JoshSony

Fiance and tourism Visa

19 posts in this topic

Hey there!

My fiancee and I have known each other for about five years now. We failed our K1 Visa interview and I want to have her visit me on an tourist Visa. She is a few months pregnant and I cannot continue to exhaust my funds traveling to Cambodia. What are the chances of her coming to visit?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Next to nill if she states the purpose is to visit you.

If you have the money to spend on an application, and she has some strong ties to her country, there is a pretty slim chance. I would try but state the purpose of visit something more generic like tourism or shopping.

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey there!

My fiancee and I have known each other for about five years now. We failed our K1 Visa interview and I want to have her visit me on an tourist Visa. She is a few months pregnant and I cannot continue to exhaust my funds traveling to Cambodia. What are the chances of her coming to visit?

Better chance of it snowing today at 66 degrees outside. Why was the k1 denied?

Depending on why the K-1 was denied, you may be better spending your money taking a trip to see her and getting married, then doing the CR-1 visa.

But the why it was denied is definitely key here.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

During the interview, the officer asked her if she realized that we had similar facial features. He pretty much insinuated that we were related and were trying to "game the game." I Went to my congressman but they couldn't do anything to further process the case. We just had a bad officer at the interview. The paperwork was an easy process. We had a plethora of evidence regarding the legitimacy of our relationship, but to no avail. (2 thousand dollars worth of calling cards, moneygram orders, pictures dating from 2010, etc.. etc...) I had never stepped foot into Cambodia until I was immobilized from the military. I never would have met my fiancee if it wasn't for my friend who insisted I visit the "motherland" The interview resulted in a a refusal worksheet marked under section 221(g) False statement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A young pregnant woman with a fiancé in the US will not likely be given a tourist visa. Especially since she clearly has immigrant intent.

False statement? What was the false statement?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's rather shocking, they either insinuating you have made your relative pregnant, or being racist. I was going to suggest you have DNA tests done and certified to show you are not related, but I'm not even sure that would have overcome this officer's viewpoint :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Better chance of it snowing today at 66 degrees outside. Why was the k1 denied?

Yesterday it was 65f and still snow on the ground, not a lot.

I agree with the refused K1 little to no chance if chance is the word.

Have you consulted with a lawyer? Also interested in where she lied.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Question #33 on the I-129F asks if your fiance is related to you. Based on what has been said about the "similar facial features" this could have been the reason if they checked "no" and the officer thinks otherwise. Although one would think some type of blood work would need to be done for proof.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Depending on why the K-1 was denied, you may be better spending your money taking a trip to see her and getting married, then doing the CR-1 visa.

But the why it was denied is definitely key here.

Getting married won't solve anything until they find out the exact reason for the denial and address it. They will be denied for the same reasons unless they fix what is broken. They CO seems to think they are related and stated the reason for denial is making false statements, or in other words misrepresentation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Also as Teddy stated, a DNA test could easily rule in or out being related. Being denied simply because you have similar facial features seemed far fetched and it seems from the denial letter she lied about something. Did they tell you what they think she lied about? Misrepresentation is serious.

Getting married won't solve anything until they find out the exact reason for the denial and address it. They will be denied for the same reasons unless they fix what is broken. They CO seems to think they are related and stated the reason for denial is making false statements, or in other words misrepresentation.

Glad you agree....I was clear that it was very dependent on why the K-1 was denied. And it was before anything was mentioned about misrepresentation.

I think we all agree that without knowing what was deemed as misrepresentation, no one can offer any solid advice for next steps.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.