27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just uncovered a few hours ago that my engagement was fraudulent.

I have in my possession months of recent text messages between my foreign fiance' and her best friend conspiring to use me strictly for immigration purposes.

Recently I discovered that she realized I was on to her and thus has "jumped ship" and started trying with another American.

I don't know what my options are and what I should do in this situation as I've never been in this situation before.

What should I do and how do I report her to immigration?

Edited by orp967

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-242

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Post moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits. Topic is better suited for this part of the forum, where similar situations are discussed

Is she in the US?

If not then there is absolutely nothing you can do. It sucks but she can find another USC. Let it go.

If she IS in the US, then here path to a GC is extremely limited if not nonexistant. Her visa was to marry YOU in 90 days. Your name is even on the visa in her passport. After 90 days she will be out of status and will be ultimately venturing into illegal immigrant territory. Even if she finds another USC to marry she would have violated the rules of her current visa. She will not be able to adjust status to a permanent resident based on a marriage to another USC. She would have to leave the States and start the process of a spousal visa.

So basically you are off the hook for any support for her.

Use the information above to report her to ICE to take action to prevent her from scamming another person.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just uncovered a few hours ago that my engagement was fraudulent.

I have in my possession months of recent text messages between my foreign fiance' and her best friend conspiring to use me strictly for immigration purposes.

Recently I discovered that she realized I was on to her and thus has "jumped ship" and started trying with another American.

I don't know what my options are and what I should do in this situation as I've never been in this situation before.

What should I do and how do I report her to immigration?

Om my I'm so sorry to hear that. There are a few bad among the good.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually when you withdraw the petition write a letter saying why you are withdrawing the petition and supply the evidence you have.

If she is ever petitioned again this will come up and may cause problems. She has to mention all previous petitions that have been filed for her.

If you tried to contact the new guy she will just convince him you're a burned ex out to get her.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

If she has a valid tourist visa to the US then it will be 10 times more difficult to prevent her from scamming another USC.

She can pretty much do her "husband shopping" with greater ease.

Actually when you withdraw the petition write a letter saying why you are withdrawing the petition and supply the evidence you have.

If she is ever petitioned again this will come up and may cause problems. She has to mention all previous petitions that have been filed for her.

If you tried to contact the new guy she will just convince him you're a burned ex out to get her.

With a tourist visa she can bypass another K1 visa. She can potentially find another USC, come to the US marry, and adjust.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Timeline

It will all catch up to her some day. Good you found out, Now time to move on and if you can, drop a note to the new guy if you have his info. He may or may not take you serious but at least he will be forewarned.

You talk you teach, you listen you learn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There is nothing you can do other than to report her. Honestly USCIS has bigger fish to fry and most likely nothing will ever happen. She will move on to the next sucker and end up in the US in no time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

orp967 I applaud you for being vigilant and open minded enough to save yourself from a personal disaster. Love can be blind and others in the same situation may have not caught on. Well done! Like others have stated before, there is little or nothing you can do. Time to move on and let karma do its thing. .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.