Dashinka

Police: Woman who was told to remove hijab was lying

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

When I first heard about this story a few weeks ago, I was a bit skeptical. However, I kept an open mind. Turns out it was a false report.

A University of Michigan student whose story was reported worldwide was not telling the truth when she told police she was threatened by a man who told her to remove her hijab and could now face felony charges for filing a false report, Ann Arbor police said Wednesday.

The woman told police that the man would set her on fire with a lighter if she did not remove her hijab, a headscarf worn by Muslim women, so she complied then fled the area of East William near State Street. Her story appeared in global publications last month couched as a hate crime following the win of President-elect Donald Trump.

But her report did not add up after Ann Arbor and UM police and the FBI interviewed multiple witnesses and reviewed video surveillance in the area of the alleged incident, said Detective Sgt. Matthew Lige of the Ann Arbor Police Department.

This crime never happened, Lige said. It put the Ann Arbor community under significant pressure and put us in the national spotlight and it just did not happen. I have been doing this job for over 20 years and I have not seen a national or a law enforcement-related event that put as much as pressure on us as this report did given the timing that it was reported after the election.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/21/ann-arbor-hijab/95706392/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Its a pretty common Phenomena and has been by the victim hood cartel for years.

Just look at the REVVVVVrand Al Sharpton and all the times he has been busted backing made up stories

trumps entire campaign was based on fake news,his world view is based on fake news. Kind of funny seeing a trump supporters complaining about fake news.

notice they'll post instances where a person was lying, but you'll never see them post legitimate stories of harassment. got to fit the agenda of post bigoted murica to save 'rump's face.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

notice they'll post instances where a person was lying, but you'll never see them post legitimate stories of harassment. got to fit the agenda of post bigoted murica to save 'rump's face.

Feel free to post them. The media generally reports these stories in their infancy as legitimate, and most time when it is found out to be false, we rarely see a retraction. Just did a quick Google search and not many of the so called respected media printed the follow-up.

As to who lives on the fake news band wagon, it's hard to look past the progressive tolerant MDL.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Feel free to post them. The media generally reports these stories in their infancy as legitimate, and most time when it is found out to be false, we rarely see a retraction. Just did a quick Google search and not many of the so called respected media printed the follow-up.

As to who lives on the fake news band wagon, it's hard to look past the progressive tolerant MDL.

so you think that out of the hundreds of instances of bigoted and racist behavior that have been reported to the police since the election will have a followup story posted in the media or even a news story to begin with? do you think that ever police report filed has a corresponding ap story?

not every story reported to the media is going to be true - do you not realize how many of these instances were never reported to the media because the victims had no interest in going public?

i'm mean your agenda is clear with your title, but i'm i read conservative/altright media (always have, not something i started with trump) and i know that they absolutely live to publish this sort of discrediting. it's all they publish, because their agenda is to convince their readers that bigotry is not an issue. further, they intend to warn their readers to be weary of anyone who claims to be victim of this sort of act -they're most likely lying to promote victimhood - as you say so elequently in your title. overall the message is, we live in a post racial/bigoted world that does not have these sorts of issues. and that, of course, is fake news.

Edited by smilesammich

so you think that out of the hundreds of instances of bigoted and racist behavior that have been reported to the police since the election will have a followup story posted in the media or even a news story to begin with? do you think that ever police report filed has a corresponding ap story?

not every story reported to the media is going to be true - do you not realize how many of these instances were never reported to the media because the victims had no interest in going public?

i'm mean your agenda is clear with your title, but i'm i read conservative/altright media (always have, not something i started with trump) and i know that they absolutely live to publish this sort of discrediting. it's all they publish, because their agenda is to convince their readers that bigotry is not an issue. further, they intend to warn their readers to be weary of anyone who claims to be victim of this sort of act -they're most likely lying to promote victimhood - as you say so elequently in your title. overall the message is, we live in a post racial/bigoted world that does not have these sorts of issues. and that, of course, is fake news.

did you miss the first sentence ?---Feel free to post them.

Edited by Nature Boy Flair

did you miss my post?

(i do feel free to post whatever i chose. i also feel free to respond to others' posts. thanks for your concern)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The "real" ones never get reported. It is only the fake ones that make the news.

But "trust" us. Even if all we find are fake ones....we know real ones must be happening.( at least we hope they are)

What like the vandalism of a black church in Mississippi with the words "Vote Trump" on the outside of the church is the media not reporting a "legitimate" story? Ever since he got elected they have seriously been beating the "bigotry and hateful rhetoric" drum from the Trump camp for months now. But it turns out that 9 times out of 10 the stories that are being reported wind up being False and a Hoax just like the church vandalism that is now supposedly done by a member of that church who is also black.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/12/black-church-member-set-fire-trump-vandalism/

Edited by cyberfx1024

The "real" ones never get reported. It is only the fake ones that make the news.

But "trust" us. Even if all we find are fake ones....we know real ones must be happening.( at least we hope they are)

so, you are also a believer that every single police report has a resulting media report.

What like the vandalism of a black church in Mississippi with the words "Vote Trump" on the outside of the church is the media not reporting a "legitimate" story? Ever since he got elected they have seriously been beating the "bigotry and hateful rhetoric" drum from the Trump camp for months now. But it turns out that 9 times out of 10 the stories that are being reported wind up being False and a Hoax just like the church vandalism.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/12/black-church-member-set-fire-trump-vandalism/

and you'd think (if you're into that) that "the root" would be doing whatever it could to cover this fraud up in order to keep perpetuating victimhood..

fraud happens fellas, people lie. but if your gonna assert 9 times out of ten reports are false, then i'm going to need to see some evidence to back up those numbers.

Here’s A List Of Completely Substantiated (And Underreported) Attacks On Trump Supporters

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/heres-a-list-of-completely-substantiated-and-underreported-attacks-on-trump-supporters/#ixzz4TaZ5KptW

and you'd think (if you're into that) that "the root" would be doing whatever it could to cover this fraud up in order to keep perpetuating victimhood..

fraud happens fellas, people lie. but if your gonna assert 9 times out of ten reports are false, then i'm going to need to see some evidence to back up those numbers.

Growing list of post-election 'hate crimes' turn out to be hoaxes

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/21/growing-list-post-election-hate-crimes-turn-out-to-be-hoaxes.html

Here’s A List Of Completely Substantiated (And Underreported) Attacks On Trump Supporters

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/heres-a-list-of-completely-substantiated-and-underreported-attacks-on-trump-supporters/#ixzz4TaZ5KptW

now see, there's a list that matches the title of the op..good digging nb. :lol: and thanks for proving my point.