fishpub

visiting visa

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Boiler, you need to watch what you say, since you have never been to Jamaica.

Where do they live?, do they own land and their own home? They are going to question where they are going, for how long, and when? She will need a letter from her employer stating that she will only be off work for her vacation and that she will come back to work. Both of them. How they answer the questions will determine the approval. If they have saved for a vacation and can prove they have saved, then its 50/50. Everyone may not be approved.

I did watch what I said.

Any comments as you know more about Jamaican than I do?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Folks, given the absence of "poster's tone" on the Internet, we have to be careful both about what we post and about how we perceive it. It doesn't appear that any harm or insult was meant, but it's important to put ourselves in others' places and anticipate sensitivities before we hit "post." Thanks in advance for keeping this in mind, in this thread and in others.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'll be blunt. From what I know, Jamaica is a high fraud consulate. Entire family going chances are slim to none. Does not hurt to try. Not very expensive.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They can apply and see, though entry is not guaranteed even when they arrive.

One of the things they need to show is that they have funds to support themselves while visiting. Doing a quick search shows a round trip ticket from Kingston to Miami is ~$400, so $1600 for 4 people. the current exchange rate is 1 JMD=.0084 USD, so $1600 is roughly 190,000 JMD. This is not including place to stay, other traveling expenses, food, etc.

Based on the limited info provided, I'm not sure what your friends resources are but it's one thing they have to keep in mind and prove.

I believe Jamaica is also considered high risk country in terms of immigration fraud, so that may be another obstacle. Not sure about its risk rating though.

I recently had a cousin try to get a visitor visa from another high risk country and he was denied even though he has strong ties to his home country (has a family he was traveling without, owns a lot of property, owns a large business making 6 figures when converted to UsD, etc)

Filed: Timeline

I'll be blunt. From what I know, Jamaica is a high fraud consulate. Entire family going chances are slim to none. Does not hurt to try. Not very expensive.

JAMAICA ia not a high fraud country, Jamaicans (some) tend to inflate their wage statements for a visitors

visa theres no high fraud. Is'nt Russia a high marriage fraud country

If the man is a vegetable seller likely he has a farm, if he supplies many especially in the hotel industry with his wifes contacts,

have a home and savings they can afford a vacation, most likely they'll be staying with family or friends, Many Jamaicans take

vacations to the US & EU yearly, they are not all suffering...As someone suggest the family should not all apply at once, they are

likely to get a visa...Its based on ones merit and honesty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am totally agree with u,being a third world country and u want to visit one of world top country,does not make sense.its will b 100 % rejected.i am also agree with Boiler .dont try to waste there time and money . Sorry to say Jamaica and phillipines are high fraud country that people coming to us by doing marry to come .

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

JAMAICA ia not a high fraud country, Jamaicans (some) tend to inflate their wage statements for a visitors

visa theres no high fraud. Is'nt Russia a high marriage fraud country

If the man is a vegetable seller likely he has a farm, if he supplies many especially in the hotel industry with his wifes contacts,

have a home and savings they can afford a vacation, most likely they'll be staying with family or friends, Many Jamaicans take

vacations to the US & EU yearly, they are not all suffering...As someone suggest the family should not all apply at once, they are

likely to get a visa...Its based on ones merit and honesty

OP said the family has no other ties except family and cars. One would reason owning a sizable farm would be mentioned an example of an additional tie.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want say what i want to say because my post will only get erase, but BOILER, KLWAN, and SAN DIEGO im glad you guys arent C/O at Kingston embassy because it seems your minds are already made up about Jamaicans.

I want say what i want to say because my post will only get erase, but BOILER, KLWAN, and SAN DIEGO im glad you guys arent C/O at Kingston embassy because it seems your minds are already made up about Jamaicans.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Asking for a friend in jamaica, what are her chances at getting a visiting visa for her and her husband, and youngest daughter and oldest daughter, the wife is 45 and works at hotel as house keeper for 8 years, husband is 50 self employed sales vegetables, and taxi operator youngest daughter 14 and in school, oldest daughter 21 has been on her job for almost 2 years, have no other ties but family and cars, what are there chances is there any thing they can do to make there case stronger

It does look like it would be quite hard to sell. First and most important thing, the office will look at them thinking "can they possibly stay illegally" and i'm afraid the answer my be "yes".

I see a really hard case here. Unless they go separately. Also, I would recommend someone from the states writing them a letter of invitation stating he/she/they will pay for the travel expenses. It always helps.

My Timeline - From when I became resident to now

My Photos - As time has passed by

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

N-400: Citizenship (Applying pursuant to INA 319(b))
Service Center : Fairfax, VA
CIS Office : Fairfax, VA
Date Filed : 15-Aug-2014
Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Interview Appointment Received via E-Mail : 25-Nov-14
Interview Date, Place, and Status: 09-Dec-14 in Fairfax, VA (Accepted)
Same Day Oath Ceremony: 09-Dec-14
US Passport Received: 11-Dec-14
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I-130: IR-5 Visa (Wife Petitioned Parents)
Service Center : N/A
Consulate : Juarez, Mexico
I-130 Sent to Phoenix PO Box : 17-Feb-15
I-130 NOA1 : 24-Feb-15 (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)
I-130 NOA2 : 24-Jul-15 (Exactly 5 months or 150 days from NOA1)
NVC Received I-130 : 10-Aug-15
NVC Produced Case Number: 16-Aug-15
Received NVC Letter with Case Numbers: 24-Aug-15
Submitted DS-261 Online Forms: 25-Aug-15
Resubmitted one DS-261 as made a mistake: 25-Aug-15
Payed AOS Fees: 25-Aug-15 (USD 120.00 for both)
Sent I864: 07-Sep-15
Paid IV Fee: 29-Sep-15 (USD 325.00 for each)
Submitted DS-260: 06-Oct-15
I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It does look like it would be quite hard to sell. First and most important thing, the office will look at them thinking "can they possibly stay illegally" and i'm afraid the answer my be "yes".

I see a really hard case here. Unless they go separately. Also, I would recommend someone from the states writing them a letter of invitation stating he/she/they will pay for the travel expenses. It always helps.

No it doesn't always help. In fact it often hurts as they want to see that the visitor can support themselves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I would recommend someone from the states writing them a letter of invitation stating he/she/they will pay for the travel expenses. It always helps.

Not true. A letter from someone in the states does not help and the CO probably won't even look at it. You have to prove ties to your home country on your own merit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not true. A letter from someone in the states does not help and the CO probably won't even look at it. You have to prove ties to your home country on your own merit.

Probably not always but sometimes it surely does. My mother in law got a tourist visa. She doesn't have money or too strong home country ties. However, I wrote a letter of invitation and filled out a i-134. The CO did look at her documents and approved her. Similarly, the same was done with another relative and it worked.

My Timeline - From when I became resident to now

My Photos - As time has passed by

VisaJourneySignature.JPG

N-400: Citizenship (Applying pursuant to INA 319(b))
Service Center : Fairfax, VA
CIS Office : Fairfax, VA
Date Filed : 15-Aug-2014
Bio. Appt. : 09-Sep-2014 (issued by error as applicant had already taken fingerprints overseas).
Bio. Appt Corrected. : 14-Sep-14 (Bio appt canceled by immigration since application already included fingerprint card).
Interview Appointment Received via E-Mail : 25-Nov-14
Interview Date, Place, and Status: 09-Dec-14 in Fairfax, VA (Accepted)
Same Day Oath Ceremony: 09-Dec-14
US Passport Received: 11-Dec-14
Comments : Applied pursuant to INA 319(b) on the basis of marriage to a U.S. citizen who is or will be regularly stationed abroad. Application sent to the Virginia office. Fingerprints taken at overseas embassy and sealed on enveloped to be sent with N-400 application.

I-130: IR-5 Visa (Wife Petitioned Parents)
Service Center : N/A
Consulate : Juarez, Mexico
I-130 Sent to Phoenix PO Box : 17-Feb-15
I-130 NOA1 : 24-Feb-15 (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)
I-130 NOA2 : 24-Jul-15 (Exactly 5 months or 150 days from NOA1)
NVC Received I-130 : 10-Aug-15
NVC Produced Case Number: 16-Aug-15
Received NVC Letter with Case Numbers: 24-Aug-15
Submitted DS-261 Online Forms: 25-Aug-15
Resubmitted one DS-261 as made a mistake: 25-Aug-15
Payed AOS Fees: 25-Aug-15 (USD 120.00 for both)
Sent I864: 07-Sep-15
Paid IV Fee: 29-Sep-15 (USD 325.00 for each)
Submitted DS-260: 06-Oct-15
I864 Reviewed: 07-Oct-15 (2014 W2 missing but NVC will proceed with interview as long as applicant takes it to interview)

veC6p4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You will see my. Comments were focussed on their occupations, we only were given very limited information.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Probably not always but sometimes it surely does. My mother in law got a tourist visa. She doesn't have money or too strong home country ties. However, I wrote a letter of invitation and filled out a i-134. The CO did look at her documents and approved her. Similarly, the same was done with another relative and it worked.

There were probably other circumstances. I highly doubt the letter made any difference. Anyone can write a letter and show up with it on the day of the interview. There is no affidavit of support for a tourist visa. Let's agree to disagree.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Its not the way people see it,getting a visitor visa from the most islands and Caribbean countries . Jamaica is a well known for a tourist country/island.......millions of ppl go on vacation .....trying would not hurt them but as some one says they should try with the husband first and possibly the wife and maybe the kids later.

Speaking from where I am originally from ( Guyana ) thousands of people are granted visitor visa with no proof and or ties to their home country.

when Obama was given presidency he sign agreement with the president of Caribbean countries / Islands to grant then visitor visa with no hardship because at that time America needed the tourist money.

Guyana is one of them that sign the agreement.

Edited by sharda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.