dwheels76

December 2015 Interviews

1,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well seeing they made the error and kept you there forever I would most def tell them they have to expedite your case. They don't like people to know when they mess up they are to expedite but just nicely ask them "well since it was your mistake I get expedited for interview right? Cuz others that were at NV when aI started are done".

awesome! do i have to wait for the supervisor review to be over to ask? the only proof i have of their mistake is the email they send when they recieve documents, they didnt seem to have anything on their end when i called or they didnt want to admit they made a mistake.

Congrats hope we got interview sched soon

Thank you! I hope you receive a date soon as well and don't have to wait as long as we did. Goodluck!

I have a question about the medical, if my wife needs additional shots, will they be given to her at the medical or would she need to receive them before having her medical?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question about the medical, if my wife needs additional shots, will they be given to her at the medical or would she need to receive them before having her medical?

It is my understanding they will provide it there. As you are probably aware having the immunization records will be helpful and extra money.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I would recommend she has them before hand, if she knows that she's missing some. Or if she knows she's had the shots but don't have a record of it, get a blood test to show immunity before the medical. The reason being that in my experience, and this might differ from country to country, it is much more expensive to get the shots and bloodtests at the medical than to go to your regular doctor.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am so sorry to say that, dwheels, but I totally disagree with you and I would like to warn everybody here - BRING EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO THE INTERVIEW! Because you never know, what document from your NVC package will be lost.

I had a very upsetting experience during my Mom's interview, which I have described in my topic:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/571683-ir-5-interview/

We got from 221 today. I was told I have to provide my w-2s and my 1040 for 2014. Thank God, by email, and thank God, they kept my mom's passport, saying, the visa will be send within 10 days upon receiving the docs.

Despite of what the p4 letter said and despite we got confirmed we didn't have to provide those for the interview by the nvc supervisor over the phone. For some reason, the embassy did not receive my financial docs from the nvc, though I did submit them, they were all in the same AoS package.

Lesson to learn: bring EVERYTHING to the interview, whether you sent it to the nvc or not. The weight of an extra paper doesn't hurt as much as the disappointment after the interview.

Sekhvaruli, I think you have misunderstood DWheels' post.

If your AOS has been submitted to NVC and you have a Case Closed, you do not need to bring a new one to the interview. Bring a COPY of what you submitted.

UNLESS!!!!!!!!!!

,,,there is new information you need to submit. Then, you need to be sure you have the MOST RECENT VERSION of the I-864 form, fill that out, and have original signatures. Have the MOST RECENT tax information, as well.

DWheels has also said bring a COPY of everything you have submitted to USCIS and NVC.

Yes, NVC loses things. Yes, the Embassy/Consulate loses things. Yes, there are exceptions to everything.

Now that NVC is accepting photocopies instead of original documents, bring all original documents with you to the interview. And, as an abundance of caution, bring COPIES of all original documents.

Every time the forms change, people get all panicky thinking that they have to re-do the forms. You must use the correct form WHEN YOU SUBMIT the form, but after that, you are grandfathered in (except in cases mentioned above when you have new or additional info).

This whole process is stressful. It's made more stressful when stressed-out people get even more stressed out by misunderstandings.

I remember the process, and the glitches we went through all too well.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all,

received Case Complete today and happy to join your group, hoping for a December interview.

CR-2 bringing stepson

8/31 I-130 approved NOA2

9/23 Rec'd by NVC

10/1 Case # and IIN from NVC by phone

10/1 DS-261 complete

10/2 AOS bill paid (status in progress)

10/6 AOS shows paid

10/7 AOS & IV packet mailed

10/8 NVC welcome letter

10/9 Packets received at NVC (tracking)

10/9 Reviewed DS-261 on phone

10/13 Rec'vd IV bill email

10/13 Paid IV bill (status in progress)

10/14 Rec'd email scan date 10/9

10/19 IV Fee shows paid

10/19 DS-260 completed

11/12 Case Complete

11/18 Rec'd CC email

12/2 Interview scheduled January 4

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Regarding the documents, just one detail... if you filed with Electronic Processing (EP), that is, if you sent your documents to the NVC by e-mail, you need to bring originals of everything because all the NVC has are scanned files.

(But your P4 letter will indicate that!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all I have a question about registering the appointment. Where it asks for "numero de expediente"/"file number" what number is it asking for? The NVC case number? And where is asks for "DS-260 number" what number does that refer to, the confirmation number? Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

called, still got nothing. I thought Montreal appointments wouldn't take that long. Day 17 for me since CC.

jj2543, oncefuturealien, Roni07 you should try calling in 2 hours, maybe they'll make something happen at the end of the day.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

received Case Complete today and happy to join your group, hoping for a December interview.

Congrats on your case complete!!!

Interview scheduled for December 9th!!!! I just called and found out. CC Oct. 28. Bogota Embassy.

Congrats TaniaG what a great news and good luck for your interview. :)

Hello guys I just called and they give me an interview date for 9 December im happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wow Congrats Miya, Good luck on your interview!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.