peachtree

What to do, fiancee came on K1 visa, now leaving

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I need some help or suggestion on what to do. I have spent numeral hours and money on bringing my fiancee to the states. We finally got through the hardest part, passing the interview and getting the K1 visa. I bought a one-way ticket for her couple weeks after.

She finally arrived, I start to prepared to get her SSN, marriage, and the AOS. Now we are going through issues, long story short, she cheated on me (with someone back at her home) and seem like she's using me as a ticket to come here. Anyways, we are ending this and she is going back home. She got her family to send her money to buy a ticket back home.

My question is, she should have no problem going back correct? She does have valid passport.

I have not started any paper work here yet, is there something I need to do to close my case? or let USCIS know? Or just leave it alone and it close itself. Not sure if this will affect me if I try going through this process again with another fiancee or wife.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Sorry it didn't work out. As already stated, nothing else you need to do. I doubt there will be increased scrutiny the next time you petition for someone since this time no immigration benefits were reaped. The only thing that may happen next time is that your relationship evidence will possibly be looked at more closely but, that should probably be the extent of it.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What country was your fiancé from? If I were you I would drive her to the airport and make sure she gets on the plane. Secondly, I would contact USCIS and have them close your case. If you file next time, you won't have to worry that you might have an open case that wasn't resolved in Uscis's files. Would you actually go through the whole thing all over again?

Filed: Timeline

What country was your fiancé from? If I were you I would drive her to the airport and make sure she gets on the plane. Secondly, I would contact USCIS and have them close your case. If you file next time, you won't have to worry that you might have an open case that wasn't resolved in Uscis's files. Would you actually go through the whole thing all over again?

I don't see how whether she gets on the plane or not is relevant to the OP.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

What is she doesn't want him to drive her to the airport?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Pot stirring?

From the guy who wanted to know which country she is from when it's not even relevant. Does it matter if she came from Great Britain or Vietnam? No. You wanted this to lead to her being from a third world country, right?

Then advising to make sure she gets on the plane. Why? What is the OP on the hook for? How is he going to make sure she gets on the plane?

Edited by aaron2020

Peachtree,

For your mental comfort know that you have nothing to worry about. Even if she choose to stay here she will not have a legal path to become either a resident or citizen. She wouldn't even be able to find another USC to marry and adjust status. To frankly put it she would be royally screwed. So she must return home.

And to add a cherry on top you can notify USCIS to cancel your case based on fraud so any future K1s she happens to try for may have that information on file.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

I don't think any of this is true. And what fraud? That she cheated? That's not immigration fraud, that's infidelity. That's a relationship issue.

OP stated he felt she was using him as a ticket to get to the states. Don't know what evidence he has (other than cheating. Maybe he found text of her telling the other guy she wants to use the OP for a GC). Regardless, it was his words.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Him thinking she was using him for a GC still isn't evidence.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

OP stated he felt she was using him as a ticket to get to the states. Don't know what evidence he has (other than cheating. Maybe he found text of her telling the other guy she wants to use the OP for a GC). Regardless, it was his words.

None of which will matter one bit to USCIS, she has no legal path to stay. His case was closed when the visa was issued and used. Had she filed to adjust status after marriage then a new case would have been opened. At the current time there is nothing for him to do. There are no open cases. The only thing open is her I-94 which allows her to legally stay in the USA for 90 days if she marries or not. He didn't marry her, what she does now is up to her and not him. Even if she chooses to stay illegally, he can't force her onto an airplane.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.