rytnmm

minor crimes as teenager

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys, I was just wondering if my past as an idiot teenager will hinder my k1 fiance visa application. The stuff I got arrested for is now all spent and is this drunk and disordley (3 times) possession of weed (very small amount, 1 time shoplifting to the value of $10, and possession of a stolen moped and underage driving and drunk (I did 100 hours community service) all these where before I was20 and over 13 years ago. Question is with them being spent do I have to declare? And if so will this stop me getting in usa on the k1? Any advice is appreciated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They will run a background check on you. If you are not truthful on the forms, you won't be getting a visa anytime soon.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Hey guys, I was just wondering if my past as an idiot teenager will hinder my k1 fiance visa application. The stuff I got arrested for is now all spent and is this drunk and disordley (3 times) possession of weed (very small amount, 1 time shoplifting to the value of $10, and possession of a stolen moped and underage driving and drunk (I did 100 hours community service) all these where before I was20 and over 13 years ago. Question is with them being spent do I have to declare? And if so will this stop me getting in usa on the k1? Any advice is appreciated

Spent convictions count to the US government. You police certificate in the UK will probably say "no live trace" and means there are records that are hidden. So you must also order a Subject Access Report from ACPO which would detail the dates, convictions, punishment, etc.

You might want to watch this video from the US embassy London concerning spent convictions and ESTA.

http://youtu.be/rFLcavjFADk

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you visited the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Have you visited the US?

Yes 3 times, and just realised that I ticked wrong box when asked about criminal convictions as I thought they where spent and therefore didn't exist anymore. Unsure what to do about this as I'm supposed to go back in july

Timeline

You would need a B with a waiver and that would not happen by July.

More of an issue if the smack you with a Mirrep ban in addition to the others.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You would need a B with a waiver and that would not happen by July.

More of an issue if the smack you with a Mirrep ban in addition to the others.

What's a mirrep ban?

Timeline

Lifetime ban waiverable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm i would get a good immigration lawyer that deals with waivers/bans.

i would get your police report and see exactly what is on your record.

the fact you entered and checked none will defintely hurt you:/

Filed: Timeline

Can I just say from VJ experience, I have known dozens and dozens of UK people reporting on VJ who have had teen crime or adult cautions that were no longer part of their public record. They got "no live trace" on their police certificate and had to get a Subject Access Report to show their record. They had all been to the US on visa waiver. Admittedly that was the incorrect way to fill out the ESTA form...saying no crimes. But none of them were questioned at their K1 interview about their use or improper use of VWP. They were evaluated on their qualifications to enter the US on a fiance visa and not how they filled out the ESTA form. There have been crimes or cautions for marijuana, switching tax disks on cars, shoplifting, throwing eggs, letting air out of tires, wearing a traffic cone on their head, drunk, fighting, urinating on a wall,...but they all got approved for their visa without a waiver or a lawyer. I can't say if the OP's many infractions will be excused, but he might as well carry on in my opinion.

Curious, I assume in these cases they did report the minor crimes in their visa application ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hide it from them and then come back and tell us the outcome

Yes 3 times, and just realised that I ticked wrong box when asked about criminal convictions as I thought they where spent and therefore didn't exist anymore. Unsure what to do about this as I'm supposed to go back in july

lying is misrep, lifetime ban

Curious, I assume in these cases they did report the minor crimes in their visa application ?

Yes on the DS-160.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.