Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

In two days it'll be TWO MONTHS since TSC received our RFE response. And we are still waiting! :-(

Called last week. They said they would put in a service request. But still nothing.

Have been coping with all the waiting since March but it's starting to get seriously difficult now.

Texas is not posting a 6 month wait. As they are further behind than that, they list the actual dates they are currently processing.

Last year, my now wife and I waited 222 days for NOA2 from Texas

They are currently processing mid March.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcaXf0ydVN8hbytbtmhv

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We just got approved (L)RFE response received November 4th, approved on December 28th according to the USCIS website. Telling all of you stuck at TSC, consider it took that long for ours to be approved and it was just a missing signature so don't lose hope :).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got approved (L)RFE response received November 4th, approved on December 28th according to the USCIS website. Telling all of you stuck at TSC, consider it took that long for ours to be approved and it was just a missing signature so don't lose hope :).

Congrats. Now the fun can begin.

Party this weekend...heck party tonight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you for the update! Congratulations! I will add you to the Master List later today!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am still praying not to get a RFE..... I have a question on this list. Entries where "missing" or "lost are used, are they due to the person mailing them in being lost, or the USCIS, etc losing them?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

March to December...

We finally got our approval on December 29 after TSC received our RFE response on October 22. So glad that bit is finally over. We were beginning to doubt it ever would be!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

LOL...and WHERE does this information come from exactly? Public info, or secured Immigration data?

LOL...and WHERE does this information come from exactly? Public info, or secured Immigration data? Was it on Hilary's email server??

Received my RFE in the mail today; exactly 1 week after the electronic notification. Our package was missing page 2 of the divorce decree, which is the page that has a judge's signature. We were asked to submit "a complete and legible copy of the final divorce decree signed by a judge or magistrate that shows proof of filing..."

I sent it back within one hour. now awaiting approval

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

Timeline

We received a RFE because our description of how we met was too brief on our I-129F.

It was simply too vague and misled them into thinking we met through a dating service.

Good thing we had a lawyer help with the application. /sarcasm.

We wrote that, "We met on the internet through (website name)." Then supplied two more sentences of when we first met, when we decided to meet, and how many meetings in total.

That was it.

Our RFE asked that we include details about the website to show the circumstances of how we met, and also to provide evidence that it was not an International Marriage Broker.

I sent off our evidence today, certified mail.

Lets see how long it takes for an answer.

Fingers crossed for everyone here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am still praying not to get a RFE..... I have a question on this list. Entries where "missing" or "lost are used, are they due to the person mailing them in being lost, or the USCIS, etc losing them?

This is just an assumption because we have had confirmations in the past from people who work for or have worked for USCIS who have stated that sometimes files do get lost in the paper shuffle, so if someone was asked for an item they know they sent in... we just guess it was lost by USCIS. It could have just as easily been lost in the mail, but I would think the whole packet would have been lost if that was the case.

LccMar

This data comes from people on this forum who are kind enough to post exactly what their RFE was for and what they sent back in order to help others not have the same problem.

Thank you everyone for all the updates. I will be adding in tonight the last few people who have graciously provided what was needed to keep the list up to date!

I have not updated it in a while because its easier for me to update in batches when we have a few responses for me to add at once!

Good luck everyone!!! Please keep us posted!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

The list is very helpful, however I saw an entry of several RFE's because of problems with the Beneficiary's birth certificate. At what part of the process is this certificate required? I do not see it on my checklist for the I-129F. I will be submitting my application in a few days, and I am VERY NERVOUS about getting it right the first time.

Timeline

The list is very helpful, however I saw an entry of several RFE's because of problems with the Beneficiary's birth certificate. At what part of the process is this certificate required? I do not see it on my checklist for the I-129F. I will be submitting my application in a few days, and I am VERY NERVOUS about getting it right the first time.

When it asks about your proof of US citizenship, several choose the birth certificate as proof of that :)

03.02.14 - Met on MapleStory.
04.13.14 - Started a relationship!

11.24.14 - Met for the first time in person.
08.02.15 -
Engaged!
--------------------------------------------
01.22.16 - I-129F sent!
01.27.16 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockbox (thanks to a delay from snow)
02.02.16 - Confirmation of case being accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center!
03.07.16 - My first visit to the UK to meet his family :)
03.24.16 - Petition approved!
03.29.16 - NOA2 received

04.22.16 - Notice of case being forwarded to the U.S. Embassy
06.07.16 - His medical in London!
06.22.16 - His interview in London :)

06.22.16 - Approved!!!

"Distance means so little when someone means so much."

Timeline

Update:

USCIS received our voluminous RFE response on January 23rd.

We received an approval form dated January 27th.

California Service Center *can* be quick!!

Keep the faith everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.