Janelle2002

Cops: Teen shot by homeowner may have been "ding dong ditching

14 posts in this topic

Cops: Teen shot by homeowner may have been "ding dong ditching"

1apeyton2.jpg

Cole Peyton

KWTV REPORTER ALLISON HARRIS VIA TWITTE

The 14-year-old boy was seriously hurt around 1:30 a.m Friday in Pryor when he was shot on the homeowner's property, reports CBS affiliate KWTV. The teen's mother identified him to a KWTV reporter as Cole Peyton.

Officers from the Pryor Police Department reportedly responded to a 911 call reporting a home invasion, but say it doesn't appear that Peyton was attempting to break into the home. Instead, they say, he may have been "ding dong ditching" with two other teens, or ringing doorbells and running away.

They say the three teens were trespassing on the homeowner's property when the man fired several shots.

The Mayes County District Attorney will determine whether the shooting was lawful or illegal, reports the station. Police aren't identifying the shooter because he hasn't been arrested.

The boy's mother told KWTV reporter Allison Harris that Peyton was struck by a bullet in his arm, and another bullet pierced his liver. The boy underwent surgery at a Tulsa hospital and is recovering.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-teen-shot-by-homeowner-may-have-been-ding-dong-ditching/

Playing "ding dong," rang the bell of a "ding dong" and got shot. Ironic

Would like to nominate his parents for the stupidity award for allowing their teenager to run the streets on a very popular holiday.

Edited by Janelle2002

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

at no point does it sound to me like the homeowner's actions were warranted.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly. If you were breaking in you won't ring the door bell

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

at no point does it sound to me like the homeowner's actions were warranted.

Lucky the home owner had a gun, or things could have turned out much worse. Thank god for guns in the hands of paranoid idiots.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Lucky the home owner had a gun, or things could have turned out much worse. Thank god for guns in the hands of paranoid idiots.

Odd one white kid gets killed by an idiot and it's front page news. Yet young black kids are gunned down by other young black kids by the scores everyday, and no one mentions it.

White privlage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Odd one white kid gets killed by an idiot and it's front page news. Yet young black kids are gunned down by other young black kids by the scores everyday, and no one mentions it.

White privlage

Don't act like you care about black kids. Kids aren't really usually held to the same standards as adults where I comd from. You?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Only newsworthy if it rarely happens.

Nobody, white OR black, seems to care about black kids killing other black kids

When you bring your dirty laundry out for public discussion, I will be willing to listen to you.

>>>next

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

The homeowner have felt reasonable fear for his safety to have responded that way. Example, if this homeowner has been traumatized by a burglary or robbery, there's a higher chance for them to be "trigger happy"...

I am not defending this action..it is sad but this homeowner will likely walk.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline

Only newsworthy if it rarely happens.

Nobody, white OR black, seems to care about black kids killing other black kids

Educate yourself a little bit....Look at the White-on- white homicide vs. Black-on-black homicide since you mentioned it...post-135346-0-44560600-1452011569_thumb.png

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2014.xls

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

The homeowner have felt reasonable fear for his safety to have responded that way. Example, if this homeowner has been traumatized by a burglary or robbery, there's a higher chance for them to be "trigger happy"...

The latest update said the owner came out into his front yard and started firing as the boy's were walking back past his property. If that's true, he is unlikely to have a legal defense for his actions. Although the possibly of insanity may exist.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

He won't walk. If it was Texas he would probably walk, but the law takes a dim view on shooting other people unless in clear self defense.

Regardless of a stand your ground statute in a given state and whether it exists or not for a person the best course of action is always retreat. If you can't, that's when you start shooting. And in your own house with the door closed you already retreated. Call the cops. Shooting people on your yard is a no-go unless you have reasonable belief they are going to enter your house, and the fact this kid already did it earlier in the night without attempting to break in does not support this notion.

Court will always ask: is there anything else you could have done? If the answer is yes, you are screwed.

Good luck!