Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, AkesAngel said:

Cases for December updated 4/4/2017: 140
Approved: 82
RFEs: 15
Other: 43

*Only cases starting with a receiving date of Dec 1 onward*

Details for December only: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QbA9c-L-c1bmZXYmNzN3dCRGs

Reveal hidden contents
Rec'd Date 4/4/2017 4/3/2017 Touched Cases
12/1/2016 9 9 0
12/2/2016 2 2 0
12/5/2016 17 17 0
12/6/2016 24 24 0
12/7/2016 2 2 0
12/8/2016 15 16 1
12/9/2016 37 37 0
12/12/2016 40 41 1
12/13/2016 7 7 0
12/14/2016 43 43 0
12/15/2016 54 58 4
12/16/2016 58 73 15
12/19/2016 136 158 22
12/20/2016 115 125 10
12/21/2016 183 188 5
12/22/2016 194 198 4
12/23/2016 267 275 8
12/27/2016 449 461 12
12/28/2016 193 197 4
12/29/2016 94 95 1
12/30/2016 91 91 0

Thank you...  not yet... grrrrrr

Timeline
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Hong Kong, China
I-129F Sent : 2016-12-22
I-129F NOA1 : 2016-12-27

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between March 28, 2017 and April 1, 2017*.  It's now April 5th, 2017. 

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

I see we are not up to Dec 27,th  with very many approved, (A handful)  So I am not freaking out.. Just yet...(but she is) and its  HUGE day after the holidays... too.  

Anyone's guess what I can do to gauge this to give guidance when they think it might happen to Grace? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
20 hours ago, TatiyPablo said:

Hi all! This is a potentially very silly question, but I get confused with all of the moving pieces in the later stages of this process. Once we receive the NOA2, should we fill out the DS 160 and prepare affidavit of support and other interview material? Are we only able to submit DS 160, pay visa fee, and schedule interview once the NVC receives our case from USCIS? Or do we have to wait even longer, until NVC receives our case and forwards it to our embassy in order to complete these steps?

Thanks so much in advance for the clarification. Good luck to everyone!

After your approval (NOA2 ) you need to wait 2-4 weeks for the USCIS to transfer your case to the NVC, the NVC will assign a case number for you and send it to the US embassy in the foreign finace's country.

then in here it's different according to the countries , in some countries you need to wait for the embassy to send to the beneficiary the checklist then she/he can pay the visa fee and fill out the DS-160 and schedule medical examinations.

but in some country after you recieved the case number you track your case in CEAC , when the in CEAC the case is READY   then you can schedule your medical exam and Fill DS-160 and pay the visa fee yourself without waiting for the EMBASSY to send you the checklist .

so you need to get information from the people who already applied from this country and see how is it going .

bottom Line: when you recieved your NOA2 approval notice then start collecting the documents that you will send to your fiancé along with the Affidavit of support I-134 , and other documents that your fiancé needs to take to her/his interview .

but you keep calling to the NVC after 2 weeks of receiving the NOA2 to get your Case Number from the NVC .

1 hour ago, RocarrM said:

After your approval (NOA2 ) you need to wait 2-4 weeks for the USCIS to transfer your case to the NVC, the NVC will assign a case number for you and send it to the US embassy in the foreign finace's country.

then in here it's different according to the countries , in some countries you need to wait for the embassy to send to the beneficiary the checklist then she/he can pay the visa fee and fill out the DS-160 and schedule medical examinations.

but in some country after you recieved the case number you track your case in CEAC , when the in CEAC the case is READY   then you can schedule your medical exam and Fill DS-160 and pay the visa fee yourself without waiting for the EMBASSY to send you the checklist .

so you need to get information from the people who already applied from this country and see how is it going .

bottom Line: when you recieved your NOA2 approval notice then start collecting the documents that you will send to your fiancé along with the Affidavit of support I-134 , and other documents that your fiancé needs to take to her/his interview .

but you keep calling to the NVC after 2 weeks of receiving the NOA2 to get your Case Number from the NVC .

Actually, you should start calling NVC after a few days. Some people get them in around 5 days, it just depends. It can definitely take a lot longer, but 5 days to a week isn't unheard of. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just checked the ceac website and our visa is in transit to the embassy. 15 days from when they received it. I called the NVC this morning and it was still in administrative processing. On a whim I checked the website 5 minutes ago and it stated it's on its way!!!  One step closer. I've already prepared all the documents and supporting documents. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

I just checked the ceac website and our visa is in transit to the embassy. 15 days from when they received it. I called the NVC this morning and it was still in administrative processing. On a whim I checked the website 5 minutes ago and it stated it's on its way!!!  One step closer. I've already prepared all the documents and supporting documents. 

Congrats!!! That's exciting!!

12 minutes ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Nice. Congrats...

I called NVC today. They said they received my packet today and not entered on the computer yet so no case number for me. I told him ok I will call in a couple of days. He said no call in 2 weeks. I said ok. 

I am still calling everyday though. lol. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, hy2016 said:

anyone else have a NOA1 of 12/9 or earlier and still not hear back? 37 cases for 12/9 and they didnt touch any of the cases yesterday. So depressing!!! 

123 days and counting. Our case was received on Dec 1st. Filed a congressional inquiry but all we got back is "The above referenced case is under review with an officer. Please feel free to contact us if your constituent does not receive a notice of action* within 45 days."

Any ideas on what else we might do or why its taking so long? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
32 minutes ago, darina said:

123 days and counting. Our case was received on Dec 1st. Filed a congressional inquiry but all we got back is "The above referenced case is under review with an officer. Please feel free to contact us if your constituent does not receive a notice of action* within 45 days."

Considering there are still November filers who haven't got approved not much you can do but wait. If you get to the 5 month mark and still nothing then you can try calling CSC service center. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, darina said:

no idea why they don't just finish the cases in order of when they receive them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For what it's worth, once our case left USCIS I started calling NVC. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly. I got the canned reply of "It can take X amount of days to get here". Once I received my NVC case number and invoice number I started calling Monday and Fridays. After a couple of days I started calling everyday. Everyone was always very polite and chatty at times. It was put into AP. When I spoke with one lady she explained it's not the black hole but just what they call it. It is their normal processing. So don't stress. 

I was stressed when on 2 separate occasions I was told it was out of AP only to be told the next time I called I was still in AP. Apparently they didn't scroll far enough down to see that on the screen. Today I called and the lady was very nice and empathetic but said she couldn't even give me an estimate. I was a little dejected to say the least. As I stated in my previous post I checked the ceac website as I do about 1 billion times a day and imagine my shock when I read "in transit". 

I have everything needed for her interview and it's already in country. All she has to do is attend her physical and get the police letter then show up and knock the interview out of the ball park and pack her belongings and I'll be flying to bring her home. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I checked your timeline. You start your count when they received the forms. They received mine December 27th,so I'm at 97 days. 

Dec 27th, us as well!  Hang in there!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.