JimJesDuma

I-129F November 2016 Filers

3,358 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, caputo said:

The DACA theory makes sense although a non-profit lawyer that works in the field that I recently spoke to didn't think that what was happening.  Is possible to see and track the DACA cases at CSC?  Has anyone done this?  Are their casebers/ receipt numbers the same as ours?  Thanks!

Amigo you would make a good investigative journalist.

1 minute ago, Reboot1 said:

Amigo you would make a good investigative journalist.

Thanks.  I have tried everything.  I have good questions but haven't found many good answers.  The lawyer I spoke does to immigration and DACA at a county-funded non-profit and didn't think that was it.  

Seems for sure that we would see the DACA case numbers if they are similar to ours, e.g. start with WAC.... 

It's possible that Obama doesn't want to cause a ruckus that would hurt the applicants and, so, is keeping it (DACA priority) out of the news, but I think this lawyer would have seen the positive (for his clients) results...

If anybody has seen DACA case numbers, please let us know.

I wonder how many people here are in driving distance of CSC?   I am six or seven hours away....

Timeline
11 minutes ago, caputo said:

Thanks.  I have tried everything.  I have good questions but haven't found many good answers.  The lawyer I spoke does to immigration and DACA at a county-funded non-profit and didn't think that was it.  

Seems for sure that we would see the DACA case numbers if they are similar to ours, e.g. start with WAC.... 

It's possible that Obama doesn't want to cause a ruckus that would hurt the applicants and, so, is keeping it (DACA priority) out of the news, but I think this lawyer would have seen the positive (for his clients) results...

If anybody has seen DACA case numbers, please let us know.

I wonder how many people here are in driving distance of CSC?   I am six or seven hours away....

My thoughts exactly....lets fund an trip to investigate where the California sausage gets made.

Timeline

I talked to an immigration contractor today who told me that there was a surge in petitions specifically from the Philippines when Trump won the election. The reason we can only guess, but the odd relationship between the two countries as of late may have been one of the reasons. She was surprised because the rumor was that there would be more DACA applications submitted, but that wasn't the case as far as she knows. She doesn't work K1 petitions, but knows that those who do so have been told to be very careful due to some perceived lax attitudes at the embassies approving K1's especially when a non-biological child is involved. She said that not many of her coworkers took vacation during the holidays as only one person per team can be on vacation at a time and you can only request it every other year due to caseload concerns and fairness. She will attempt to look into why some December cases have been approved when some November and October cases have not been reviewed at all, but did say that some IO's are better producers than others. As a side note she was brought in August with six others from other federal agencies to help out with the holidays, but doesn't know how long she will be assigned there. 

11/18/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/19/16 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/28/16 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC

12/02/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline

Does anyone feel that this part of the process (or the entire process) is a lot of anxiety on the part of the petitioner rather than the beneficiary or shared stress? I understand that everyone is different, but it seems most people in this group  watching and fretting over the wait are in the former group and not the latter group. Plus as Americans maybe we just have more invested because they are there and we are here where it would be reversed if we were immigrating to their countries? Just a thought. 

11/18/16 - I-129F Package sent!

11/19/16 - Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/28/16 - NOA1 SMS/Email - Routed to CSC

12/02/16 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

Timeline

Anyone else missing their fiancees? Ugh. Love sucks LOL.

6 minutes ago, Ybhamster said:

I talked to an immigration contractor today who told me that there was a surge in petitions specifically from the Philippines when Trump won the election. The reason we can only guess, but the odd relationship between the two countries as of late may have been one of the reasons. She was surprised because the rumor was that there would be more DACA applications submitted, but that wasn't the case as far as she knows. She doesn't work K1 petitions, but knows that those who do so have been told to be very careful due to some perceived lax attitudes at the embassies approving K1's especially when a non-biological child is involved. She said that not many of her coworkers took vacation during the holidays as only one person per team can be on vacation at a time and you can only request it every other year due to caseload concerns and fairness. She will attempt to look into why some December cases have been approved when some November and October cases have not been reviewed at all, but did say that some IO's are better producers than others. As a side note she was brought in August with six others from other federal agencies to help out with the holidays, but doesn't know how long she will be assigned there. 

Thank you on behalf of us all YBhamster. Any info to clear some of the fog would be very welcome. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Reboot1 said:

Thank you on behalf of us all YBhamster. Any info to clear some of the fog would be very welcome. 

As much as I like the information provided by Ybhamster.. I feel like it didn't clarified my unknowns even a bit..

Alright.. There was a surge in applications from Philippines b/c of Trump.. so what? what does this has anything to do with such poor USCIS performance on K1 application processing? As of right now USCIS approves about 5 petitions per week.. whereas 2-3 month ago they used to process 5+ pettitions per day. On top of this you're saying that vacation isn't a reason for the slowness.:o

Am I missing something? Filling fees went up while their performance is getting just as bad as it was 3-4 years ago

Please don't ask her why there was that one odd December petition approved.. There are a lot more useful questions you can ask her than this...

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Ybhamster said:

Does anyone feel that this part of the process (or the entire process) is a lot of anxiety on the part of the petitioner rather than the beneficiary or shared stress? I understand that everyone is different, but it seems most people in this group  watching and fretting over the wait are in the former group and not the latter group. Plus as Americans maybe we just have more invested because they are there and we are here where it would be reversed if we were immigrating to their countries? Just a thought. 

Oh exactly, my Fiancee in the Philippines is just like "ok let's just wait" Meanwhile my butt is on this board nearly every waking moment for those who haven't noticed.

But soon the flip-flop will be on the other foot. 

Once I-129F approved the ball is in their (foreigner's court).

Interview for them is a large source of anxiety.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ybhamster said:

If the cause was a surge of applications, we should still be seeing approvals.  Even though they would occur at a slower pace.  However, we are only seeing approvals now for those that already had RFEs.  I feel it is ridiculous that we have to guess at the cause and even worse, guess when they will start processing again.

9 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

Is this what you are thinking?

:lol:

Jim

9 minutes ago, JimJesDuma said:

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

Yes, but it is almost guaranteed to have no effect, so it would be hard to ask people that lived more that an hour away to show up.  Would soak up some excess energy, though... :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, CAandLI said:

If the cause was a surge of applications, we should still be seeing approvals.  Even though they would occur at a slower pace.  However, we are only seeing approvals now for those that already had RFEs.  I feel it is ridiculous that we have to guess at the cause and even worse, guess when they will start processing again.

Exactly!

i-751 SRC timeline:

Spoiler
  • 10-30-2019:  I-751 packet received
  • 12-??-2019:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 01-??-2020:   Missed bio appointment 
  • 03-10-2020:  Biometrics completed
  • 03-11-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-28-2020:  Case status changed to “New Card Is Being Produced” 
  • 05-29-2020:  Case status changed to “Case Was Approved”  

33 minutes ago, Reboot1 said:

I feel like I'm having a panic attack ?. Thanks for this useful info. 

ROC Process:

07.07.2020: I-751 Mailed

07.10.2020: NOA

08.04.2020: Biometrics (Re-used From 2017)

11.23.2021: Received 24 Months Extension

00.00.2022: Awaiting Interview/Approval

Timeline
3 minutes ago, vogann said:

As much as I like the information provided by Ybhamster.. I feel like it didn't clarified my unknowns even a bit..

Alright.. There was a surge in applications from Philippines b/c of Trump.. so what? what does this has anything to do with such poor USCIS performance on K1 application processing? As of right now USCIS approves about 5 petitions per week.. whereas 2-3 month ago they used to process 5+ pettitions per day. On top of this you're saying that vacation isn't a reason for the slowness.:o

Am I missing something? Filling fees went up while their performance is getting just as bad as it was 3-4 years ago

Please don't ask her why there was that one odd December petition approved.. There are a lot more useful questions you can ask her than this...

The Philippine President had some disagreements with Obama called him some names. Talked of cutting off certain military and economic ties with America and wanted to focus with China and Russia instead. 

Trump added later that countries with muslims could have terrorist and therefore should be heavily vetted or restricted from coming to USA all together,well there are terrorist muslims in the Philippines known as ABU Sayef.  These two things combined caused some concern as to if Filipino's would be able to come to the USA. In my opinion this is just chest puffing on all sides. I don't see a huge number of K-1 filers from the Philippines because of this issue. It was zero factor in my filing the I-129F. I can track to see how many Nov and Dec filers are from the Philippines but even if they are a lot as you say USCIS is not working them no mater where they are from.

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.