75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Exactly, It cost $10 for everyone, but his wife told him it cost $380.

And now his wife is telling him this horror story about a "Friend".

This is why I don't put much belief in this second hand story......

LOL, I know damn well it doesn't cost $380 to renew license. Nothing is expensive in the Philippines.... lol

The $380, which I correct myself, it's $385 for the services of CGFNS.

All I said in previous post was:

"My wife's nursing license is expired in the Philippines. Should she get that renewed before she processes her paperwork through CGFNS or does it really matter if it's expired or not? She doesn't want to pay the $380 yet if it's going to be delayed due to her license being expired... Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thnx"

I NEVER said that's what her license cost to renew. She didn't want to pay the $380 (actual $385) to start the process with CGFNS. I pretty much thought it was obvious what I was talking about so I didn't think I had to clarify what the $380 was for. I'm sorry I didn't find an even more simiplier way of explaining it and I don't see how my wife's friend has anything to do with getting money out of me. Nothing was ever stated about needing or wanting money. I think your getting off topic a little bit. The topic is regarding her friend in Florida, not her or her becoming a nurse. That has been figured out already and in process, thank you!

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think and this is my personal views many red flags are here. My thing is, if a relationship is SO bad regarding you ability to provide or not you will fun forest run. You will somehow catch the attention of a neighbor, or, somebody. That downtown that is allotted everyday on the internet I'd be investigating. Id also be asking my friend in Ohio that I speak to often with when allowed time to be feeding me some information where to get help ect as they have the 'liberty' to do so. I am a nurse and have seen status post domestic violence situations.....these women have a plan in mind not "I think I will wait until..." while I can't diminish the possibility of unfairness, control because she is a foreigner and young, she does not seem too desperate or she would not wait for her greencard! Furthermore, the friend in Ohio could sponsor her.. sounds sadly like a classic case.... too many red flags. When a person is in immediate danger they have a plan and they head towards that safe haven. They don't wait until they get whatever they are AFTER. It is immediate. My conclusion, pre-meditated fraud.

Edited by E-N

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She wants to stay here in the US though. She told my wife that she wants to stay cause it's her first real shot of making something of herself and she feels shamed by what is happening.

so have her present a post-nup to the husband,

covering her 'stuff'

then let us know the outcome.

The post-nup can contain written language that is the anti-thesis of what you've complained about, back in post #1.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I think and this is my personal views many red flags are here. My thing is, if a relationship is SO bad regarding you ability to provide or not you will fun forest run. You will somehow catch the attention of a neighbor, or, somebody. That downtown that is allotted everyday on the internet I'd be investigating. Id also be asking my friend in Ohio that I speak to often with when allowed time to be feeding me some information where to get help ect as they have the 'liberty' to do so. I am a nurse and have seen status post domestic violence situations.....these women have a plan in mind not "I think I will wait until..." while I can't diminish the possibility of unfairness, control because she is a foreigner and young, she does not seem too desperate or she would not wait for her greencard! Furthermore, the friend in Ohio could sponsor her.. sounds sadly like a classic case.... too many red flags. When a person is in immediate danger they have a plan and they head towards that safe haven. They don't wait until they get whatever they are AFTER. It is immediate. My conclusion, pre-meditated fraud.

Yea, since posting this it does sound kinda odd. I mean I could kinda understand if she was really young, but mid 30s, you should be pretty much able to stand up for yourself instead of making yourself look like a victim. Unless her whole real plan was to just get green card, but what confuses me about the whole situation, if all this stuff is really happening, she could STILL get the green card, unless what she's really doing is just trying to make ppl feel sorry for her or she just wants to be the center of attention. I seriously don't know how long they have been friends and I know they hardly talk on the phone, but then again, I don't monitor my wife's calls lol

Whatever the guy knew before they got married, must of been pretty bad or it could be he's just scared and nervous and don't want to take the chance of being taken for everything he's got. It just a big mess and I'm mainly trying to stay clear but I didn't know what I should do, if anything. It just caught me off guard but as I said, after reading some comments, if she really wanted to do something, she could, but she's not and that's the real question....Why not?

I appreciate mostly everyone's response and thank you all so so VERY much!!!

so have her present a post-nup to the husband,

covering her 'stuff'

then let us know the outcome.

The post-nup can contain written language that is the anti-thesis of what you've complained about, back in post #1.

Never heard of a post-nup, personally. I'll have to check that out. I've only heard of a pre-nup. Thank you for your response!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

best wishes for her though! If the situation is so bad, it is best to leave safely and with MORE dignity. If her true desire is to remain in the US, it will happen on better terms. Regardless of the situation using someone else is never the right answer whether that person deserves it or not. For the elder, his payback will come, for the younger, if she is indeed using him it will come back on her too. all the best

Filed: Timeline

I am a family law attorney, though not licensed in Florida. In most states, a prenup can be deemed unenforceable if procured under very one-sided circumstances, or if the terms are extremely unfair. In my state, I would probably be able to get the prenup thrown out. Additionally, the husband could be made to pay spousal support and attorney's fees while the divorce case is pending.

Your friend should see an experienced family law attorney in her area. Depending on circumstances, there are some who may take the case with the expectation that the husband would be ordered to pay attorney's fees. It's also possible that legal aid is available in her area.

Absolutely. I've seen judges toss pre-nups several times. Many people find (false) sense of security in them though … that anything the other signs will stick if and when the times comes. The 'old guy' in question probably believes the pre-nup will protect him in the event of a claim for reimbursement under the I-864.

Estate planning and trusts are a much better way to protect assets.

Filed: Timeline

I NEVER said that's what her license cost to renew. She didn't want to pay the $380 (actual $385) to start the process with CGFNS. I pretty much thought it was obvious what I was talking about so I didn't think I had to clarify what the $380 was for. I'm sorry I didn't find an even more simiplier way of explaining it and I don't see how my wife's friend has anything to do with getting money out of me. Nothing was ever stated about needing or wanting money. I think your getting off topic a little bit. The topic is regarding her friend in Florida, not her or her becoming a nurse. That has been figured out already and in process, thank you!

It was to me too … don't know why others found it confusing. Perhaps just browsing too quickly without really paying attention.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She is 35 working and has been married a year.

Sounds like he is retired.

What does she expect to get? No children thankfully.

One would like to think she would suffer for her scam, reality suggest this is very unlikely.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

She wants to stay here in the US though. She told my wife that she wants to stay cause it's her first real shot of making something of herself and she feels shamed by what is happening.

Oh well, marrying a US citizen is not the only way to make something of herself. no offense but some people really thought that living here in the US changes their way of life and social status in their home country. I am a Filipina and by hardwork and perseverance I can say that I was able to attain my needs and wants and because of love, I gave up everything and it's all worth it.

If I were your wife's friend, i'd rather go home and swallow my pride than living in a hell.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Never heard of a post-nup, personally. I'll have to check that out. I've only heard of a pre-nup. Thank you for your response!

I suspect the post-nup is not a legally binding document, but is instead a 95 theses nailed to the door of the marriage home that addresses her needs in the context of the pre-nup.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Am I missing something? Are there other posts that have been made by the OP that suggest or imply wife's friend is a scammer or a fraud and have been deleted? There are many members on this forum that have huge age gaps. Should we assume that all of there relationships are scams as well? Most wide age gap relationships I have seen on this forum are from the Philippine's but I have also seen them from countries posting on this forum.

Playing devils advocate here, why isn't anyone questioning what is this US senior citizen intentions with entering a relationship with a 35 year old? What does he have to offer this 35 year old Phillipina other than what has been mentioned by a few in prior post's (green card). We are applauding this senior citizen for being on top of his game by having a PRENUP and manipulating, abusing, this 35 year old women from the Philippine's who left her country, family and friends for a better life in USA. I have never been to the Philippine's but have heard most Philippine's live in poverty. Perhaps this is the biggest factor motivating this 35 year old Plillipina and not a green card. What is the US senior citizen biggest factor? Who is doing the scamming???????

Timeline

This is the reason why filipina need to attend CFO seminar before leaving her country to be with their husband or fiance

they discussed this and what they need to do if their husband treated them this way.

It is proof how useless the CFO seminar is. We have at least two Filipinas in this thread who are clueless about what to do and are asking people who have never been to such a seminar for advice.

The Filipinas should be the experts and should be the ones giving advice because they are the only ones who have been to a seminar. If we believe in the validity of the seminar requirement.

The people that have the mighty intellect required to use google don't need the seminar in the first place, and the people who don't have that astonishing degree of intellect are not going to benefit anyway because they are just sitting there smiling and kissing bureaucratic butt in order to get that precious sticker. If you tell them they have to sit under a cow while it is urinating on them, they'll smile and say thank you for the same reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.