33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Uganda
Timeline

I understand and I thank you all for your input. As this is my first experience with something of this nature, I wasn't sure what to expect. It sounds like all I have done is all that will be done. I'm just going to get an order of protection and hope he stays away. I must concede that it is disheartening to know that he will or may get away with what he had done. But, I will rest assured in knowing that while he may never see an immigration judge, the One Just Judge sees him and will respond and reward him accordingly.

I understand and I thank you all for your input. As this is my first experience with something of this nature, I wasn't sure what to expect. It sounds like all I have done is all that will be done. I'm just going to get an order of protection and hope he stays away. I must concede that it is disheartening to know that he will or may get away with what he had done. But, I will rest assured in knowing that while he may never see an immigration judge, the One Just Judge sees him and will respond and reward him accordingly.

Timeline

Thank you, Transborderwife. I recognize that there are far more pressing issues at the hands of USCIS. But, I would be remiss if I neglected to acknowledge that the immigration officers with whom I have engaged over the last several months have assured me in word and deed that my case is of paramount importance, especially since the bulk of their work consisted of verifying information I provided and interview witnesses who had already provided their contact information and consent. Whatever happens, I'll be certain to follow up with a status as you have all been so kind and helpful. Thank you, again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just because you have proof of infidelity does not mean there was fraud it does not prove he didn't enter the marriage in good faith...It just proves he can't be faithful. Unless you can prove with first-hand info and even at that it is very hard to get someone deported. With everything I had they pretty much told me unless the immigrant/illegal immigrant commits a crime they will not go pick him up. Maybe you live in a state where immigration has the time to do that. I obviously do not. Even when I called recently to report my ex, they said they take marriage fraud very seriously but they wanted his address. I don't have that information anymore. If they do deport him please let me know what you did because I had my ex on video freaking out saying he only married me to get here along with emails, texts, and messages from his friends and relatives telling me to let him live here and give him his papers. he can live some place else. If that isn't fraud I don't know what is. Good luck....I hope this works out for you. It's a bad situation, sorry you had to go through this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

He will only get away with it for so long. Keep your head up. I hope you meet someone much better.

The first immigration officer I spoke with told me that an immigration judge could revoke the i864 once a determination of fraud is made. They told me once I submitted the final divorce decree, they would immediately shut down his status and place him on removal proveedings. Will his EAD be shut down immediately and will they contact his employer or am I supposed to do it? I just want to be disconnected from him and let the government deal with him unless they need to interview me again. The first time they interviewed me was a month after I gave them all of the information in the binder. It was about a 45 minute phone interview.

It sounds like you may have had the evidence of fraud they needed to actually do something. This is rather rare, as infidelity does not constitute fraud. Many have tried to do what you may have done with evidence of infidelity, it gets them no where. I don't believe a judge can actually nullify the I-864, but if they deport him, you'll be off the hook. If they yank his green card and don't deport him and he stays illegally, you are still on the hook for the I-864. I know that sounds wrong, but it is how it works.

You've done all you can now, and it sounds like you did a good job. Congrats. Time to forget about this bad experience and move on with your life.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Think of this as one heck of a hard lesson learned, people can be so evil and hurt anyone and never show remorse for it. Karma will come looking for them one day. As for now, take care of yourself, and move on. I know it hurts, the pain will subside, and you will grow stronger from this mess.

Don't let one bad egg change your heart to others. You will get through this, and will say to yourself, "what the heck was I thinking?" a slight giggle and you will move on stronger and head held high.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think I agree with the other comments too.

Take the immigration part out of it and look at the situation. When you take the immigration part out, it seems like he is a player.

That fact that he told other women back in Uganda that he would divorce you and bring them here doesn't necessarily constitute fraud. He could be playing them also.

Don't lean too much on what an immigration officer or any govt officer tells until it is put on paper black and white. The affidavit of support has rules and regulations. No word from an immigration officer or lawyer or judge surpasses them.

Move on, he is digging his own grave.

Good luck to you!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I need some information. I petitioned for my husband to come to.the States on a k1 visa. It was approved and we were married in.June 2014. I submitted the i485, work auth, and travel document forms 2 months later. He received everything by June 2015. In August he returned to his home country to visit his son. Less than a week after he returned I learned that he was having an affair with several women he had met on a dating site. I also learned that two months after submitting all the forms for his green card employee authorization document and travel Document he opened a new Facebook page under a different name that made no mention of me or our marriage 95% ask his friends on that page more women. He was actually dating several of them. After receiving the phone bill from his trip home I observed a telephone number appearing numerous times. When I dialed the number I learned that this woman was his girlfriend and had no idea that he had a wife. When I confronted him he did not deny it. He said that he was human and I asked him to leave my home and return keys to all of my possessions. Later I learned that there were 2418 text messages that he had sent to this woman he had told her he was going to marry her and planned to divorce me. I also received the pictures of him and this woman together as well as other pictures. Shortly after receiving this information I was contacted by another woman on Facebook who informed me that my husband had been trying to date her on a tinder dating website since the end of June which was about the time we would have celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary. We did not celebrate it. I also learned that my husband was also dating several women in his home country and had promised to come to the States get a good job and then bring them here to live with him and marry them. Although my husband worke, two jobs he never contributed any money to the home. I paid all the bills. Instead, he used my cars and hus money to bring his girlfiends on dates. We had nothing together we have nothing to show that we were a couple. He removed all traces of me from Facebook. And blocked me. I put together a binder of information containing all of his infidelities all 2418 text messages and any other information that I had obtained regarding his Affairs and his deceitfulness. I submitted all of that information to USCIS during an infopass appointment. In addition I have successfully divorced him. And requested that USCIS conduct a fraudulent marriage investigation. I've also supplied them with a copy of the final divorce decree and asked that I am released from the I 864 as this was a fraudulent marriage as he did not enter into.it in good faith. He had no intention of remaining married to me and no intention of building a legitimate future with me. We have no information to suggest that our marriage was bona fide and that we never had any combined assets or children.He never wanted to take pictures with me or anything like that and post to Facebook. As a result I will not be going to the removal of conditions interview.I am done with him. I am done with the marriage. I am of course devastated I thought my marriage would last forever because I loved him. My question is is there anything else that I should be doing? Has anyone gone through this process? Can anyone tell me what I should expect to happen next?

Sorry you had to endure all that, as a Bro to a sis I'd say maybe you need to try someone here after all this, there are still some

good men & women in the good ole USA..I make no judgments but I cant understand seeing someone a few times then marrying

them . You are stuck with the I 864....move on the next female will take care of him & with his running around you may have saved

yourself from some STDs...Who knows someone like that may muck-up & get his GC revoked...Time will take care of users & abusers

Timeline

You are all so kind and compassionate. Reading your supportive comments brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all for your kindness. It has really blessed me, and I am grateful to and for each of you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is there any particular reason that you are going for an order of protection? Did you threaten or harass you in any way? If he did that would help the wedge to get him booted as well. If not, maybe other than making you feel better it may be a bit of a waste of effort. Kick that dog to the curb, less connection the better!

K1 Journey Begins

NOA1 on March 3, 2016

NOA2 on May 26, 2016

NVC Rcvd Case June 13, 2016

NVC Case and Rcpt # June 16, 2016

Case to Embassy June 16, 2016

Case Ready at Embassy June 20, 2016

Lab July 8 for minor and July 11, 2016 for Fiance

Medical July 11, 2016

Biometrics ACS July 12, 2016

Interview Approved July 14, 2016

Visa Issued via DHL July 16

Visa Arrived July 1

POE September 23, 2016 JFK

Marriage !!!!!!!!!!!! September 30, 2016

Next Step AOS..........

• November 12, 2016 - Express mail to Chicago Lockbox
  • December 5, 2016 - Electronic Notifiaction for AOS, rcvd 11/15
  • December 11, 2016 - NOA1 for EAD, 765 and 485, also accepted fingerprint fee.
  • December 28, 2016 - Biometrics
  • February 14 - EAD  & Advanced Parole Approved and being mailed. 
  • May 4 2017. Approved without interview, Card being Produced
  • May 7, 2017 recvd approval for i485
  • May 10 2017 rcvd Green Cards in mail.!!
  • Next step in 20 months to remove conditions.

Removal of Conditions Begins by end of first week of February

• February 5, 2019   - Printing package;
  • February 11, 2019 - ROC package mailed;
  • February 13, 2019 - Package delivered to Dallas Tx;
  • February 15, 2019 - Credit Card Charged;
  • February 19, 2019 - Electronic Notification Rec'd, Case Location LIN - Nebraska;
  • February 21, 2019 - Received NOA with 18 month extension for wife ONLY, not 14yo dependent who is on application;
  • March 12, 2019      - Notified USCIS that we never rcvd i797 for 14 yo minor, they provided a case # and submitted a Svc Request
  • May 2.2019             -  No forward motion, we called again and despite there was an officer assigned to this service request nothing happened/ no extension. We filed an InfoPass and have an appointment for Monday 6th for passport stamp.
  • May 6, 2019 - Attended InfoPass appointment in Philadelphia local USCIS local office for 930. This was for a never rcvd 797 for our 14yo dependent. Arrived 9:15, not crowded at all. No extra photos or fingerprint taken. We were in the car (lots of parking available) at 945. Pleasant female officer, she updated and checked for no changes. Stamped passport, explained is valid for 1 year. The took the green card which expired 5/4/19. No issues or problems.. I asked about the non receipt and she said it's pretty common.. 
  • August 23 - Biometrics NOA, scheduled for 9/3 @1pm
  • September 3 - Biometrics
  • September 4 -Fingerprint Review was completed
  • January 8 - ROC, Card Being Processed, Citizenship is next!
  • January 15 2020  - Cards Delivered

N400 Citizenship :)

• November 28, 2020     - N400 Filed online and paid via CC
  • November 28, 2020     - NOA received electronically

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this. I had a very similar thing happen. My husband left to go back to his country "for work" a week after he got his greencard. Both our lawyers and I advised him that this was a terrible decision, and I was devastated, but he made it clear that I had no say in the matter. He came back for a week at Christmas and then for 6 days almost a year later, when he announced that he was leaving me because we had "no future and nothing in common." It turned out (and I only found out many months later) that he had a girlfriend in Portugal the whole time, and he'd gotten her pregnant. And I only found out about that, because he left himself signed in on my computer while he was home with me, and I found pictures he'd taken of him and her having sex. A few days later, the other woman called me and told me everything. I understand your devastation.

His conditional greencard expired last month. I got the notice in the mail but disregarded it. I let my lawyers know I would do nothing to help him keep it. As far as I know, he has not tried to keep it, and he would have a very hard time doing so, as he has no proof on his end that our marriage was valid--I had all of the bills and I took his name off of everything as soon as I found out about the affair.

Sorry you had to go through this. It sucks, but it happens every single day. Many people are in such crappy places that America is still a dream for them and they will do nasty things to get what they want.

But like others have already said, there's no much you can do except move on and learn from it. With our messed up immigration system, he may very well be able to remove conditions of his own, and due to the limited resources LAZY immigration workers, they will most likely not pursue your fraud complaint to the point of deportation.

Best thing you can do for YOURSELF is eliminate him from your life and your thoughts. I imagine it will take a while to get over this. Don't rush into another relationship because you will be no good to the other person nor yourself. You need to be thinking and acting with a clear head and heart.

Good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Forgot to mention, my lawyer said that I could only try to have him blocked (as he'd already left the country) for fraud if I filed on grounds of adultery (which is a crime in New York State, where I live). Though I have enough evidence to have done so, I didn't have the money to pay for the trial--because my husband had sucked all of my money in the 3 years we were married because I paid for everything and he paid for nothing. So my lawyer advised me to file "no fault" to save myself time and money, and hope that he would be too lazy to try to fight for his greencard on his own, and that is what I did.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I have not read the other responses, but there are some cases that people have been released from the AOS, if the marriage is indeed found fraudulent, so yes it can be done.

heart.gif MS RILEYheart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.