feeling_hopeful

We've given up. Visa never arrived.

67 posts in this topic

Being frustrated is understandable, but to say you are giving up on the visa, means you are giving up on your fiancé. If you want to give up so easy now. what will marriage life be for you?

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Wow that's so strange to give up at this stage. So many people on VJ would fight tooth and nail until they got their partner to the US. Maybe it wasn't meant to be?

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Giving up after only just filing last June ? Seriously ? It took us 5 years from meeting to finally being together. We were in AP for 16 months

and then our case was denied and returned. We filed again and were approved. It was a rough journey. If you can't handle your delay for 6 months then

yes it is better to quit now. Not sure why you even started in the first place with that 'giving up' attitude.....perhaps it was not a real love but a fling because

true love endures all, especially a few months or year of waiting.

Just shaking my head at the instant microwave expectations when it comes to some people's visa journeys.

Reality check....yours is not a nightmare but the normal procedure, come on, one months of waiting after the interview ?! :bonk:

I do have to agree with you on some points. There are so many people no here as much that I see but on FB groups and such that they get very frustrated only after a couple of months of waiting. As a K1 filer I am frustrated after over 6 months of waiting but I knew what we were in for and I also know that depending on the visa type and country there are people waiting much much longer. But so many honestly don't seem to know what they are in for or did any research prior to submitting the initial petition. I'm not saying that's this situation but just as a general observation.

Just want to say a big thank you for nothing to the Dominican Embassy.

Got approved a month aago, status on CEAC never updated past ready for interview, nothing on USTraveldocs and no way to contact anyone for help. Just a blank document delivery box with no information.

Hopefully others will have an easier time.

Thanks for all the support here - I hope none of you have to go through the nightmare I've gone through.

This is my last post here.

Some journeys are never meant to complete I guess.

Are you serious? One month after interview and you're giving up? It's definitely too early to worry about your situation, don't get too nervous and try not to mess up while the waiting, calm down and relax you will get your documents soon! It seems that there's a backlog in the embassy but you're definitely fine, if there is something wrong with your case you or your fiancé you will be notified, be strong and wait for the good things. Best of the luck for you guys.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Giving up after only just filing last June ? Seriously ? It took us 5 years from meeting to finally being together. We were in AP for 16 months

and then our case was denied and returned. We filed again and were approved. It was a rough journey. If you can't handle your delay for 6 months then

yes it is better to quit now. Not sure why you even started in the first place with that 'giving up' attitude.....perhaps it was not a real love but a fling because

true love endures all, especially a few months or year of waiting.

Just shaking my head at the instant microwave expectations when it comes to some people's visa journeys.

Reality check....yours is not a nightmare but the normal procedure, come on, one months of waiting after the interview ?! :bonk:

It's been 10 years since we met and we are still not together in the States....

[link=http://www.weddingcountdown.com/]
[/link]

USCIS:

7/10/13--Mailed I-130 via USPS

7/11/13--Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox @ 11:49 A.M.

7/11/13--NOA1

1/3/14---I-130 transferred to Nebraska Service Center (called USCIS @ 1:34 P.M. to receive update)

1/6/14---Received hardcopy of I-130 transfer notice

3/10/14--Received NOA2 via text message and email @ 2:30 P.M.

3/13/14--Case left USCIS via text message and email @ 8:15 A.M.

3/14/14--Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC:

3/25/14--Case received by NVC

4/25/14--Case number assigned by NVC

4/30/14--DS-261 submitted to NVC

4/30/14--AOS Bill received

5/01/14--IV Bill received

5/13/14--AOS and IV Bills paid

6/25/14--AOS Package sent

6/27/14--AOS Package received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this is not a 1000 piece puzzle you are making that you get frustrated and just give up. You are planning on marrying this person and spending the rest of your lives together, you cant give up that easily :|

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No body ever said this process is easy, or short! There are many "road blocks" and "pit-falls"..,.,.we must find a way past them, and keep trying.

Do not give up as close as you are!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Please don't give up yet. Have you contacted the embassy using the instructions from their website? http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-contact-e.html

At least contact them and see what they have to say about your file.

Aww! My fellow June filer! Don't give up we've been waiting for so long, remember how excited we were to finally get our NOA2 and then how excited we were to interview and get approved? Don't lose the faith. Two weeks ago on 3/3 my fiance had his interview and we're waiting for the visa too. It sucks waiting after making it to this final step away from each other but I must tell you if I end up having to wait one month or one year I'm not going to give up. This is the easy part, believe it or not...

Hang in there!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Despite VJ being a DIY yourself site, it is always mentioned that when one encounters irregularities in one's case it is advised to hire a lawyer. His case qualifies. A lawyer requesting a specific inquiry from a Senator or Congressman on the OPs behalf could possibly receive a better reply than he has received. His case isn't as smooth as yours was, so doing whatever is possible to shed light on his case isn't wrong advice.

Not to mention, I do recall someone being in the OP's exact scenario. They hired a lawyer that had a contact in the embassy and the problem that this particular person tried to resolve for months was resolved in a few days.

post above removed and returned minus personal insults and hijacking of the thread.

please refrain from making personal insults towards other members.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Charles, I think you're being selective in your administrative editing -- I agree it is a good idea to remove "escertainLove" comments you deem as "personal insults". But I think you need to also go back and remove or edit the similarly condescending comments that precipitated the reaction from escertainLove. That's the only way to ensure fairness.

I would advice that, as senior members, we must act as example to others and not resort to talking down to and using condescending remarks in an attempt to 'silence' or 'correct' other members. There's a polite and respectful way to correct someone, even it is clear they have provided wrong information. We must think about the attitudes that drive people away from this site after they're through with their immigration process.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but I need to vent.

We did NOT break up. I am making arrangements to move there. I figure I have enough to move there and live like a king for a few years. I wanted her to live here with me but I believe it's not going to happen.

The reasons I am freaking out?

1) USTraveldocs has no record of anything with our passport. Nothing.

2) Calling anyone (or entering number in the machine) states that the passport number does not exist. I bet some idiot there punched in the wrong number and now all is lost. THE CEAC website still does not reflect that I have had an interview and is saying READY for interview with a date of December.

3) My last visit there I spent 3 weeks making arrangements, saying goodbyes, moving her out of her home, and generally saying bye to everything.

4) She is constantly being harassed and bullied by people there saying that she's a liar about getting a visa, and that I have problems and the visa will never go through.

For the record, I don't know what the delay is. I have a proper job with proper money, never been arrested, have never been married, it's my first time filing for a K1, have a proper home, car and everything. No loans or any debt. I might sound braggy, but I am perfect financially and socially.

Only thing I can imagine is the fact that, even though I am a born and raised US Citizen, every time I fly there I am harassed because I have an Indian sounding name and face. Seriously, every time...I am asked if I am Indian. When I say no, they ask more questions. EVERY TIME. I can't help but racism is playing a part here.

I don't expect sympathy for me. It's what it is. I'm lucky that I have enough to fix things there.

Thanks for listening to my b*tching for the last few months.

Is there a way to interview again?

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.