600 posts in this topic

It does not set you back. If it doesn't get processed before the I-130, it is automatically abandoned though.

This is what I heard too. Hmm. Have you had your interview yet? Excitinggggg! :D

Hello everyone! :) I also filed for my wife's I-130 past week. Mailed the packet on May 17th , & Phoenix Lockbox received it on May 19th, although I didn't receive the e-mail till today that they've received it & it's been sent to Nebraska Service Center. Let's all help each other out out through this long & tedious

Welcome Khiladi!

We were sent to Nebraska too! :D Our timelines are quite close! Youre a day or two ahead - thats exciting! I'll be sure to be watching your journey! :D x

OUR STORY ♡

Jun 08, 2015: Hubby moved to Australia on a one year Working Holiday Visa (WHV)

Jan 05, 2016: We got married in Australia ?

May 17, 2016: Hubby moved back to New York

Sept - Nov 2016: Trip to visit Hubby on VWP!

OUR CR1 VISA JOURNEY ♡

May 19, 2016: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 20, 2016: USPS acknowledged delivery

May 20, 2016: USCIS received I-130

May 25, 2016: Check cashed by USCIS

May 25, 2016: Received NOA1 via email

Service Center: NEBRASKA SC

May 31, 2016: Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 18, 2016: I-130 transferred to TEXAS SC

Nov 10, 2016: I-130 APPROVED

..........PENDING..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi ppl, got so excited after reading filings of May 2016. Superb. I will do it in the end of June. Ahhh looks like a marathon run ;). Could you plz guide me about the pictures as the supporting documents...did u guys submit pics in the glaze papers from the photography shop or just took colored print outs? We have been married for almost two years and we have thousand of pics from so many trips...itz so convenient to take pics from your own colored printer.....it will increase the weight of the package big time. Any suggestions:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi ppl, got so excited after reading filings of May 2016. Superb. I will do it in the end of June. Ahhh looks like a marathon run ;). Could you plz guide me about the pictures as the supporting documents...did u guys submit pics in the glaze papers from the photography shop or just took colored print outs? We have been married for almost two years and we have thousand of pics from so many trips...itz so convenient to take pics from your own colored printer.....it will increase the weight of the package big time. Any suggestions:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I totally dislike using this website from my cell.

Any 5657 I print pictures from before we got marries wedding pictures and from our Honeymoon. All printed at home, I don't think they care about the quality, plus you will have the opportunity to take the original to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't suggest overwhelming them with photos, especially if you have some other bona fide evidence that's solid. We went 3 pages of photos with 4 photos per page. The first 2 pages were from travel all over the world and including some family. The last page was of the wedding. We just printed it with a color laser. I don't think they really care much at this stage.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Hi Ani! :)

I agree with what Yoel and Astro said! I sent like 4/5 pages of photos - about 6 photos a page. We copied and pasted them into Word doc ans just printed them at home. Super easy - no fuss! :) Goodluck with your journey! :) xxx

OUR STORY ♡

OUR CR1 VISA JOURNEY ♡

Timeline

This is what I heard too. Hmm. Have you had your interview yet? Excitinggggg! :D

Welcome Khiladi!

We were sent to Nebraska too! :D Our timelines are quite close! Youre a day or two ahead - thats exciting! I'll be sure to be watching your journey! :D x

Thanks Mrs Rogers. Yes, seems like our timelines are only 1 day apart :D ... exciting

Hi ani5657, I also included pictures in my file... I did about 3 - 4 pictures per page, and had several pages of pictures. I also included 1 - 2 line description of the picture, like where it was taken, and who's in it.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HI ALL,

Hope we all get approved soon

Service Center :Potomac Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Egypt

Marriage (if applicable):2016-02-04

I-130 Sent :2016-05-13

I-130 NOA1 :2016-05-19

NOA1 (Hardcopy) :2016-5-24

Anyone else his petition routed to Potomac?

ELHAMDULLAH I'm very hopeful

Edited by Ahmed.helana

Timeline

Hey there:) , thanks for guiding me Yoel, astrocanada, mrs rogers and mr and mrs khiladi. I would have nearly done the mistake. Actually we do not have two major things :the joint bank account and my name in his health insurance card. What we have is marriage certificate, two affidavits from friends, letters of support from friends, letter from company to have joint residence, boarding passes from trips and finally pictures. We have our own bank accounts as we work in different companies. We tried hard to get a joint account but could not open it. So, im little skeptical.Any input on this is most welcome:).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi May filers!

We received email from USCIS that they have received our case on May 26th via email. Still waiting for the physical NOA.

Praying for smooth journey! ???

Our IR-1 Journey

05/20/2016 : Submit our I130 packet

05/23/2016 : NOA1 by Email & Text

05/28/2016 : NOA1 Hardcopy

10/12/2016 : Transferred to Texas Service Centre

10/26/2016 : Approved!???

11/08/2016 : Case sent to Department of State

11/15/2016 : NVC Received

11/23/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

11/23/2016 : Submit DS-261

11/25/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC & AOS fee invoiced

11/26/2016. : Pay AOS Fee

12/01/2016 : IV fee invoiced

12/01/2016 : Pay IV fee

12/05/2016 : Submit DS-260 online

12/09/2016 : Mail AOS & IV packet

HI ALL,

Hope we all get approved soon

Service Center :Potomac Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate :Egypt

Marriage (if applicable):2016-02-04

I-130 Sent :2016-05-13

I-130 NOA1 :2016-05-19

NOA1 (Hardcopy) :2016-5-24

Anyone else his petition routed to Potomac?

ELHAMDULLAH I'm very hopeful

Welcome Ahmed!

Ooh! Potomac! You're the first one I've seen transferred there in May. I was sent to Nebraska, as was alot of other May filers :) Let us know how it goes there! :)

Hey there:) , thanks for guiding me Yoel, astrocanada, mrs rogers and mr and mrs khiladi. I would have nearly done the mistake. Actually we do not have two major things :the joint bank account and my name in his health insurance card. What we have is marriage certificate, two affidavits from friends, letters of support from friends, letter from company to have joint residence, boarding passes from trips and finally pictures. We have our own bank accounts as we work in different companies. We tried hard to get a joint account but could not open it. So, im little skeptical.Any input on this is most welcome:).

Hi again Ani! :)

I think you have alot of good evidence :) Not everyone could open joint bank accounts and I have seen many cases where people were approved without having one! As long as your other evidence is strong! Your letter of joint residence is great! My landlord wouldn't add my husband to mine. So annoying. We made sure that everything came from one address to establish shared residence. We do have a shared bank account though, so we had rent come out from this account :) Boarding passes from trips to see him or trips together is great! Any receipts or tickets? Movie tickets etc. Any letters sent to you guys from family or friends abroad? Definitely include any cards or letters sent to one another. Also - do you have chat logs? Maybe send in a few screenshots. Hmm you have some strong evidence. If you would like to know what I sent or want some advice etc, send ne a message! I'll be more than willing to send you what I sent. Everyone's case is different though! :)

Hi May filers!

We received email from USCIS that they have received our case on May 26th via email. Still waiting for the physical NOA.

Praying for smooth journey! ???

Hi there! Welcome to May filers wooo!

Im still waiting for my physical copy too! We got our NOA1 via email - so hopefully the hard copy shows up soon :) Which service center were you sent to? :)

OUR STORY ♡

OUR CR1 VISA JOURNEY ♡

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the page, my petition packet just arrived at the lockbox this morning! So I'll sort of be a May/June filer :)

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Our revised packet was signed for at the Chicago Lockbox this morning so am hoping for a May priority date.

Hopefully its a case of 2nd time lucky for us!

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Our revised packet was signed for at the Chicago Lockbox this morning so am hoping for a May priority date.

Hopefully its a case of 2nd time lucky for us!

Welcome zach21uk

What do you mean about ( its a case of 2nd time lucky for us!)?

Tell us your experience please

Welcome again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.