dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2016

1,105 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys,

Since you guys just finish with NVC I thought it might be good idea to ask you guys this question.

I just submitted AOS & IV documents for my spouse (CR1 visa). While filling out I-864 (Affidavit of Support) I missed couple things so I printed it out and hand wrote the missing things. I heard that the brocade on the bottom of each sheet will not catch the things that I have hand written. Is this going to be an issue? Will I get check list for writing with pen and typing on the same form?

Thank You for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

POE went smoothly, my husband landed in Miami and was outside in 30 minutes after landing, waiting on me to pick him up, I was late. He asked the officer to change the visa category from CR-1 to IR-1 since we waited until after our second anniversary. At first the officer said no, but after opening the visa package, he said he would do it and stamped and wrote in the passport the correct category. Miami is usually so busy, but it was the day before the holiday and a Sunday so that may have played a part. I am so glad to be done with this part of the journey. We will file for the children soon, so another USCIS process to go through, but I am more knowledgeable now thanks to all the help and research on this site. I don't think I would have made it without the help from the experts here. Thanks so much and good luck to each of you still going through the process. It is so worth it in the end. We are still in that surreal state, I can't believe he is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Guys,

Since you guys just finish with NVC I thought it might be good idea to ask you guys this question.

I just submitted AOS & IV documents for my spouse (CR1 visa). While filling out I-864 (Affidavit of Support) I missed couple things so I printed it out and hand wrote the missing things. I heard that the brocade on the bottom of each sheet will not catch the things that I have hand written. Is this going to be an issue? Will I get check list for writing with pen and typing on the same form?

Thank You for your help.

Nope no issue.

I had to hand write N/A on my AOS and case completed without any issues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

no more interview dates from people who got CC on June 14 or later? I heard some embassies are really backlogged...

Met in high school 14-Feb-2008 (L)

Married: 20-Oct-2011

Petitioned: 09-Nov-2015

Petition Approved: 24-Mar-2016

Sent IV package: 26-May-2016

Case Complete at NVC: 27-Jun-2016 (30 days)

Interview Date Assigned: 31-Aug-2016

Appointment Letter Received: 04-Sep-2016

Interview Date: 19-Oct-2016

Interview Result: PENDING B-):rolleyes: hoping for the best

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can you get to the luggage area to help, or need to wait outside? I am pretty sure it's the second, but interested, because my wife will fly with the two kids.

Depends if the final destination is her POE or not. If its her POE, then you cant go to the luggauge claim area. But if its not her POE (like she landed in some major airport and then flew to wherever you live) you should be able to meet her at the lugguage claim area. Mainly bacuase her final is not international in this case, its domestic flight.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Ok so today our status updated to ready then went back to AP. what does that mean, I thought it was suppose to be AP-Ready then Issue. I hope all is well. What do you guys think it means.

tks

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Ok so today our status updated to ready then went back to AP. what does that mean, I thought it was suppose to be AP-Ready then Issue. I hope all is well. What do you guys think it means.

tks

Ready-AP-ready-AP then issued!

Hey everyone,

tks

next update will be issued?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Ready-AP-ready-AP then issued!

next update will be issued?

I sure hope so tks for your reply.

(L) (L) (F) (F) Some peoples journey to love is harder than others, but when they reach their destination its definitely, definitely worth preserving. (F) (F) (L) (L)

event.png

blk-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In ceac site visa status showing READY,so does that mean it reached Consulate or is ready to be in transit to the Consulate? Is there anyway to know how many times my file is being opened before interview?

Met: Mid 2011

DATING: 4th NOVEMBER 2011 (F) :yes:

Engaged (USA): 30th APRIL 2014

Married( INDIA ): 20th MAY 2015 (L) (L)

VISA PROCESS BEGINS :cry:

USCIS JOURNEY :bonk:

I-130: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

PRIORITY DATE: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

SERVICE CENTER: NEBRASKA

RFE: 15th JANUARY 2016 :crying:

HARDCOPY RECEIVED: 28th JANUARY 2016(one passport size photo of my husband)

RFE SENT: 29th JANUARY 2016

RFE RECEIVED: 1st FEBRUARY 2016

I-130 APPROVED: 18th February 2016 (162days) :dancing:

NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED- 27th FEBRUARY 2016

NVC TIME :clock:

I-130 SENT TO NVC- 29th FEBRUARY 2016

Received Case and Invoice Number- 15th March 2016

SUBMITTED DS-261- 15th March 2016

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

PAY AOS BILL - 7th APRIL2016

PAY IV BILL - 23rd APRIL 2016

SEND (AOS+IV) PACKAGE - 4th MAY 2016

NVC RECEIVED - 9th MAY 2016

SCAN DATE - 9th MAY 2016 :clock:

CASE COMPLETE - 10th JUNE 2016 :dancing:

NVC CC EMAIL RECEIVED- 17th JUNE 2016

MUMBAI CONSULATE TIME :clock:

The Real Game Begins :shocked:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

BIOMETRICS - 29th JULY 2016

INTERVIEW - 1st AUGUST 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

READY FOR PICKUP AT KOLKATA - 3rd AUGUST 2016

VISA COLLECTED - 4th AUGUST 2016

USA TIME :wub:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

GREEN CARD- 30th NOVEMBER 2016

Hi Guys,

Does it matter where we do our POE at? If my final destination is Baltimore but I will land in Philly, is that ok? Also, I think our form states California as "Intended address" currently. Please share, thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Does it matter where we do our POE at? If my final destination is Baltimore but I will land in Philly, is that ok? Also, I think our form states California as "Intended address" currently. Please share, thanks!

Yes that is perfectly fine.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations to all with CC, Interview dates and those having interview this week. I just want to say that divine favour is your portion

Hi Okun. Guessing today is your interview. Wishing all the best and also waiting for your update.Go get that VISA APPROVAL

Congratulations to all with CC, Interview dates and those having interview this week. I just want to say that divine favour is your portion

Hi Okun. Guessing today is your interview. Wishing all the best and also waiting for your update.Go get that VISA APPROVAL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

In ceac site visa status showing READY,so does that mean it reached Consulate or is ready to be in transit to the Consulate? Is there anyway to know how many times my file is being opened before interview?

It means your package has reached the Mumbai Consulate and has been scanned into their system.

Sukie in NY

It means your package has reached the Mumbai Consulate and has been scanned into their system.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

No more new interview dates ?

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.