Usagi_tsukino

Notice of intent to deny... what?!

246 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, banana_princess said:

Ugh... like what? Can you think of anything? :( yeah i thought so because to me it just seems like they just want to deny us and that's all, don't know why, may there is some plan or something to deny every 15th case, i just don't know what else to think. Which is why since i know that they can't possible find anything in our apartment showing that we don't live together (because of course we do!), they may just not use it in their decision...

They either think your husband is accepting money to sponsor women, they have found something in you or your husband's background and are digging into that, or the IO on your case just can't shake a feeling you guys gave him. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

(STAND ALONE i-130/TERMINATION OF REMOVAL)

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

Engaged: Aug. 21, 2014

Married: Dec. 1, 2014

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

Filed stand alone i-130: January 2015 (VSC)

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

NOA1: Feb. 20, 2015.

Transfer to CSC to balance workloads: August 2015

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

Congressional Inquiry: Dec 8. 2015

***i-130 APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW: Dec. 21, 2015** :dancing:

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

Filed AOS packet: March 16, 2016.

NOA1: March 21, 2016.

Biometrics: April 20, 2016.

RFE Initial evidence: April 21, 2016 for birth cert/translation and Q1/B1 i94s

RFE response received: May 10, 2016.

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status: Sept 2016- Case pending interview at local office.

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

HAPPY 2YR ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

Waiting on interview at local office...... :clock:

Sent EAD renewal: Feb 10, 2016

EAD#2 NOA1: March 3, 2016

INTERVIEW SCHEDULED!!: interview on March 27, 2017

Text notification, new card being produced: March 29, 2017!!!

*~*~*~*818 DAYS TOTAL*~*~*~

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

5 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

My two cents, and I am no lawyer just my personal opinion. Never volunteer or present things unless asked for it. If it looks like they are hunting for a reason to deny you, things can be twisted including phone text and browser histories. It is just better if you don't go even deeper down that rabbit hole IMO. Something is amiss with your case and your attitude of whatever, let them check it all could be throwing fuel on the fire. I'm advising you as someone who has been there, done that, sat in deportation court even due to having the wrong starting attitude about some things immigration wise. 

Oh god... thanks. That's what our lawyer thinks too.
But do you think it's ok for us to go see the officer and her supervisor again in 2 months after the 2nd interview?

Citizenship:

09/15/2020 - Filed online. Estimated completion given - July 2021 (10 months).

January 2021 - biometric reuse letter

April 2021 - interview scheduled

24/05/2021 - Interview (approved)

Passport:

July 23 - applied, expedited service

August 11 - received the passport

Aug. 16 (approximately) - received passport card

August 20 - received citizenship certificate back

Story of my almost 3 years long pending AOS - click below for details

Spoiler

• March 10 2015 - USCIS received i-130/i-485
  • March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • June 27 2016 - After Infopass, went to senator Durbin office in Chicago.
  • July 8 2016 - Went to Mike Quigley office.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 17 2016: Filed Ombudsman.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • July 29 2016: Sent another useless SR just because.
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: called the supervisor, no answer.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 19 2016: sent a letter to the director of Chicago Field Office.
  • November 22 2016: sent Service Request about i-485 (Lol[2])
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • Jan 27 - sent a service request regarding I-130.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • March 10 2017 - 2 years AOS anniversary...wow. 
  • March 31 - The response to the noid is received by uscis!
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 3:  biometrics
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 
  • December 14: Called uscis, tier 2 officer told me that the case is approved.
  • December 18: Received Approval notice (Dated December 12)

Long story short:
After the initial interview we received:

1) a RFE asking for the same papers again,

2) then were asked to come to the 2nd interview that went fine of course, 

3) then a NOID that was full of mistakes.

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

9 minutes ago, banana_princess said:

Yeah i would actually, why not. [...]
I didn't know there is a card, thank you :)

Rhetorical question or are you seriously not seeing a problem with putting a camera in their face, and how they might perceive it?  It looks... confrontational - not in a real-life-couple-chilling-at-home way

Timeline
Just now, banana_princess said:

Oh god... thanks. That's what our lawyer thinks too.
But do you think it's ok for us to go see the officer and her supervisor again in 2 months after the 2nd interview?

Oh yea. By all means stay on it. I stayed on ours like a stalker during the hard times. One, because you don't want something to risk getting lost in the mail. And two, just because it will make you guys feel productive and create a papertrail of visits which can be proof. 

**Adjusting from initial Q1/changed to B1 then overstay, termination of removal proceedings**

First met: Totally random by asking for directions, June 2014 while on vacation at Disney World (L)

ICE phone contact: sometime in early Dec. 2014- Co-operated, retained attorney who advised the same.

ICE home visit, schedule time to go to DHS office and NTA issued, date TBD, was not detained and released on own recognizance within an hour: January, 2015.

1)First Master Calendar Hearing: Sept. 9, 2015-Continued based on pending i-130, new court date in 6mo.

2)Second Master Hearing: March 9, 2016- Removal proceedings terminated w/o prejudice based on approved i-130!! Remanded to USCIS to begin AOS process :dance:

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

EAD approval: May 25, 2016- Card arrived at attorney's office! Could not pick up until May 30 because we were at Disney World again :):D

Notice of missing medical exam: July 2016 (Done on purpose to avoid expiration, we will bring it to the interview as stated in notice)

Inquiry about case status again: Oct. 2016- Due to factors not related to your case, anticipate a delay in processing

Infopass #1 at local office: Dec. 19, 2016- Case pending background/security checks, advised when to renew EAD #2

1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Rhetorical question or are you seriously not seeing a problem with putting a camera in their face, and how they might perceive it?  It looks... confrontational - not in a real-life-couple-chilling-at-home way

Lol, of course not, i would explain the situation, my feelings and ask them if its ok. Of course we are not chilling right now when they want to deny our case that has been pending for 2 years who knows why, not that easy to just chill :(

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

• March 30 2015 - got a RFE saying that my husband cannot be my sponsor because of his income, which is not true, but we didn't know what to do so we hired a lawyer.
  • August 10 2015 - interview (went great, by the way). Were told to wait 120 days.
  • December 10 2015, April 10 2016, May 10 2016 - sent SR, responses: "your case is pending"

• May 25 2016 - Went to Info Pass, the case is taken to the supervisor, were told we will get something in 30 days (of course, after 30 days we got nothing....).
  • June 27 2016 - Went to Info Pass again, they told us to wait for 2 more weeks and if we still get nothing send a service request letter by mail. Did it on the same day.
  • July 8 2016 - Received useless response from Durbin. All they know is that the case is pending and it's in Chicago, can't do anything else.
  • July 12 2016: Infopass, spoke to the supervisor, promises promises.... more wait.
  • July 26 2016: Another info pass, same story. We talked to 3 supervisors already! I don't get it!
  • Aug 9 2016: Talked to the officer we had interview with! She was supposed to mail us RFE a year ago but she forgot (!!!) ! They admitted it. Gave us RFE.
  • October 11 2016: Response to RFE is received by uscis (the RFE was ridiculous. Basically all same papers we ALREADY GAVE HER at the interview: bank statements, lease, etc).
  • October 20 2016: Infopass, useless, did not have time to wait for the supervisor.
  • November 9 2016: Infopass, talked to the supervisor, he said there are no problems with our case and he will make sure the officer will make a decision within a few days. Gave us his email and phone number, told us to contact him directly instead of going to info pass.
  • November 15 2016: emailed the supervisor, since a few days have passed and still no decision. No response.
  • November 17 2016: sent Service Request about i-130 (Lol, like that will help..)
  • November 23 2016: talked to the supervisor again to learn that..........my medical and fingerprints have expired and i need to wait for a notice to do it all again.
  • November 25 2016: The response from the Field Office Director Martha Medina-Maltes: your case is pending and every effort is being made blah blah blah
  • December 5 2016: Received a response to i-485 SR that my case is "pending supervisor review"... absolutely random since the supervisor said i'll need redo my medical and fingerprints again.
  • December 19 2016: Went to USCIS, the officer came out and told me we need to come back for a 2nd interview!!! I'm shocked because our marriage is 100% real and i can't believe they have doubts about it! But i'm glad that it's at least something.
  • December 27: 2nd interview (Strokes). Reason: i-130 petition. We did fine but the officer said we will receive a NOID! Our lawyer said it must be something else, not our answers... but what?!

• Jan 23 - infopass, asked if anything was mailed regarding i-130. Were told that nothing was.
  • March 1 2017 - went to uscis (no info pass), our officer's supervisor finally gave us the noid full of nitpicking and lies, that shows that they do not pay attention to anything. 
  • June 1st - went to the office, the supervisor promised we will get the decision in 4-6 weeks.
  • July 19 - 7 weeks passed, went back to uscis. The supervisor said he will give the case to the officer tomorrow, we asked when we will get the decision, he said he doesn't know. 
  • September 6: My husband talked to the supervisor again, he said he gave the case to the other officer, and the case is huge so the officer has a lot to do, and we will get a decision in 2 weeks. 
  • September 25: Went back since no decision was received (as expected). The supervisor said the same thing: we will get a decision in 2 weeks
  • September 29: USCIS asked for medical! Eureka! First time in 2 and a half years they sent something by themselves! :wacko: i-130 still not approved.
  • October 2: Notice that i-130 is approved (notice date September 26, still no online update). Also went to get medical done (should be ready by the end of the week)
  • October 10: medical delivered to uscis! The waiting games begins again :wacko:
  • December 11: 2 months after medical was delivered talked to the supervisor again, he said the decision will be made BY tomorrow and we will find out from the website on Wednesday. 

Long story short:

All that was given to us in person, only when we made our way straight to our officer. And still waiting. Lots of fun (not).

4) 6 months after receiving our response to the noid i-130 is approved. 2 years 6 months and 16 days of waiting for i-130. Supposed to take 5 months. No words.

5) After 2 years 9 months and 2 days (or 1008 days) of waiting i-485 is approved.

4 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

They either think your husband is accepting money to sponsor women, they have found something in you or your husband's background and are digging into that, or the IO on your case just can't shake a feeling you guys gave him. 

Can't be thinking 1st because i had no job for a year and he was supporting me... don't know. Considering the questions during the 2nd interview they think that we don't live together (so weird. Like, out of all the things i think it's the last one to suspect. Could ask to explain some bank transactions, i don't know even which ones, but it would be less strange i guess).

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Timeline
Just now, banana_princess said:

Can't be thinking 1st because i had no job for a year and he was supporting me... don't know. Considering the questions during the 2nd interview they think that we don't live together (so weird. Like, out of all the things i think it's the last one to suspect. Could ask to explain some bank transactions, i don't know even which ones, but it would be less strange i guess).

I think maybe that they think something along the lines of you aren't telling the entire story about how long you lived together, you know with him being legally married but dating you.....not that you aren't living together now as married folks. Also, you need to take a good look at your husband's friends and such and consider if anyone would be jerk enough to have reported you guys even if the report was lies. Co-workers, friends of the ex even who felt hurt for her. 

That is how we ended up with my husband in removal, large majority due to an angry ex.

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

25 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

I think maybe that they think something along the lines of you aren't telling the entire story about how long you lived together, you know with him being legally married but dating you.....not that you aren't living together now as married folks. Also, you need to take a good look at your husband's friends and such and consider if anyone would be jerk enough to have reported you guys even if the report was lies. Co-workers, friends of the ex even who felt hurt for her. 

That is how we ended up with my husband in removal, large majority due to an angry ex.

I did move into this apartment by myself first, and i told the officer that, so my husband wasn't on the original lease. But how could that be a problem... Also, he moved in in the middle of the 1st year lease and we didn't put him on the lease right away, we put him on the new one, so we were living together for about 5 months before he was on the lease. But we said all that at the 1st interview and brought the lease with us... all that was before we got married. Besides, if they think we don't live together then where do we live? lol one of us has to be living somewhere else. His dad lives alone, unless they think he lives with his dad? Ugh, but why would they think that.... 
His friends wouldn't do that, because majority of our friends don't know about this immigration situation. We worked together, if i told everyone about my immigration situation i would be fired (since i was overstay. Everyone just knew i arrived on work visa and they never asked any other questions). Everyone knows we are married though. But if IO asked any of them, the friends would be surprised that i'm adjusting my status in US. However they would confirm that we are married. They didn't ask anyone, because I'm sure the friends would have told us. It's too late to tell everyone now "oh, by the way i have no status.." -_- don't want to do that at all, too many people. But yeah, what does everyone think of that? :whistle:
Wow that sucks about what happened to you. I don't think his ex would do something like that.... but that's something to think about. Really hard to believe people would do something like that.

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Honestly the only thing that doesn't  seem super in order is that you just don't have a lot of "proof" they consider proof after being married for 3 years.

But still it's more than some people have, which makes me wonder if they know something about ya'll that neither of you know or are willing to admit. /shrug

And as for if it's okay to go see the officer 2 months after the second interview. I'd say yes, you do have a right to your own case, but at the same time, the last time you showed up to talk to someone you got a second interview. If you're so confident in your relationship though, then why not bug them until they get your stuff done? If you think they truly have nothing against you that could deny you, you should probably be up there talking to an IO to see what THEIR screen says.  Or go back and ask that desk clerk if someones touched your case. They can't deny you for being annoying, but they can deny you if they find something that is under guidelines to be deniable.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, banana_princess said:

I did move into this apartment by myself first, and i told the officer that, so my husband wasn't on the original lease. But how could that be a problem... Also, he moved in in the middle of the 1st year lease and we didn't put him on the lease right away, we put him on the new one, so we were living together for about 5 months before he was on the lease. But we said all that at the 1st interview and brought the lease with us... all that was before we got married. Besides, if they think we don't live together then where do we live? lol one of us has to be living somewhere else. His dad lives alone, unless they think he lives with his dad? Ugh, but why would they think that.... 
His friends wouldn't do that, because majority of our friends don't know about this immigration situation. We worked together, if i told everyone about my immigration situation i would be fired (since i was overstay. Everyone just knew i arrived on work visa and they never asked any other questions). Everyone knows we are married though. But if IO asked any of them, the friends would be surprised that i'm adjusting my status in US. However they would confirm that we are married. They didn't ask anyone, because I'm sure the friends would have told us. It's too late to tell everyone now "oh, by the way i have no status.." -_- don't want to do that at all, too many people. But yeah, what does everyone think of that? :whistle:
Wow that sucks about what happened to you. I don't think his ex would do something like that.... but that's something to think about.

To fix that lease problem, you make your apartment manager give you a notarized statement that he had been living there, off lease with you at whatever address from X date to re-leasing. That person is a non biased person, meaning they don't know you from jack and their words carry weight unlike family and friends who would be more willing to say what you wanted. Did he ever get bills still sent to his dad? That too can be easily wiped off if you get the notarized thing I mentioned. Someone at work could just have not liked you period and called you in and made up stuff. Some women at work might have been diggin' your husband to get with them and then you got married (my situation). The kind of people who report, aren't being asked, they are going to ICE on their own.

They think he is out with other women. Because honestly, it looks kind of sketch as to how you guys ended up together even if you two know its real. Did your lawyer do FOIA yet to try and see what is going on?

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

1 minute ago, Ash.1101 said:

Honestly the only thing that doesn't  seem super in order is that you just don't have a lot of "proof" they consider proof after being married for 3 years.

But still it's more than some people have, which makes me wonder if they know something about ya'll that neither of you know or are willing to admit. /shrug

Thanks for the opinion, or they could mess things up - because they forgot about the case first and then had a wrong A-number at the 2nd interview... i just don't know if it's a big deal, the officer said "oh ok" and corrected it, she didn't look like "omg i messed it up". 

And as for if it's okay to go see the officer 2 months after the second interview. I'd say yes, you do have a right to your own case, but at the same time, the last time you showed up to talk to someone you got a second interview. If you're so confident in your relationship though, then why not bug them until they get your stuff done? If you think they truly have nothing against you that could deny you, you should probably be up there talking to an IO to see what THEIR screen says.  Or go back and ask that desk clerk if someones touched your case. They can't deny you for being annoying, but they can deny you if they find something that is under guidelines to be deniable.

Thank you! Yes i really am sure there is nothing in our case that can be a reason to deny, i know that the marriage is real, and that my husband has a right to petition. If he couldn't file the petition for some reason i'm pretty sure it would be brought up already and the case would be denied and we would know the reason. I'm very glad you guys support us annoying them this time :P

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Timeline

So I'm gonna advise this. Get on your lawyer to begin the process of FOIA, freedom of info. act, and see what you guys can get from this. It very well could hold the key to helping you figure out why you are being NOIDed. Also, I would suggest at this point taking your A# and calling the EOIR court 800 number and entering your A number into the system to check and see if you have any overstay proceedings against you that you maybe didn't know about. Yes, you would have gotten up to the interview and been denied, I've seen it on here a time or two for that very reason despite the fact they are supposed to flag your AOS and reject it earlier with that. Lastly, go make your husband pay for his own, personal FBI check.....sometimes they don't tell you and wait to see if you hang yourself by not mentioning things.

I think there is something up with you, not him. And I am not saying you're a criminal on the lowkey or anything, but I feel based on reading that they are picking at you. I'm going to cross my fingers and toes that your A number isnt in the EOIR system when you call and that they are just feeling a can't shake vibe about you which you can overcome.....but buckle up for a ride.

Oh, or they could have just screwed your case royally with those A number mix ups and are stalling to get it up to par without admitting they messed up bigtime. Again, FOIA will help unlock that too.

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

10 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

To fix that lease problem, you make your apartment manager give you a notarized statement that he had been living there, off lease with you at whatever address from X date to re-leasing. That person is a non biased person, meaning they don't know you from jack and their words carry weight unlike family and friends who would be more willing to say what you wanted. Did he ever get bills still sent to his dad? That too can be easily wiped off if you get the notarized thing I mentioned. Someone at work could just have not liked you period and called you in and made up stuff. Some women at work might have been diggin' your husband to get with them and then you got married (my situation). The kind of people who report, aren't being asked, they are going to ICE on their own.

They think he is out with other women. Because honestly, it looks kind of sketch as to how you guys ended up together even if you two know its real. Did your lawyer do FOIA yet to try and see what is going on?

I guess my english is not good enough here lol, "out with other women" - means he is involved with something else? Oh god lol, sorry, but it's so funny it they think that. We took quite a lot trips together, have bunch of pictures with friends, celebrate christmas, bdays with his family.... that would be soooo crazy if thats what they think! The lawyer did not do FOIA, i'll ask about it.

Thanks for the tips about the lease! No he did not have bills sent to his dad.

Edited by banana_princess

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, banana_princess said:

I guess my english is not good enough here lol, "out with other women" - means he is involved with something else? Oh god lol, sorry, but it's so funny it they think that. We took quite a lot trips together, have bunch of pictures with friends, celebrate christmas, bday with his family.... that would be soooo crazy if thats what they think! The lawyer did not do FOIA, i'll ask about it.

Thanks for the tips about the lease! No he did not have bills sent to his dad.

No worries, yes maybe they think he is just 'helping' you and dating other women based on who knows why, but the fact of how you guys started may have made them already make an opinion about you two that is sticking with them.

I'm trying to think what else about you, since there is very little he could have done to make big problems short of what was already mentioned like child abuse, drug related stuff, violence. Do you have any unpaid traffic tickets? Could you possibly have an open bench warrant due to these because some states do this.....do you use instagram or facebook and appear married on there? Did you have any small criminal record at home? Did you have a work visa that had a 2yr return period or any restrictions towards AOS? Did you get engaged to another American before this? (I'm not meaning any of those as rude, just thinking in type).

Edited by sparkles_

(AOS AFTER TERMINATION)

5 minutes ago, sparkles_ said:

So I'm gonna advise this. Get on your lawyer to begin the process of FOIA, freedom of info. act, and see what you guys can get from this. It very well could hold the key to helping you figure out why you are being NOIDed. Also, I would suggest at this point taking your A# and calling the EOIR court 800 number and entering your A number into the system to check and see if you have any overstay proceedings against you that you maybe didn't know about. Yes, you would have gotten up to the interview and been denied, I've seen it on here a time or two for that very reason despite the fact they are supposed to flag your AOS and reject it earlier with that. Lastly, go make your husband pay for his own, personal FBI check.....sometimes they don't tell you and wait to see if you hang yourself by not mentioning things.

I think there is something up with you, not him. And I am not saying you're a criminal on the lowkey or anything, but I feel based on reading that they are picking at you. I'm going to cross my fingers and toes that your A number isnt in the EOIR system when you call and that they are just feeling a can't shake vibe about you which you can overcome.....but buckle up for a ride.

Oh, or they could have just screwed your case royally with those A number mix ups and are stalling to get it up to par without admitting they messed up bigtime. Again, FOIA will help unlock that too.

Thats a lot of good advices, thanks a lot!
I would be kind of relieved if it's me because at least i know the story of my life for sure (not that i think that my husband is hiding something, but still, i'll be the one fighting it, and if it was about him i would have nothing to do with it), but i doubt it... the 2nd interview was about i-130, the notice said "reason:i-130" the lawyer said it's about him/our relationship :unsure:

Citizenship:

Passport:

Spoiler

Long story short:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.