fishpub

visiting visa

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

If Jamaica is, according to one poster, such a low fraud country, why doesn't Jamaica have the VWP?

Let's look at the math:

4 visa applications = $160 x 4 = $640

4 RT airline tickets = $1600

food, entertainment for how long? say, a month = $1500 at a minimum

that's nearly $4000....so...how much does this family have in the bank?

If only $4000 then this trip would wipe out their savings.,..and one would have to wonder why they would do such a thing..

If they are also claiming to wish to go to Disneyland, well, imagine the cost....$200-$250 a day per person, not counting food...another 2-3 grand...that totals $6000-7000.

Once again, how much in their bank account?

And no friend will be shelling out thousands themselves (for airfares and Disney passes) just to have some friends visit, without other reasons...not realistic.

These are just simple facts .... so unless this family can credibly demonstrate that they have roughly twice this sum in the bank, their chances of approval will drop swiftly.

If Jamaica is, according to one poster, such a low fraud country, why doesn't Jamaica have the VWP?

Let's look at the math:

If only $4000 then this trip would wipe out their savings.,..and one would have to wonder why they would do such a thing..

If they are also claiming to wish to go to Disneyland, well, imagine the cost....$200-$250 a day per person, not counting food...another 2-3 grand...that totals $6000-7000.

And no friend will be shelling out thousands themselves (for airfares and Disney passes) just to have some friends visit, without other reasons...not realistic.

These are just simple facts .... so unless this family can credibly demonstrate that they have roughly twice this sum in the bank, their chances of approval will drop swiftly.

Sorry took so long to respond back, family emergency , all i did was ask a question for a friend, can understand the feed back of people saying they don't have enough ties to country but what i cant understand is the feed back about there finance . Let me inlight you , they don't need anyone to shelling out money to them for anything, if they get denied i can promise you it want be about there finance when the embassy see there bank account they will see they arent lacking when it comes to money, and who the hell said something about disneyland that's no were in my post and if they wanted to go to disney world they can afford it without anyone help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Loads of Money definitely helps.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I posted my own conjectures...still haven't heard how much this family allegedly has in their bank account...and gosh, you know what? I've interviewed thousands who claimed to have beaucoup bucks in the bank...but when I called the bank, oddly, the banks told me a different story....

If this family is so well off that they could afford a trip to Disneyworld without breaking the bank, why would you be posting your concerns about their chances of getting a tourist visa? Only when some of us posed pointed questions did your feathers get ruffled....I wonder why.

If they are so well off, why haven't they applied for a US visa before? Why now? Why does their case matter to you? Why aren't they asking questions?

Been there, seen that...no surprises here.

USC. Once again, you claim that these 'friends' have no financial concerns regarding a visit to the US...so....let's hear more...otherwise, we have only your opinion, which has zero value.

As a retired CO, I've heard and seen most, if not all, of the stories told when people apply for B2 visas....your vehement non-detailed replies tell an all-too familiar tale...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't remember the OP asking if the family could afford a trip to the USA. I believe The question was regarding the probability of obtaining tourist visas.

My future mother in law is a housekeeper at a hotel in JA. She magically was approved for a multi entry tourist visa last year.

She plans on vacationing here to attend our wedding.

OP it may be best, as others have stated, to apply one parent and child first then the other 2.

Edited by LionessDeon

A discussion about the applicant's finances is likely to surface during an interview in which the entire family is seeking visas, whether some third party brings up the topic or not.

The proposed trip must make sense....relative to the applicant's current situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Three more assaultive/dismissive posts have been removed; the OP is banned from this thread and has been subjected to further administrative action. This is a reminder to all to post responsibly and to remain tolerant of frank advice even when it might differ from what we want to hear.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

no most people fill like they dont have enough ties, you are 1 out of the 2 who think they cant afford the trip

The OP's original question asked what are the chances of visa approval, and how can they make the case stronger.

Proving ties isn't the only thing that is need for approval. FUNDING aka finances aka money is something that is required, something that needs to be proven, and something that will be brought up by the CO. The advice wasn't they can't afford it - the advice was to make sure they CAN afford it to improve their chances of approval and prove that to the CO. Because quite frankly on paper, it doesn't seem like they can. That's just an objective outlook on the situation and I'm sure the COs are only looking for facts and figures, not about coddling others feelings.

How does asking if they can afford the trip equate to calling them poor? Get real.

Let's look at the math:

High fraud NO,,,,admittedly many after a while become overstayers...that prob does not

cause a country to be admitted to VWP.....Wonder what has JAs done to you?

Your impression of these ppl are that they don't or can afford Disney world LOL

No one knows here if they are able to show sizable bank accts

Edited by Jawaree

Hi fraud = Yes.

Lots of visa abuse, mostly by working illegally with tourist visas (as taxi drivers, for ex)

Neither of us know if they can afford a trip to Disneyworld...my vote would be they can't, given the average income in Jamaica.

Jamaica joining the VWP? Not happening in the foreseeable future.

my guess is that the refusal rate for tourist visas in Jamaica is above 30% or so...which suggests a rather high visa abuse rate amongst those who got visas. A country's refusal rate has to be less than 3% to considered for the VWP...looks like Jamaica is a long way from that.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To be fair, I know plenty of people who would blow all their savings on a big family vacation.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** One post removed for TOS violations- personal attacks and bickering. Post civilly to help the Op or do not post. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.