Bengalita

Applying for b1/b2 visa after being deported 18 years ago

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nope cannot fill out ESTA, deportees are not eligible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Nope cannot fill out ESTA, deportees are not eligible.

Ok, please show me in writing, so I can show tot him and try to stop him before this gets any worse.

(I wish he would just go to the American embassy and epattemtp to apply for a b1/b2.)

Anyway, please show me in writing that deportees cannot fill out ESTA. THANKS SO MUCH!

Timeline

It's on the Consulate web site.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It's on the Consulate web site.

Hi Boiler.

Well, I looked, I can't find it. However, on the CBP.GOV website, it says (concerning ESTA) that if you've ever been denied a visa or an immigration benefit, you *may not* be approved for ESTA. Nowhere does it say (on the entire website) that a deportee can't apply, I searched the whole website using F4 (entering words such as 'deport, deported, deportation') and couldn't find something that specifically says that someone who has been deported cannot apply.

If the person applies for ESTA, he should be truthful, yes. They ask you on there if you've ever been denied a visa or an immigration benefit... So in this case, he should out Yes, bcause technically, he was denied entry and deported. And, if he is approved for ESTA, then great. He still has to deal with CBP when he arrives at the airport. He's at their mercy from that point forward.

If his ESTA is denied, then end of story. He doesn't go to the USA. Period.

However, if you can find me a link (on a government website) that says that deportees should not apply for ESTA, I'd appreciate it (because I've looked and looked) ... And I will send him than info ASAP.

Thanks for your answers, ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

http://norway.usembassy.gov/estafaq.html

Can I apply for travel authorization if I was previously denied entry into or deported from the U.S.?

Only those qualified to travel under the Visa Waiver Program are eligible to register.

As you have been denied entry into or deported from the U.S., you require a visa in order to travel.

https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/usvisit/usvisit_edu_traveler_guide_english.pdf

You need a visa if you:

[...]

• Have been refused entry to the United States on a previous occasion

• Have been deported from the United States

[...]

Filed: Timeline

he cannot have been deported if he was never admitted to the US, and being held in detention without having been admitted means he was denied admission, which is different than a deportation....he needs to find that I-275.....only an immigration judge can issue a deportation order....did he see an immigration judge who ordered him deported (in writing) versus not having been admitted?

one cannot be deported from a country in which you have not been admitted....that 'special zone' in secondary/detention is not technically within the borders of the US of A...

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

he cannot have been deported if he was never admitted to the US, and being held in detention without having been admitted means he was denied admission, which is different than a deportation....he needs to find that I-275.....only an immigration judge can issue a deportation order....did he see an immigration judge who ordered him deported (in writing) versus not having been admitted?

one cannot be deported from a country in which you have not been admitted....that 'special zone' in secondary/detention is not technically within the borders of the US of A...

Possible expedited removal?

Timeline

Possible expedited removal?

No, he was deported,,full fledged. Saw a judge and everything.

He had been admitted several times previously. He saw a judge and was deported, after being detained for like 30 days.

No, he was deported,,full fledged. Saw a judge and everything.

He had been admitted several times previously. He saw a judge and was deported, after being detained for like 30 days.

He was detained for 30 days, saw an immigration judge, and deported for having a US bank account???

There is waaaay more to this story.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

He was detained for 30 days, saw an immigration judge, and deported for having a US bank account???

There is waaaay more to this story.

There usually is.

The story is getting interesting....friend of a friend and a friend in Arkansas......deportation which OP terms it unfair.....bank account.....fried chicken....

Edited by squareleg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

read the original post, he WAS in the US when he was deported

Timeline

It's really confusing. My original question was about applying for a b1/b2 Visa after deportation, and during the conversations, i found out he wanted do ESTA. Then the question was, CAN he fill out an ESTA form after being deported. and technically, the answer is yes, however, he might get it denied. In that case, end of story. So... That's all I can say. I wasn't there a long time ago when all that happened, there is stuff I don't know.

Filed: Timeline

if the 'friend' was held in detention, then he was not admitted to the US, hence, he could not have been deported.....expedited removal is probably what happened...of course, no one gets held in detention for a month for having a US bank account (which is not even against the law), so naturally, there is way more to this story, and I mean way more that we are not hearing....we are only hearing about how 'unfair' it was to send this 'friend' home....baloney....people do not get sent back home for nothing.....and are not held for a month over a US bank account...that is total nonsense...but as usual, some 'friend' wants to whine and claim that his or her 'friend', the most honest and hard working human being on planet earth, was mistreated...excuse me while I yawn.....having heard that story about 17,000 times during my career....oddly, none of those claims were true, and neither is this one. I've said all I can say - apparently the OP knows more than all of us, yet came here looking for 'help' for the 'friend.'

find the I-275. Find out the true and entire story....because no one gets put into INS detention for a month for having a bank account....

Timeline

It's really confusing. My original question was about applying for a b1/b2 Visa after deportation, and during the conversations, i found out he wanted do ESTA. Then the question was, CAN he fill out an ESTA form after being deported. and technically, the answer is yes, however, he might get it denied. In that case, end of story. So... That's all I can say. I wasn't there a long time ago when all that happened, there is stuff I don't know.

Only if he lies.

So the answer is no.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.