2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
35 minutes ago, cumulonimbus said:

So happy to see this news Congrats @Roger & Grace

Awesome Roger, so happy for you both!! So your USCIS case tracker never changed correct?

Edited by nealreal1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, nealreal1 said:

Awesome Roger, so happy for you both!! So your USCIS case tracker never changed correct?

Nope... on the tracker... got it in the mail 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
13 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

WE HAVE FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

WE ARE APPROVED!!

So very happy for you and Grace!  I can only image Grace's reaction to the news!! 

K-1 Visa Jouney

Spoiler

24-Feb 2017 - I-129F packet sent to TX lockbox

28-Feb 2017 - I-129F Received Date

03-Mar 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

12-Jun 2017 - NOA2 Notice Date

26-Jun 2017 - NVC Case # Received

03-Jul 2017 - Embassy Received

05-Jul 2017 - Medical

14-Jul 2017 - Interview - APPROVED

18-Jul 2017 - Visa in hand!

21-Jul 2017 - POE Miami!!

27-Aug 2017 - MARRIED!!

AOS

31-AUG 2017 - Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765

06-SEP 2017 - NOA I-485,I-131, I-765

27-SEP 2017 Biometrics

24-OCT-2017 EAD/AP Approved

01-NOV-2017 Combo Card Received

23-JUL-2018 Interview

23-JUL-2018 - I-485 APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

May 15th i received an Approval Notice from the California Service Center and it looks like we were officially approved May 8th and states that it is going to be transferred to the NVC in New Hampshire! :D such a relief, one step closer

Has anyone gone through and completed the NVC process and has any advice or feedback? how long does it typically take for the case to get passed over to the Embassy/Consulate of the home country? from reading some of the comments in the forum it looks like people are calling the NVC for the case number, just wondering how come, should i be doing this too :P ? just looking for peoples experiences. :D it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, DKG said:

May 15th i received an Approval Notice from the California Service Center and it looks like we were officially approved May 8th and states that it is going to be transferred to the NVC in New Hampshire! :D such a relief, one step closer

Has anyone gone through and completed the NVC process and has any advice or feedback? how long does it typically take for the case to get passed over to the Embassy/Consulate of the home country? from reading some of the comments in the forum it looks like people are calling the NVC for the case number, just wondering how come, should i be doing this too :P ? just looking for peoples experiences. :D it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your approval. The NVC process length varies. For me, it took 3 weeks for NVC to receive the case from CSC and within 3-4 days my status was READY on CEAC meaning that the case had been received by the embassy. The general advice here is to start calling NVC about 2 weeks after your approval. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Roger & Grace said:

Nope... on the tracker... got it in the mail 

What a relief for both of you, I think the rest will be easy compared to this? Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, DKG said:

Thanks!

Oh we have the same approval date. I've been trying to call them since Wednesday, but still same response, that they haven't received it yet and wait for 6 more weeks. Since im so excited im calling them everyday lol. 

Timeline
On 5/9/2017 at 3:12 PM, Kuben&Tiffany said:

So we're one of those 'waaaaaaaay past the normal processing' time couples (December 6 received / December 9 NOA1), and I've tried a couple of options to contact and gather information, including emailing USCIS and contacting my congressman (last week). Today we FINALLY got a reply from USCIS to the email I sent way back on May 1. I'm not sure if they just got around to it, or if the congressman put in an inquiry, but here's what it reads:

"Thank you for your inquiry. According to our records, your petition is assigned to an officer and under review. While we are unable to give you a specific date by which a decision will be rendered in your case, you can expect to receive a Notice of Action* soon."

The rest is just official stuff. Anyone else receive a reply like this? I'm guessing this is a canned response, but I'm hoping it means our case is at least not lost in the bottom of a box somewhere.  

Any progress on your case? Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cumulonimbus said:

Congratulations on your approval. The NVC process length varies. For me, it took 3 weeks for NVC to receive the case from CSC and within 3-4 days my status was READY on CEAC meaning that the case had been received by the embassy. The general advice here is to start calling NVC about 2 weeks after your approval. 

Thanks for the advice! just out of curiosity what is it that you are looking for when you call the NVC? does this typically speed up the process? sorry so new to this :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Hello fellow community members. Hope all is well as we continue on our journey to be reunited with our love ones.  As you may know I am a December filer as well. Our petition is on its way to NVC. Our approval date was on May 9 after a rfe on April 19. I hope for a speedy journey to all of us. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline
1 hour ago, DKG said:

Thanks for the advice! just out of curiosity what is it that you are looking for when you call the NVC? does this typically speed up the process? sorry so new to this :P

You call the NVC for your assign case number so you can track it in the website and which will tell you when your packet will be at your assign US embassy. It would be cool if it does speed up the process 🙃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
6 hours ago, nealreal1 said:

Any progress on your case? Thank you

I'm afraid not. I spoke with someone from CSC on Weds who just basically gave me the run around, saying they still had Nov posted  their processing time, same old story. I did finally get a contact at our congressman's office that I will be messaging directly.  

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.