67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I see you already contacted Embassy. You are the applicant. Why they are saying they can not disclose any information other then the applicant? Contact them back and tell them you are the applicant. Looks like some stupid ignorant people working at this embassy.

i think her husband is the applicant , he is applying for the visa not her ..she is the petitioner

Edited by ItsGonnaBeWorthIt

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I think it is same thing. She is petitioner or applicant whatever you call it. He is the beneficiary.

i think her husband is the applicant , he is applying for the visa not her ..she is the petitioner

I think it is same thing. She is petitioner or applicant whatever you call it. He is the beneficiary

Seems to me that there are some real important facts missing in this whole "story"

They give information to the applicant and/or the petitioner.

Kinda makes you think something was not cool with the med results and that is why the whole confidentiality statement was made to the OP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, when it comes to medical results, nothing can be disclosed except to the applicant as it's his/her personal medical information. So even if it's all clear, they still can't say that. I know, silly, but it's in the FAM (Foreign Affairs Manual). Now back to your visa journey already in progress...

Hey Alicia,

You mentioned before that the doctor asked for more and more money? Do I remember right? You guys denied to pay more money so maybe the doctor fuc*ed up his medical results on purpose bc of that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Alicia,

You mentioned before that the doctor asked for more and more money? Do I remember right? You guys denied to pay more money so maybe the doctor fuc*ed up his medical results on purpose bc of that?

sounds reasonable

I'm so sorry for them

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey Alicia,

someone would actually risk their medical license to screw someone over for a visa? any sane person wouldn't , unless laws are different in other countries

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

We have been together for 3 years. I have been to morocco dozens of times. No flags, he's one year older than me, speaks fluent english, and we submitted lots of pictures letters and plane stubs. Interview went well until the CO said the medical had not arrived. He gave him his passport back and the VAWA pamphlet. He was told the embassy would contact him when the medical arrived. When he spoke with the doctor, the doctor said he delivered the medical two days after the interview. Our status changes this evening to refused. CEAC said to read the paper given at the interview for the reason for denial which was missing documents - the reason we were in AP to begin with.

Can't you challenge it? I am so sorry to hear this

sounds reasonable

I'm so sorry for them

Me too :( I can't find words to express my feelings. I am scared of my interview now. Yesterday I learned that a Polish girl is under AP at the embassy. She knows his fiance for 7 years and they have been together for 5. The consulate needs more proofs!!!! Seriously?!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Wait a week or so and then email and ask specific questions pertaining to YOUR petition such as :

1.Has my petition been returned to USCIS ? If yes, when has it been returned ( all though CEAC should state that).

2. What date did the medical arrive and been entered into your system ?

3. Is he in security / background checks / AP or will the petition be returned ?

You are the petitioner and have a right to ask about the whereabouts of your petition. If the answers are still elusive make a congressional inquiry

about what your case status is.

To get specific answers ask specific questions and don't leave room for vague answers like you received.

Hoping that the 'refused' was a temporary refusal until they can process the medical and I would think some AP, given it is Morocco where almost everyone

goes through some weeks/months of security checks.

If this drags on and on and your case gets returned then file a FOIA request, both filling out a form each and giving permission for the privacy issues, so you

will know what you are dealing with.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I see you already contacted Embassy. You are the applicant. Why they are saying they can not disclose any information other then the applicant? Contact them back and tell them you are the applicant. Looks like some stupid ignorant people working at this embassy.

Alicia, so sorry to hear about it and I am really having you both in my thoughts and praying it was just a matter of them processing the medical records and then finally changing it into approved!!!

NikaMo, in this case the foreign fiancé is the applicant because he is the one applying for the Visa, that's how they refer to us, the fiancé (e) of USC at this stage!! :)

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you will overcome this. Just need to identify the problem. Could it be a different missing document than medical?

Thanks,

rs

Nothing I say should in any way be construed as a breach of VJ TOS. http://www.visajourn...m/content/terms

All my comments regarding any visa's or routes to obtaining one are subject to their individual terms and conditions, the full extent of which can not possibly be fully detailed in any reply on a forum such as this.

In particular but not limited to condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

If you read it that way please re read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote. Or what somebody could misconstrue that I wrote.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your husband might need to be more proactive and go and get his medical results.

Take them to the consulate himself. Dont stop calling them to find out what happened. Maybe it is just a clerical error and you dont want them to send your petition back here.

If I was living back there again this is what I would do with my husband. I found I had to be very persistant with getting things done in Morocco.

BTW why would they give your husband a VAWA pamphlet?

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

BTW why would they give your husband a VAWA pamphlet?

Why not? Men get abused too. Sure he should probably have gotten a MAWA pamphlet but I'm pretty sure the basic message is the same.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm not sure how to upload a picture of the 221G but he sent me a picture of it and it says the medical is missing, bring that and a copy of the letter and his passport. Would it still work if we got another medical that he took himself and the refusal letter with his passport to the embassy himself?

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.