archosci3

please i need your urgent help and advise

42 posts in this topic

Begs the question why couldn't the owner of the money do this for themselves rather than bringing in a middle man?

It's a joint account so she can take it out if she wants to. No permission needed.

If you came on a visitor visa did you know her before getting here? How long for?

Maybe she is considering it as payment for getting you your green card. Uscis may look at the joint account and consider it this way as well.

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

none

Edited by Tomideosho

My AOS Timeline (From B1/B2):

2016-4-01: AOS Package mailed to USCIS (I-485, I-130, I-765)

2016-4-11 : Package received; NOA date

​2016-4-29: Received biometric appointment letter; appointment set on May 9th

2016-5-02: Completed biometric appointment as scheduled ( early Walk-in )

2016-6-20: Called USCIS customer service and make a service Request on the 75th Day for I-765

2016-6-23: I-765 status changed to "your new card is being produced;

2016-6-28: I-765 status changed to "card was mailed"

2016-7-01: I-765 status changed to "card was delivered to me by the post office"

2016-7-20: I-485 Status Changed to Test and Interview

none

What the heck?

You have 2 accounts with 2 different profiles here?

You are losing your Credibility here.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

i understand, i just want to stay anonymous for this issue . i dont wana use my other account to post thiis story cuz i dont know who is wattching .. my felllow VJ , kindly understand this is a critical issue that is affecting me .. i just need a relief

Timeline

iv decided to carry my cross and let it go and give her another chance... because this happened at the wrong time

and as a matter of fact, i didnt pay her for anything , we entered the marriage in goood faith to work something out and share our dreams and future together,iv been living with her ever since i came back and we have been doing well together.. though im not working at the moment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

It sure looks like you entered marriage in good faith. I don't think there's a single person here that doubts it.

Your question is not really related to immigration - if you think your (or somebody elses) $8k was stolen, go to the police. If you don't, the owner will and you'll be the guilty one.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to say that but I think you should forget about your Green Card, at least about getting it through the marriage...Try some different ways of getting your immigrant visa if you still want to live in the States. I mean after what you described, there is no true marriage to begin with, so yeah..it would be considered a fraud. Unless, she admits her mistake and you two can discuss it etc.

Sorry to say that but I think you should forget about your Green Card, at least about getting it through the marriage...Try some different ways of getting your immigrant visa if you still want to live in the States. I mean after what you described, there is no true marriage to begin with, so yeah..it would be considered a fraud. Unless, she admits her mistake and you two can discuss it etc.

Well, OP is already planning to join US military to get his US Citizenship :secret:

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I don't know if this is even a police matter since it's a joint account. Either party can withdraw money without permission. However, if she claims that she didn't withdraw the money, tell her that you will file a police report for theft, since you didn't do it and the money is gone. It must have been stolen. Then see what she says. I'm sure that she'll not want you to do that knowing that she is the one who took it.

Timeline

Mr analyst..dont be mean on here, i only seek an advise , i didnt ask for investigation on my question and i used diff account mainly cuz i dont know who is watching .. do u realise this is internet world which anytin can be looked up.

do u have any idea of car exportation to another country , where u pay for a car auction in another state cuz its cheaper and u are meant to ship the car to another country , this is business world.. im not working and i have to survive. even though all i gain from this logistics is a lil token , its still something for a man that aint working ..so that settled the fact that the money aint mine ..

when i met her, she told me her debt was 5000 and when she filled the last tax return , her money was taken to consolidate the debt. and as one of a genuinity of the marriage, i looked into other bill which she owe and i confirmed it with her and we both worked on us running the account together so we can both co mingling financies and she can pay them off

quiting the marriage is not an option because that will pose a red flag on me even though i try to go through the immigration again which im not willling to put that on top of myself.. so im left with the option of making it work and bear the risk or even go through a stress which i never planned for cuz all i want is just to be happy and live a good life with my wife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Having joint account doesnt mean you can withdraw money without the other person knowing nothing about it.. it is consider as stealing ..

No it means that both of your money is in a joint account and their for both of you to use. Sure, with big sums it might be a good idea to talk about it. But no, it's not stealing because you both have access to the money.

Mr analyst..dont be mean on here, i only seek an advise , i didnt ask for investigation on my question and i used diff account mainly cuz i dont know who is watching .. do u realise this is internet world which anytin can be looked up.

do u have any idea of car exportation to another country , where u pay for a car auction in another state cuz its cheaper and u are meant to ship the car to another country , this is business world.. im not working and i have to survive. even though all i gain from this logistics is a lil token , its still something for a man that aint working ..so that settled the fact that the money aint mine ..

when i met her, she told me her debt was 5000 and when she filled the last tax return , her money was taken to consolidate the debt. and as one of a genuinity of the marriage, i looked into other bill which she owe and i confirmed it with her and we both worked on us running the account together so we can both co mingling financies and she can pay them off

quiting the marriage is not an option because that will pose a red flag on me even though i try to go through the immigration again which im not willling to put that on top of myself.. so im left with the option of making it work and bear the risk or even go through a stress which i never planned for cuz all i want is just to be happy and live a good life with my wife

When you use one account to post the problem and the other account to give yourself advice it kind of makes you look a lot like a troll.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.