fishpub

visiting visa

60 posts in this topic

Asking for a friend in jamaica, what are her chances at getting a visiting visa for her and her husband, and youngest daughter and oldest daughter, the wife is 45 and works at hotel as house keeper for 8 years, husband is 50 self employed sales vegetables, and taxi operator youngest daughter 14 and in school, oldest daughter 21 has been on her job for almost 2 years, have no other ties but family and cars, what are there chances is there any thing they can do to make there case stronger

Well whole family goes same time is not ideal here. She goes with younger kid, husband stays home with older, might convince interview officer.

US tourism is not cheap for whole family here.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps those jobs pay better in Jamaica than they do in the US?

Somebody with that profile in the US wanting a holiday in Jamaica I thought would be unusual.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
works at hotel as house keeper for 8 years, husband is 50 self employed sales vegetables

Is this a normal profile for someone who takes international holidays?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I thought fishpub was asking?

Anyway in the US a House Keeper makes minimum wage ish so her husband sells vegetables, well that could mean anything from selling from a road side store to being an international broker selling to overseas supermarkets, I was thinking the former but who knows?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I thought fishpub was asking?

Anyway in the US a House Keeper makes minimum wage ish so her husband sells vegetables, well that could mean anything from selling from a road side store to being an international broker selling to overseas supermarkets, I was thinking the former but who knows?

im not asking i was reading topic and was trying to understand your answer, not du visiting visa have i130 app at nvc

Timeline

im not asking i was reading topic and was trying to understand your answer, not du visiting visa have i130 app at nvc

I have never been to Jamaica and you are showing the flag.

What did you take from the description of their circumstances?

Did it look something normal?

Perhaps those jobs pay better in Jamaica than they do in the US?

Somebody with that profile in the US wanting a holiday in Jamaica I thought would be unusual.

So Boiler, you saying there chances are slim to none

Timeline

If they do not apply then no chance.

Obviously something else going on, I do not have the application in front of me.

No downside in having a go.

If they do not apply then no chance.

Obviously something else going on, I do not have the application in front of me.

No downside in having a go.

I told my friend i think she and her family need more ties to there country,lots of money to be wasting , but like you say you can only try

Timeline

The cost of the application is not that much, obviously time and travelling involved as well.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Asking for a friend in jamaica, what are her chances at getting a visiting visa for her and her husband, and youngest daughter and oldest daughter, the wife is 45 and works at hotel as house keeper for 8 years, husband is 50 self employed sales vegetables, and taxi operator youngest daughter 14 and in school, oldest daughter 21 has been on her job for almost 2 years, have no other ties but family and cars, what are there chances is there any thing they can do to make there case stronger

Boiler, you need to watch what you say, since you have never been to Jamaica.

Where do they live?, do they own land and their own home? They are going to question where they are going, for how long, and when? She will need a letter from her employer stating that she will only be off work for her vacation and that she will come back to work. Both of them. How they answer the questions will determine the approval. If they have saved for a vacation and can prove they have saved, then its 50/50. Everyone may not be approved.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.