nancy55

my life is over , i just got released from jail, i'm innocent, husband he did it

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, i feel bad, i feel i'm official criminal today , i never thought i will be writing something like that never ever , i was victim of domestic violence last year and like this month i forgiven my husband in the court, his case was dropped from felony to no charge due to my words all the time to forgive him, since then , i insisted to don't call the police against him because like he said this time they may take him to prison, and i knew if i call the police the second time we have to get divorced, the husband he became worse thinking that i will never call the police again, he started spitting in face , slapping, ect, few weeks ago he became mad at point he split my t shirt from my body ,it was my favorite t shirt i take a pictures of my split shirt on my phone one day he saw the pictures , any way last night there was a fight, when he do not smoke his herbs/ drinks he start tripping calling me names and pushing my hair this is what he did i found his phone locked for the first time because he was lying about the presence of some of his Friends to city and saying he is going to his job while he was spending time with them, he was fighting, i felt very upset from what he did to me to my hair ect and i told him i will call the police and you will see, he left feeling scared that i'm going to call the police , i left to buy some medications thinking if i call or not, by the time i came back i was changing my clothes some person called my name and knocked the door, when i opened there was the police, even they saw a lot of proofs they said you should go, i feel i dream they take me and i was told that the charge is felony ????????????????? he told them she split my shirt and injured my face and i don't know more, i had some small money that i will use tomorrow to pay they told me in jail i can call him to pay because i don't work, but the bail agency accepted just the money i have with his help or without and i will pay the rest later, i' done, I'm finished he did it, he run before me , i was counting days to hear back from some job interviews that i take, now nobody will hire me , everything will show up in background check yes? is what i'm thinking about is true, i have now to stop applying because i feel not good saying i was arrested. no not me !how can i find job now, i will see the judge in 8 days, they told me take my DV papers hopefully the judge do something and save me , please any help will be much appreciated

1 question i forget if he want to pay the bail in my behalf is this will help my case or no? my life is finished i'm crying i just came to the house i found him sleeping loudly when they arrested him last year i was crying like someday died at the house , if he put restraining on me i will be in the street, please any ideas, i was arrested for something i did not do , i should just call before him and stop loving love gave me nothing , now i'm in troubles, please do not hesitate to give me advice

thanks

by way i changed the picture on my profile

Though it may seem like it is now but I'm certain you'll work through this and come out okay.

You see the country that you're in now is a country of 2nd chances, do overs and opportunities.

Good luck as you move through the system and DO NOT miss any court dates.

You'll be okay.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Ask him to drop the charges against you. If he recant his statement then the prosecutor would not have much to go on. There is already a prior police record if I understood you right. So it will be in his best interest to drop the matter. Don't worry so much about it. The case will not go farther. On a serious note you need to figure out how to get out of the relationship after this case is behind you guys. Domestic violence is a serious matter and it should never be taken lightly. Someone might get seriously hurt or killed and you do not want to be that victim we see on the nightly news. May God protect you and see you through this. This too shall pass.

http://family.findlaw.com/domestic-violence/the-recanting-victim-and-domestic-violence.html

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

this is what happens when you get arrested your case is sent to the office of the district attorney who will decide to file charges or not. As it is right now, no charges has been brought against you. The police told you what they arrested for and that does not mean you have been charged. You can call the DA or have a lawyer talk to the DA to know what he/she wants to do with your case. If you have a lawyer let him/her know you're the victim or if you don't have any lawyer go to the DA's and talk to him/her. Also the DA will see from the record that you dropped charges against him before and will know this is a special case. They're very knowledgible in their profession. Worry less dear...

How to contact the District attorney? im going today to pick up my bag from the first place where they take me ? should i ask there to meet the District attorney? or the district attorney is in the court?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In my line of work, I've met a significant number of women who have gone through the same thing. Call your local Health and Human Services office. Tell them you're a victim of domestic abuse and you need help.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't you have any family? Maybe they can get you a ticket to your country? Relationships don't always work, I would move on and try to get away from this drama as soon as possible. You are worried about what he might do or what might happen, just step away from the situation and move on.

Ask him to drop the charges against you. If he recant his statement then the prosecutor would not have much to go on. There is already a prior police record if I understood you right. So it will be in his best interest to drop the matter. Don't worry so much about it. The case will not go farther. On a serious note you need to figure out how to get out of the relationship after this case is behind you guys. Domestic violence is a serious matter and it should never be taken lightly. Someone might get seriously hurt or killed and you do not want to be that victim we see on the nightly news. May God protect you and see you through this. This too shall pass.

http://family.findlaw.com/domestic-violence/the-recanting-victim-and-domestic-violence.html

He is not going to that, he get pressure advice's from one of his friends she was visiting the city where we live , she helped him made his story, she is hater, she hate me since last year when i called the police, now she told him to start from 0 , kick me out, let me figure out what i can do she told him he is not dumb to do anything to this case she was talking with him on phone he was using speaker i listened to what she said after my arrival yesterday from jail while he was relaxing

Don't you have any family? Maybe they can get you a ticket to your country? Relationships don't always work, I would move on and try to get away from this drama as soon as possible. You are worried about what he might do or what might happen, just step away from the situation and move on.

i cant travel now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

State is the prosecutor, unusual for them to drop a DV charge.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

In my line of work, I've met a significant number of women who have gone through the same thing. Call your local Health and Human Services office. Tell them you're a victim of domestic abuse and you need help.

i think i should contact the place where i was getting help last year

what do you mean?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I hope you are listening to what everyone is telling you about getting away from that marriage.

Shoot me but it doesn't seem like you are ready to get away from this man.

You are getting upset about not finding a job due to the felony arrest when you should be concerned about your life.

If you don't see the fear we all see then there's little anyone can do for you.

That man is no good and you don't want to stay and find out what he would do next.

Get help for the sake of your own safety and mental well being.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I already asked who can speak with me and explain to me every thing and how the judge meeting looks like , but i don't know where to go to be well prepared , who to contact to help me well prepared , because i myself consider myself as a victim not him , who do i have to contact tomorrow morning? i know i will go to fix my things with the bail agency after that where to go? i appreciate your help

where should i go tomorrow? and who to ask for to help me understand and be well prepared for the judge day ? i did asked in the jail what should i do the man just said gather info take picture yourself to your bruits and may be file RO and wait for the judge day, but i do need more info and more advice to be well prepared during the 9 days that i have before i will be in court,

You are not giving a clear answer. Do you have someone on visajourney or in your life who can sit down with you and explain the answers in this thread?

You're kind of annoying me now, so many people have given you options on what your next move can be. If you can't understand, YOU NEED TO FIND A TRANSLATOR.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Focus on the things you can do right now, your legal problems will get sorted out later.

1. Pack your belongings and go to a women's shelter or the police and have them take you. DO NOT stay in the same house with your husband anymore. He sound evil and things will get only worse from here on out. Get out, today.

2. Ask for help at the shelter, tell your story. They are there to help you and advise you and can talk you through the next steps.

Don't worry about a job interview right now, you first need to make sure you are safe. You are not safe right now.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Fatima first of all get your stuff and go to a shelter for victims of domestic violence and DO NOT TELL TO YOUR SCUMBAG HUSBAND about the shelter. Do not answer his phone calls anymore! Do not talk to ANY member of his family or with any of his friend .Do not post anything on Facebook where are you staying.

The shelter for victims of DV they have social workers and they can tell you how to get a pro bono attorney to represent you. You have a big problem ahead than finding a job now,if you are convicted of a felony,in your case DV, you will be deported ,then focus now how to be away from your husband, find a shelter and then later on think about a job. The shelter will provide you shelter, food, counseling and some information about what you have to do regarding the criminal charges.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

But without any evidence and a shaky "victim" the state knows it can't win the case. She can get a lessor charge easy on this one, even if he doesn't recant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.