goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
13 hours ago, Beatriz and Luis said:

Omg why is that???? You didnt send it correctly or what happened???

im sorry! 

We sent everything right and in order

they said his birth certificate is not acceptable and you have to send a new one

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Kattikiarash said:

We sent everything right and in order

they said his birth certificate is not acceptable and you have to send a new one

Can you explain more please? Just asking because my birth certificate is from Iran as well. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
50 minutes ago, letitgo said:

Can you explain more please? Just asking because my birth certificate is from Iran as well. Thanks!

Can you believe that after calling nvc three times today, I don't know myself why they are asking me to send the ' identification card ' again?

they just kept repeating that it says here that you need to send us the identification card

i said that you already have it in my files, the lady said do you want a supervisor to Check it? I said yes please, 

i said how long will it take? She said up to 6 weeks 

the only doubt that I have is that maybe, they need the new 'shenasname' since when i sent my husband's docs, he didn't have the new one but now he does...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

An update. We received NVC questions June 6 2017. Took us some time to gather all that papers again. First scan date is July 30 2017. We received a checklist Sept. 17. My police report was like 10 months old. I blame myself now for taking the risk. We will ask for a new report and will have to wait longer. We're on holidays now in France. We stay in the day and have confidence we'll get there.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Kattikiarash said:

Can you believe that after calling nvc three times today, I don't know myself why they are asking me to send the ' identification card ' again?

they just kept repeating that it says here that you need to send us the identification card

i said that you already have it in my files, the lady said do you want a supervisor to Check it? I said yes please, 

i said how long will it take? She said up to 6 weeks 

the only doubt that I have is that maybe, they need the new 'shenasname' since when i sent my husband's docs, he didn't have the new one but now he does...

Hmm, strange... I have only old one and sent them the translation. For the interview they are asking the original and the translation. But I'm not sure if it matters with the new shenasnameh? I even don't have that:(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Scan date Aug 8, case complete Sept 21. I am so happy that we made it through NVC ...and so far..so good...without any RFE:s. Talked to NVC an hour ago and the sweet woman I talked to confirmed case complete and that they will notify me when an interview at the Embassy in Stockholm is available...it feels so unreal that we actually made it so far...:)..and we are both so happy..:)..but VISA-journey "family" is just awesome! So many good tip and advice..I will always be grateful for all the good info we have gotten here...thank you all! ..We might have done some mistakes here and there anyway..unfortunately ...but for now and have a case complete makes it all so good. I wish you all the best and good luck! Our case were sent to Potomac and I really think that was good. I wish you all the best and hope you all get a case complete at NVC very soon and can move on to the medical and the interview. Have a good Friday guys! 

Edited by RB&CB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, RB&CB said:

Scan date Aug 8, case complete Sept 21. I am so happy that we made it through NVC ...and so far..so good...without any RFE:s. Talked to NVC an hour ago and the sweet woman I talked to confirmed case complete and that they will notify me when an interview at the Embassy in Stockholm is available...it feels so unreal that we actually made it so far...:)..and we are both so happy..:)..but VISA-journey "family" is just awesome! So many good tip and advice..I will always be grateful for all the good info we have gotten here...thank you all! ..We might have done some mistakes here and there anyway..unfortunately ...but for now and have a case complete makes it all so good. I wish you all the best and good luck! Our case were sent to Potomac and I really think that was good. I wish you all the best and hope you all get a case complete at NVC very soon and can move on to the medical and the interview. Have a good Friday guys! 

Wownthat 

3 hours ago, RB&CB said:

Wow that was super fast! Less than 7 weeks! Did you request an expedite? 

Today it marks 7 weeks since they recived our package and no news yet. 

Good luck in your interview, keep us posted! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all!! Update

We had our interview on 13th september and got approved. Glad that the long process is finally over :) . Although our uscis approval got delayed, we were lucky enough to have a  super speedy NVC stage. Good luck to all who are yet to finish off their process!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hii everyone! 

Our case was just completed last friday and i found out an hr ago!!

now waiting for an interview date 😃

It took exactly 7 weeks for our case to be approved!!! So so so so happy!! I hope i can be reunited with my husband by the holidays 🎉

I just got off the phone with NVC and they told me I have a CC now all I have to do is wait for the interview date!!! Exactly 2 weeks to date it took! Thank God for electronic (email) processing! 

Had my medical interview today in London! Was an intense process - and need to go back for extra tests to make sure I'm TB free (i've been vaccinated since 15y/o) - which can take 6-8 weeks to be completed! :(

I've been advised to still go to my interview on the 24th Oct, but that the visa won't be issued until the results are back! Really upset about this...

I have two passports. Does anyone know, if you can travel to the States on another passport while they hold yours to add the Visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ldn2Chicago said:

Had my medical interview today in London! Was an intense process - and need to go back for extra tests to make sure I'm TB free (i've been vaccinated since 15y/o) - which can take 6-8 weeks to be completed! :(

I've been advised to still go to my interview on the 24th Oct, but that the visa won't be issued until the results are back! Really upset about this...

I have two passports. Does anyone know, if you can travel to the States on another passport while they hold yours to add the Visa?

yes that s correct your visa won't issued until they get the results.

no you don't want to take that chance, you cant just wait one month? it only take a month. that not bed.

13 hours ago, nyokie said:

yes that s correct your visa won't issued until they get the results.

no you don't want to take that chance, you cant just wait one month? it only take a month. that not bed.

We want to spend Thanksgiving together - it will take 6-8 weeks which pushes us into December before the visa is issued! so we've contacted the embassy to see what can be done!

Timeline

Had my immigration medical completed on Thursday in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas. Super easy. Urine test, blood draw and chesy xray. Make sure you bring a passport like photo, your passport and vaccination record. I didnt go to my doctor to get the vaccine record because I had a record from Occ Health at work and that was fine. I shouls have my packaged couriered back to Manitoba by next week they said. One step closer!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.