whysodifficult?

Would NEVER go K1 route again

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Having just spent an absolute fortune on the K1 process, I am seriously doubting my sanity. Other than having the satisfaction of knowing I followed the rules, I can't figure out why anyone would subject themselves to this. Why not just go the route of entering on a tourist visa and then getting married here in the States?

Having just spent an absolute fortune on the K1 process, I am seriously doubting my sanity. Other than having the satisfaction of knowing I followed the rules, I can't figure out why anyone would subject themselves to this. Why not just go the route of entering on a tourist visa and then getting married here in the States?

Rather than ask people to do that, why you are not just try by yourself? ;)

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

And exactly how would it be proven? Enter on tourist visa and be a tourist. Nothing illegal about it. Just as with K1, you have time to decide to remain a tourist or whether to get married. If you came in with an absolute 100% certainty you were getting married, then yes, it is closer to fraud.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The K-1 visa is not a tourist visa and requires that you marry within 90 days of entering the US. If you came in with an absolute 100% certainty you were getting married, then yes, it is fraud. [fixed that for you]

And exactly how would it be proven? Enter on tourist visa and be a tourist. Nothing illegal about it. Just as with K1, you have time to decide to remain a tourist or whether to get married. If you came in with an absolute 100% certainty you were getting married, then yes, it is closer to fraud.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Rather than ask people to do that, why you are not just try by yourself? ;)

It is called a rhetorical question.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If it's not fraud, then would you suggest telling the CBP that the visitor visa holder intends to marry a USC and stay? What do you think would happen there? Nothing illegal right?

CBP has no problem with people with visitor visas telling them that they intend to violate the terms of those visitor visas right? If no fraud, then what's the problem.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

you have the right to marry while you're on a tourist visa but your chances to do adjustment of status is almost dead because you'll be under fraud department investigations

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

Does anybody have a link to anybody on VJ who adjusted from tourist or VWP that even got asked about their "intent"? I only have read successful ones who were never asked anything about it, but I don't typically read that forum regularly is why I am asking. I mean recent ones after that one District decided to not allow it and refused some people and after USCIS came out with an opinion on VWP http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/nativedocuments/2013-1114_AOS_VWP_Entrants_PM_Effective.pdf

K1 worked for us because we needed some time to ease the idea in to our friends and families and make plans for the transition. My husband wasn't like some of these youngsters who could pick up and leave on the next plane with only a duffle bag in tow. We applied months before telling people and it didn't take but four and a half months to get the visa, so not a bad experience really.

NOTE: Yes, I do understand the fraud and intent bit. I am just curious if anyone recently has been busted for intent and has posted a first hand experience on VJ.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

So, you are in a long term long distance relationship. You have been to visit her in the past and she comes to visit you. While she is here visiting, you both say #######, lets go ahead and get married. Where is the fraud????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.