goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Hello. 

I am fairly new to this forum and did want to ask couple of questions. Me and my brother we live in USA and a green card holders, on 2nd OCT 2016 i filed form i-130 with all the required documents for my wife who is currenlty living in Pakistan. I received an email on 13th OCT 2016 says"USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION" Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

I waited 15 days but didn't receivce anything then i checked my case status and it says "Document Was Returned To USCIS. On November 4, 2016, the Post Office returned your document to us. We will hold your document for 180 days or until May 3, 2017. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the document to you. If you do not submit an online request by May 3, 2017, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with fee. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I contacted them and requested the form to be sent out again and on November 23rd 2016 i was able to receive the form I-797 that had the details of the payment and documents that i submitted to USCIS.

On the other hand my brother submitted the same documents for his wife a week before me and he didn't have any issues. His documents were accepted and he didn't have to contact them.

Since ever i have received a last item in mail by USCIS i have not heard anything back form them and my case status still shows the same that my document was returned. But! 3 weeks a ago my brother receives a letter from USCIS by mail says" your case has been approved and it is now directed to NVC, after couple of days he receives an email from NVC says that they have received his case and they have given him the case number and USCIS account number and all and then after couple of days he receives another email from NVC in which they want him to submit some pieces of documents which includes police report for his wife, Tax return, affidavit of support etc and once all these documents are submitted to NVC and accepted then they will go ahead and schedule a time for interview for his wife at American embassy Islamabad Pakistan"

Now I have not received anything from USCIS so far  not even approval letter or anything. There is not much of time difference between when we both filed our form i-130's. I was wondering that what step should i take at this point? Should i continue waiting or should i contact USCIS? I am not sure what to do and i am so worried about it. If anyone can suggest anything who has the same experience then it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the long note i thought details will help understand the scenario.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the latest approval date of I-130 F2A for California Service center ?  

i mean which case are being approved now a days ? Please help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hiiii

so i sent out my docs to NVC on Aug 2nd I believe, but got a REF after 6 weeks, saying that we have to send out my husband's Identification card once more ( although we had already sent it , they requested it again) I sent it and they got it on Oct 4th... now I dont know how long will it take for them to review our docs and let us know about the interview date....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Kattikiarash said:

Hiiii

so i sent out my docs to NVC on Aug 2nd I believe, but got a REF after 6 weeks, saying that we have to send out my husband's Identification card once more ( although we had already sent it , they requested it again) I sent it and they got it on Oct 4th... now I dont know how long will it take for them to review our docs and let us know about the interview date....

I am sorry to tell you this but start counting 11 weeks again because they reset your clock all over again. :(  and for an interview its depend on which country, some is 1-2 months or more

Edited by nyokie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyokie said:

I am sorry to tell you this but start counting 11 weeks again because they reset your clock all over again. :(  and for an interview its depend on which country, some is 1-2 months or more

Oh my Goddddd!!!!!!

what if i ask for a supervisor's review? will that be quicker? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kattikiarash said:

Oh my Goddddd!!!!!!

what if i ask for a supervisor's review? will that be quicker? 

nope that don't work like that and it can't be review until 11 weeks but pray it don't be 11 just 7-8 weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All!

My wife and I had the interview on October 2nd at the Bogota Embassy. I happened to be there in Colombia for a planned trip so we went together. It was the easiest thing ever and the actual interview took 4 minutes. They asked her how did we meet as well as how long we have been together. VISA APPROVED.

Her visa was ready for pickup 3 days later at the courier that we selected. She has VISA in hand and is flying to US on Tuesday. I cannot believe this process is finally over, it is crazy to think that 12 months has passed. We filed October 28th.

I wish you all the very best of luck as you finalize your processes and get with your loved ones. This thread and website has helped me so much with so many different things and I am very thankful for that.

all the best,

Daniel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/13/2017 at 7:25 PM, Djodrey said:

Hello All!

My wife and I had the interview on October 2nd at the Bogota Embassy. I happened to be there in Colombia for a planned trip so we went together. It was the easiest thing ever and the actual interview took 4 minutes. They asked her how did we meet as well as how long we have been together. VISA APPROVED.

Her visa was ready for pickup 3 days later at the courier that we selected. She has VISA in hand and is flying to US on Tuesday. I cannot believe this process is finally over, it is crazy to think that 12 months has passed. We filed October 28th.

I wish you all the very best of luck as you finalize your processes and get with your loved ones. This thread and website has helped me so much with so many different things and I am very thankful for that.

all the best,

Daniel

Does your spouse live in Bogota? Mine lives in Medellin. Once we get to this part in the process we're trying to determine how much time we'll need in Bogota. PD May 26 with Nebraska. Hopefully we'll be at the interview stage come May 2018.....

Timeline
16 minutes ago, adnanamjad1 said:

Case Approved!!

PD- 10/11/2016
Center- CSC
Approval Notice- 10/16/2017

Just received my approval notice after a year. Patience is the only key people. I wish yall luck, waiting is the worst time.

Congratulations 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my interview on October 23rd in Montreal. After nearly passing out from nervousness in the waiting area... literally had a butt sweat stain on the seat... it went fine! I was worrying since the laminated sheet said I needed the original affidavit of support and I only had a printed off copy of that and a copy of my hbs w2s etc. But all my documents were fine. 

My questions in the interview were: 

How did you meet (gave date and where)

What happened next (gave more details)

What does he do (works like 4 jobs so explained them all)

When did you get married (got married exactly a year from when we met plus got married where we met) 

How often do you visit/see each other (ive visited 8 times since we met... him 3 times... i have a better schedule off work)

How long was your longest visit (one month) 

The interviewer though us getting married where we met exactly as year later was sweet so that seemed to help. Then got handed a letter greeting me to the USA. Had to laugh because the interviewer began the interview by apologizing for being sick... when I actually had mostly lost my voice because I was sick. My passport was shipped today back to me. I got to the consulate at 840 and my time was scheduled for 900. I waited til like 1000 for my document check then only 10 more mins for the interview. Just relax. Breath. You will be ok!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, carriiej said:

Had my interview on October 23rd in Montreal. After nearly passing out from nervousness in the waiting area... literally had a butt sweat stain on the seat... it went fine! I was worrying since the laminated sheet said I needed the original affidavit of support and I only had a printed off copy of that and a copy of my hbs w2s etc. But all my documents were fine. 

My questions in the interview were: 

How did you meet (gave date and where)

What happened next (gave more details)

What does he do (works like 4 jobs so explained them all)

When did you get married (got married exactly a year from when we met plus got married where we met) 

How often do you visit/see each other (ive visited 8 times since we met... him 3 times... i have a better schedule off work)

How long was your longest visit (one month) 

The interviewer though us getting married where we met exactly as year later was sweet so that seemed to help. Then got handed a letter greeting me to the USA. Had to laugh because the interviewer began the interview by apologizing for being sick... when I actually had mostly lost my voice because I was sick. My passport was shipped today back to me. I got to the consulate at 840 and my time was scheduled for 900. I waited til like 1000 for my document check then only 10 more mins for the interview. Just relax. Breath. You will be ok!!!

Congratulations! For us everything exactly as you explained, same embassy and all. The only thing is we didn't get visa and in administrative processing now... so sad

Dear All. Thank you for all your supports. I got my visa on 10/30/2017 and I’ll arrive in US 11/1/2017. No words could explain how happy my feelings are and think that I will meet and reunited with my husband soon. 

For the rest of us who are still waiting, keep have a faith that God will speed up and give the best for all of you. 

Thank you again guys! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.