for AOS, Lucy applied for the new passport in may 2014. She received her passport late September 2014. Why we didn't do it in the next three months? Because it wasn't an emergency, everything was working just fine for us with two checking accounts. Besides, those months are the busiest at work, we did not have time for that. In January 2015 when we had a free day and the new passport we went to the bank and put our accounts together.

2. In i-325, Ricky was asked about his residence for the past 5 years. From Feb 2013 to Aug 2013 he physically lived at ***. That was the only correct answer. We could not put any other address, because he lived at ***, even though he was not on the lease. Sometimes people do not have a lease. We added him to the lease when it was the time to renew it, because it was easier this way. See 4 attached affidavits from relatives and close friends who state when we started living together and Lucy's original lease.

Additionally, at the time of your initial interview you submitted the first page of a Chase checking account statement for January 2015 addressed to both of you. USCIS notes that it is quite easy to add someone's name as an addressee, but it does not mean, however, that the added person is a joint holder with full access and use to the funds in the account (Did you guys know this too?! How do we prove that we both have full access to the account? May be we will go to the bank and ask.) As a result, a request for evidence was sent for additional information regarding your marital finances including bank statement and credit card information since the inception of your marriage. In response you submitted all pages of your bank statement for your Chase checking accounts well as statements for online savings account with Barclay. The statements you submitted for this savings account are only as of January 2016, but the review of your chase checking checking statements indicates you have been withdrawing from and depositing into this account since at least September 2015 and without explanation. Your chase checking account statements also reveal activity with another checking and savings account, ending in **** and **** respectively that were never mentioned at the time of you follow-up interview. (so we thought the 2nd one was mom's. But it was out another savings account and we DID mention it and sent statements!!! and why they don't care about mom's account then?)

1. We did submit all statements for Barclay. But here you go again.

2. First account is Lucy's old account, that is closed, the activity was related to the times when Ricky was transferring money to Lucy, mostly for rent, during the time we had separate bank accounts but already lived together and paid rent from Lucy's account because she is the only one who had check books. As you may notice, the activity stopped in January 2015, the day Lucy's old account was closed and we both began using Ricky's account. Second account is our Chase savings account, that WAS mentioned at the interview and we have a signed paper with our answer mentioning this account as a proof.

The Chase checking statement submitted are insufficient to demonstrate commingling financial resources because you have been married since 2014 and they only go as far back as 2015. And for an account you are presenting as the account from which you manage you marital finances, there is no indication that this account is used to pay your rent (LIES), utilities, groceries, cell phone, and/or internet service.

1. We DO pay rent from this checking account. We highlighted every transaction for you and send you a million papers again. We used to send checks, but few months ago our new management company gave us an option to pay online, and we attach payment confirmation emails.

2. We use credit cards to pay utilities, groceries, cell phone, and/or internet service. After that, we use this checking account to pay off our credit cards. We like using credit cards because it gives us travel miles, hotel and other points, the benefits we would not be getting if we were using  checking account directly.  This is the only checking account we both have and it does demonstrate commingling financial resources. We are fully committed to this checking account because without it we would not be able to pay our credit cards. Also we both deposit all our money to this account and this way we keep all our finances together. We are attaching copies of all our credit cards so you could see that the last four digits match with the transactions you can find in our checking statements “payment to the card 1234)”. (what should we do here? Should we explain credit cards more? Mention that some are joint and some are not? Submit statements?)

The noted employment direct deposit are from your employer and not your spouse when at the time of your follow up interview she indicated she normally is paid by direct deposit and you are paid by cash (ok.... this is the bottom line, im dying). The chase checking statements reveal that one person uses the account several times on daily basis. The card holder ending in **** uses the account to pay Netflix and a few transactions a month, but the card holder ending in **** is clearly the main, everyday user of the account. In sum, while Barclay and Chase accounts are addressed to both of you, a close review of the monthly transactions tell a different story.

1. Ricky quit his job at Tropicana in summer 2016. Before that he was the one getting direct deposit, but not anymore. Which is why you can see direct deposits from Ricky's job until august 2016. Lucy got her job at the Chocolate factory in February 2016. She was not getting direct deposits before that, she got her first one in March 2016. Which is why at the time of the the filing, ricky was getting a direct deposit and Lucy was not, however at the time of the follow up interview, Lucy was the one getting direct deposits and Ricky was not. Basically, we switched. The new jobs were mentioned at the follow-up interview.

2. Ricky got his first credit card later than Lucy (Lucy is the brains), which is why before that he was using checking account more often. This was the only account he was using. However, all of Lucy's purchases were paid from this same checking account (except for Netflix that was paid directly from checking). You can see it on the statements (“payment to the card 1234”). Also, as you can see now, Ricky almost never uses this checking account directly either because he uses his credit card for groceries and bills, and then pays them off using the checking account.

The supporting documents submitted with your 2014 and 2015 transcripts of tax returns as requested after your initial interview since unsigned tax returns had been submitted (huh? whatever....), reveals different addresses on each of your W2 from your claimed marital residence. The beneficiary's 2014 and 2015 W2s indicate the beneficiary resided at ***. Your 2014 and 2015 W2s indicate you reside at ***. Additionally, your and the beneficiary's earnings statements each indicate your marital status as “single”.

1. We simply didn't think of changing it. Ricky started working at Tropicana at 2005, and Lucy at 2010. Since then Ricky moved twice and Lucy moved three times until we both ended up living at our current place. The addresses at W2s stayed the same as at the time of hiring during this whole time, same as the marital status. W2s were never mailed to us, but instead were given to us in person each year. 

Moreover, you both claimed to have started dating as early as 2011, and submitted photos attesting to that claim. These photos do show you on trips and various outings together; however, none of the photos show you celebrating any holidays – Christmas, Valentine's day, Halloween or thanksgiving or even birthdays together, not even one (LIES) during one of those five years. And that you would submit the same pictures to your initial interview that you had submitted at the time of the filing, instead of submitting additional/alternative photos since the time of your filing, raises questions as well.

1. Ricky works every Valentine's day, Halloween, sometimes Christmas and Thanksgiving. Lucy used to work those holidays too. Those few Thanksgivings and most of Chistmas eve's we celebrated we did not think of taking photos. Thanksgiving of 2016 we went out to a dinner, just the two of us, and this dinner was not different than any other and we do not take photos at every dinner we go to. Thanksgiving of 2015 we spent with Ricky's sister and her roommate. Did not think of taking pictures either, but the attached transcript of text messages between Lucy and Ricky's sister from that day clearly shows that Ricky's sister is coming. We also spent a few thanksgivings with Ricky's dad, and he stated this in his affidavit. We happened to take a few photos last Christmas, and they are attached.

2. Our interview was in 5 months after we submitted the application. We did not have many new photos, but we did have some. As you indicated on page 2 of the Notice, we submitted 32 photos, 17 of which were duplicated, which means we submitted 15 new ones. Please also see all the photos we were able to find since our initial interview of august 2015 attached to this letter.

3. We have submitted photos of EVERY Lucy's birthday since 2011 showing both of us celebrating with our friends. However, we are submitting them again with this letter.

4. Ricky is not a fan of his birthdays. However, here are photos of Ricky's birthday 2016 (or of what we did that day because we didn't celebrate), 2015 (Ricky, Lucy, Ricky's dad and Ricky's sister), 2014 (we were in a trip in a national park that day) and a facebook picture from Lucy's account showing photo of Ricky with his birthday cake in our apartment on his birthday of 2013.

Citizenship:

09/15/2020 - Filed online. Estimated completion given - July 2021 (10 months).

January 2021 - biometric reuse letter

April 2021 - interview scheduled

24/05/2021 - Interview (approved)

Passport:

July 23 - applied, expedited service

August 11 - received the passport

Aug. 16 (approximately) - received passport card

August 20 - received citizenship certificate back

Story of my almost 3 years long pending AOS - click below for details

Spoiler

• March 10 2015 - USCIS received i-130/i-485
  • March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • June 27 2016 - After Infopass, went to senator Durbin office in Chicago.
  • July 8 2016 - Went to Mike Quigley office.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 17 2016: Filed Ombudsman.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • July 29 2016: Sent another useless SR just because.
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: called the supervisor, no answer.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 19 2016: sent a letter to the director of Chicago Field Office.
  • November 22 2016: sent Service Request about i-485 (Lol[2])
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • Jan 27 - sent a service request regarding I-130.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • March 10 2017 - 2 years AOS anniversary...wow. 
  • March 31 - The response to the noid is received by uscis!
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 3:  biometrics
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 
  • December 14: Called uscis, tier 2 officer told me that the case is approved.
  • December 18: Received Approval notice (Dated December 12)

Long story short:
After the initial interview we received:

1) a RFE asking for the same papers again,

2) then were asked to come to the 2nd interview that went fine of course, 

3) then a NOID that was full of mistakes.

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

Extra scrutiny!!! A lot of people have more questionable circumstances and get approved. You must have stepped on some sensitive toes in that uscis office. Make your lawyer work HARD for that money.

AOS FROM - F1 OPT                                                                                                                                             ROC
Day 00 - Jun-08-2016 - AOS Package Delivered [Chicago Lockbox]                                                          Day 00 - Mar-12-2018 - ROC Package Delivered [California Service Center] 

Day 13 - Jun-21-2016 - Hardcopy NOA  for I-485, I-130, I-765                                                                   Day 09 - Mar-21-2018- Check Cashed                                                                   

Day 17 - Jun-25-2016 - Biometrics Letter [Appointment July 5]                                                                 Day 11 - Mar-23-2018-Received NOA Letter

Day 50 - Jul-28-2016 -  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled for an Interview                                                 Day 68 - May-18-2018 - Received Biometrics WAIVER Letter

Day 61 - Aug-08-2016 - AOS Interview Letter [interview Date Sept 7]                                                       Day 159 -Aug-17-2018 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

Day 71 - Aug-17-2016 - Interview Cancellation Letter [unforeseen Circumstances]                              Day 406-Apr-22-2019 - New Card Is Being Produced

Day 79 - Aug-25-2016 - New AOS Interview Letter [New Interview Date Sept 27]                                   Day 410-Apr26-2019 - Received ROC Approval Letter

Day 85 - Aug-31-2016 - Received EAD Card                                                                                                    Day 414- Apr-30-2019 - Received 10-year Green Card :dance:

Day 112 -Sep-27-2016 - AOS Interview [Case Status: New Card Is Being Produced]                              N400   5-yr-based                      

Day 118 -Oct-03-2016 -  Received AOS Approval Letter                                                                               Day 00 - Mar-12-2021- Submitted N400 Application online

Day 121 -Oct-06-2016 - Received Conditional Green Card [ROC opens ~ Mar 10, 2018]                       Day 322 - Jan-28-2022- N400 Interview Scheduled

Day 353 - Feb-26-2022- Interviewed. Approved. Same Day Oath 🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

That is the most nitpicking letter from USCIS I have ever seen. Totally bizarre. Must be a newbie IO or an old bored one

who wants some 007 action.

I would take out the "here you go again" and the "we send a million papers" as to not tick them off even more.

I don't see how in the world they would not approve with all that. Run it by your lawyer too before you send it

and correct some typos.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Laos
Timeline

Majority of couples do not have variety of documents like you do and they still got approved. I wondered what really is going on? One reason I can think of is to you brought attorney/lawyer to the interview and your husband had sponsored for someone else before (it raises red flag to uscis), Im trying to give you benefit of the doubt. I hope things will work out at the end. 

Edited by Hope&Love

1 hour ago, Ebunoluwa said:

That is the most nitpicking letter from USCIS I have ever seen. Totally bizarre. Must be a newbie IO or an old bored one

who wants some 007 action.

I would take out the "here you go again" and the "we send a million papers" as to not tick them off even more.

I don't see how in the world they would not approve with all that. Run it by your lawyer too before you send it

and correct some typos.

Yeah, sure. The lawyer will translate it into normal people language I'm sure : )

Thanks! I'm glad to know that you think it's fine.

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

• March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 

Long story short:

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

15 minutes ago, Hope&Love said:

Majority of couples do not have variety of documents like you do and they still got approved. I wondered what really is going on? One reason I can think of is to you brought attorney/lawyer to the interview and your husband had sponsored for someone else before (it raises red flag to uscis), Im trying to give you benefit of the doubt. I hope things will work out at the end. 

About the lawyer, may be, but we filed without the lawyer originally, but then we got a weird RFE before the initial interview (it's not in my signature because I didn't think it matters anymore, it was saying that my husband doesn't qualify to be my sponsor when he does, but I think I'll add it in a bit), so we didn't know what to do and got a lawyer.

Thanks!

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I fail to see why someone bringing their lawyer to the interview would cause this, even remotely.

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, sparkles_ said:

I fail to see why someone bringing their lawyer to the interview would cause this, even remotely.

Agreed, I've read stories on this forum from people saying they were the only couple in the waiting room WITHOUT a lawyer.

I really wish the best for you, banana_princess. Just know that a lot of us on this site are routing for you.

AOS Package sent: 12/20/2016

AOS Package received: 12/22/2016

Fees accepted: 01/05/2017

NOA email received: 01/09/2017

NOA letter received: 01/13/2017 (dated 01/06/2017)

Biometrics appointment letter received: 01/21/2017 (dated 01/14/2017)

Biometrics appointment date: 01/30/2017

Case status changed to ready to schedule interview: 02/10/2017

EAD card status changed to being produced: 03/24/2017

EAD card sent in the mail 04/03/2017

Interview scheduled for: 05/10/2017 (Case status changed on 04/04/2017)

Thanks @freshgreengrass, I appreciate your support!

The interesting part is that we obviously cannot go back in time and join the account 3 months earlier and take more photos, so if they deny what to do? May be we can get divorced and re-marry, apply again and show them "look, we had a joint account for 3 years before the wedding" :lol:

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Jesus miss Banana, I've never in my life have read anything like that USCIS letter. I'm shook. 

I can only imagine how frustrated and tired you are after all of this! I wish you all the best, and that you get an answer soon 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

I don't think it's a matter of some inexperienced or rogue officer. I would like to believe that by now, your case has been reviewed by at least one other person. I don't know why they're so insistent something is up, but my money is on they legitimately see an issue. It doesn't mean they are correct....just that they really think something is going on.

I can understand a lot of small things that add up causing issues. But those reasons do seem nitpicky, too. Please keep us updated.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

38 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I don't think it's a matter of some inexperienced or rogue officer. I would like to believe that by now, your case has been reviewed by at least one other person.

Actually, i'm not sure about this at all :( we asked for the officer's supervisor, we already know his name, not the supervisor from infopass. When he brought the notice we asked him is he can summarize what the reason is, and he said he doesn't know and told us to just read at home "what she wrote" (she - our officer). I was surprised because i, too, expected him to review it. The notice was signed by the Field office Director, but i'm pretty sure it's not a fresh new signature, i think they/she just inserted it there, because i have an another letter from this same director (i wrote her a letter once, complaining about the situation) and the signatures are exactly the same.

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Can't edit the post anymore, and i'm pretty sure he didn't say this because he was in hurry and didn't want to explain, he didn't seem like it. Talked to us for a while about my medical and fingerprints. 

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Timeline

This is also feeling a lot like psychological testing as well. Shaky couples or, not saying you guys are this, fake couples or couples where one is scamming will usually tap out by now and be onto an easier way to aos versus sticking to the rough ride til the end. Perhaps they are just looking to see if you actually will clarify the issues versus running from them....I'm placing a bet that once you send in your clarification statement and any supporting stuff, your card will show up shortly after. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Timeline
55 minutes ago, banana_princess said:

Actually, i'm not sure about this at all :( we asked for the officer's supervisor, we already know his name, not the supervisor from infopass. When he brought the notice we asked him is he can summarize what the reason is, and he said he doesn't know and told us to just read at home "what she wrote" (she - our officer). I was surprised because i, too, expected him to review it. The notice was signed by the Field office Director, but i'm pretty sure it's not a fresh new signature, i think they/she just inserted it there, because i have an another letter from this same director (i wrote her a letter once, complaining about the situation) and the signatures are exactly the same.

Signatures like that are autostamped not hand signed :) 

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.