600 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

This is the status format I was referring to, where it shows all of the steps. However, I think this might be an old format, replaced by the current more simple one.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HMDKm0yLo5o/maxresdefault.jpg

If you actually register an account on the new USCIS website, you can add your case to your account and setup email and text alerts when there are status updates. Then you can click into the case and view the last 5 actions on the case. I am attaching screenshots. Obviously my Case History is empty right now as the case was only just accepted. But for example, once NOA2 is sent out it would be updated or if they require more information it'd say they've sent a Request, etc etc.

post-233242-0-90783000-1465541212_thumb.png

post-233242-0-49309800-1465541219_thumb.png

January 15th 2012: Met my future wife online.

November 12th 2014: Married in Paphos, Cyprus.

April 25th 2016: I-130 mailed to Chicago Lockbox.

May 20th 2016: I-130 returned due to problems with check.

May 23rd 2016: I-130 mailed to relative in California to insert check.

May 25th 2016: I-130 received by relative and forwarded to Chicago lockbox with check.

May 31st 2016: I-130 signed for at Chicago Lockbox via USPS.

June 4th 2016: NOA1 received by Email with May 31st acceptance date.

June 18th 2016: NOA1 hard copy received in mail - case sent to the Nebraska Service Center.

October 18th 2016: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

November 23rd 2016: Contacted State Senator (Marco Rubio) to ask for assistance.

December 19th 2016: Marco Rubios' office replied.

December 30th 2016: NOA2 Received by Email. Case Approved.

January 8th 2017: Case sent to Department of State (NVC)

January 19th 2017: Case Received by NVCNVC case number assigned. Invoice ID number received.

January 20th 2017: DS-261 completed online and AOS fees of $120.00 paid.

January 31st 2017: IV fee of $320.00 paid.

February 22nd 2017: Documents recieved by NVC (FedEx confirmation).

April 28th 2017: NVC case approved. Awaiting Interview Scheduling at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus (9 weeks, 2 days after documents received).

May 3rd 2017: Interview scheduled at US Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus for June 9th 2017  (5 days after NVC case approved).

June 9th 2017: Embassy Interview. APPROVED! Passport ready for collection in 5 working days! Flights booked! (on flexible tickets).

June 16th 2017: Passport back from US Embassy.  Flying to JFK on June 20th!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! Not sure if I'm technically April or May, but we filed our AOS packet on the 27th of April, and we got the text/email alert for our NOA1 on May 5th. Our packet went to the National Benefits Center. We got our biometrics letter 2 weeks after and my SO had his Biometrics appointment on the 27th of May. I guess now we are just waiting for the EAD? Anyone else's stuff gone to the NBC? What's the wait time for it?

***EDIT**** I just realized I already posted in this thread earlier, I guess two threads got merged. Sorry for the confusion!

Edited by pudgypandas

April 27th, 2016: Sent AOS packet [Day 0]

May 5th: NOA1 [Day 8]

May 13th: Biometrics Letter [Day 16]

May 27th: Biometrics Appointment [Day 30]

June 6th: RFE notification for I-485 [Day 40- PAUSED]

June 15th: Accepted RFE response [Day 41]

June 27th: Case is ready for interview!!! [Day 53]

July 13th: 75 days waiting for EAD

July 23rd: EAD/i-131 processing/approved!

Timeline

Checking my status today, I noticed we got an RFE. U_U

I'm so bummed. :(

We did everything we could to make sure it was all okay....

also, can anyone tell me what this means?

"On April 28, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC1690969299, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 28, 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Does this refer to our NOA? or is this another thing they sent out? cause we haven't received anything besides the biometrics letter and our NOA1.

Edited by pudgypandas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello! Not sure if I'm technically April or May, but we filed our AOS packet on the 27th of April, and we got the text/email alert for our NOA1 on May 5th. Our packet went to the National Benefits Center. We got our biometrics letter 2 weeks after and my SO had his Biometrics appointment on the 27th of May. I guess now we are just waiting for the EAD? Anyone else's stuff gone to the NBC? What's the wait time for it?

Just to give you the heads up.

You're in the wrong forum. This forum is for persons filing only I-130.

You're filing for adjustment of status.

Timeline

Just to give you the heads up.

You're in the wrong forum. This forum is for persons filing only I-130.

You're filing for adjustment of status.

oh whoops.. sorry! I thought this was the right one. Can you direct me to the right form? because we never did the K1 visa... we just got married and started the AOS packet.

Edited by pudgypandas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

oh whoops.. sorry! I thought this was the right one. Can you direct me to the right form? because we never did the K1 visa... we just got married and started the AOS packet.

Here you go:

May 2016 AOS Filers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is the status format I was referring to, where it shows all of the steps. However, I think this might be an old format, replaced by the current more simple one.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HMDKm0yLo5o/maxresdefault.jpg

Yea, I think they only do two or three steps now? 1-Received 2-RFE (if needed) and 3-Approved/Denied

I haven't seen anyone post about other steps recently.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I know we have a lot of Nebraska filers in here, I just saw this notice on the USCIS news updates:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/nebraska-service-center-begin-processing-certain-form-i-918-cases

Nebraska Service Center to Begin Processing Certain Form I-918 Cases

In July, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will begin processing cases involving Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status. Sharing this workload with the Vermont Service Center (VSC) will balance workloads between centers and provide flexibility as USCIS works towards improving processing times, efficiency and customer service to this victim population. USCIS will implement the transition in phases, which will allow NSC officers to receive specialized training and mentoring from VSC officers who currently adjudicate U nonimmigrant petitions and gain experience in adjudicating the U nonimmigrant petitions before they begin processing these cases.

It sounds like some cases might be transferred because of this, but hopefully that means the transferred cases will be processed a lot faster than they would have been at Nebraska.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you actually register an account on the new USCIS website, you can add your case to your account and setup email and text alerts when there are status updates. Then you can click into the case and view the last 5 actions on the case. I am attaching screenshots. Obviously my Case History is empty right now as the case was only just accepted. But for example, once NOA2 is sent out it would be updated or if they require more information it'd say they've sent a Request, etc etc.

Thanks zach21uk! This is more helpful, this way we can at least see the entire history, and have a record of all the events, if god forbid anything unfortunate happens. I'm going to register an account right away.

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I know we have a lot of Nebraska filers in here, I just saw this notice on the USCIS news updates:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/nebraska-service-center-begin-processing-certain-form-i-918-cases

Nebraska Service Center to Begin Processing Certain Form I-918 Cases

In July, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will begin processing cases involving Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status. Sharing this workload with the Vermont Service Center (VSC) will balance workloads between centers and provide flexibility as USCIS works towards improving processing times, efficiency and customer service to this victim population. USCIS will implement the transition in phases, which will allow NSC officers to receive specialized training and mentoring from VSC officers who currently adjudicate U nonimmigrant petitions and gain experience in adjudicating the U nonimmigrant petitions before they begin processing these cases.

It sounds like some cases might be transferred because of this, but hopefully that means the transferred cases will be processed a lot faster than they would have been at Nebraska.

Thanks for the news update!... This is certainly not good news that Nebraska is getting more case load. I hope you're right that cases might be transferred and that those will be processed quicker. It would such if cases are slowed because of this. Let's hope for the best!

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey fellow May filers!!

My husband filed I-130 (for CR-1/IR-1) on May 26th, 2016. We got NOA1 on June 6th, 2016. We are at Texas Service Center.

Finally I see someone who routed by Texas Service Center :)

Good luck to you!!!!

Helo my fellow may filers :)

Me and my husband filed sent our petiti0n May 3, and got NOA1 may 6 and forwarded to Nebraska service center and today June 16, we got our petiti0n approved :)

Thank you Lord. GOD IS SO GOOD

Goodluck guys :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Helo my fellow may filers :)

Me and my husband filed sent our petiti0n May 3, and got NOA1 may 6 and forwarded to Nebraska service center and today June 16, we got our petiti0n approved :)

Thank you Lord. GOD IS SO GOOD

Goodluck guys :)

Congrats. Are you filing under concurrent (ie) I 130 & I-485 or I-130 only??

NOA1: 05/13/2016

I-130 approved: 10/04/2016

NVC Received: 10/27/2016

Case Complete by phone : 12/07/2016

CC by Email : 12/14/2016

Interview : 01/24/2017

Approved: 01/24/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.