dwheels76

February 2015 Interviews

1,200 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hello vj friends my interview is coming after tomorrow, please visit this link to read about my questions

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/529706-help-consulate-interview-in-48-hours/

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I received my P4 letter today!! :) Interview date was given over the phone on 12/31/14

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my interview date is on 24th Feb but anyone know's till how long i can delay/reschedule my interview ? i want to set it in june/july time

USCIS
2013-09-24 - Sent i-130
2013-09-27 - Priority date
2013-09-27 - NOA1
2014-03-03 - Transferred to NSC

2014-03-27 - RFE
2014-04-14 - NOA2

NVC
2014-04-24 - NVC received
2014-05-29 - NVC case number/IIN assigned

2014-06-06 - DS261 available and completed

2014-06-06 - AoS fee invoiced and paid

2014-06-24 - AoS Package sent

2014-12-23 - Case Complete

2015-01-03 - Got my Interview Date

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello good people. Am new to this forum and need some helpful information.

How long does one stay before he or she pick up the visa after interview has been succeful and visa approved in Lagos consulate.

Input is highly appreciated. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hello vj friends my interview is coming after tomorrow, please visit this link to read about my questions

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/529706-help-consulate-interview-in-48-hours/

I read it and it looks you're fully covered!

Good luck at the interview and please let us know how was it! :)

12/05/2013 Got married

CR1 Visa process
12/26/2013 NOA1 date
07/07/2014 NOA2 date (7 loooong months).
07/10/2014 left USCIS
07/22 arrived at NVC
07/31 Case# assigned
08/01 AOS Bill invoiced and DS 261
08/02 AOS bill paid and DS 261 completed
08/05 AOS bill shows PAID in the ceac website
08/13 AOS package sent
08/18 AOS package delivered (USPS website track number)
09/11 IV Bill invoiced
09/12 IV bill shows PAID
09/12 DS 260 completed
09/12 IV package sent
09/18 IV package received (rep. told this date but the 60 days waiting letter says 09/16).
10/17 - AOS checklist. Tax transcripst 2013 missing (husband thought W2s were enough)
10/21 - Checklist scanned
12/12 - Case Complete!!!!!!!!!!! thank God!
01/06/2015 - Medicals
01/12/2015 - Interview date ((It was Feb 27th but due to a cancellation they rescheduled to Jan 21!!!!!) - VISA APPROVED!!! Interview review on my timeline. :)
01/15/2015 - Visa in hand
01/22/2015 - POE (Los Angeles)!!!!!!!!

I-751 Removal of Conditions

11/03/2016 - Package sent

11/09/2016 - Check deposited and NOA 1 received

11/04/2016 - NOA 1 Date
12/08/2016 - Biometric Appt.

"God is always with us"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I read it and it looks you're fully covered!

Good luck at the interview and please let us know how was it! :)

thanks for reading and commenting, i will definitely. goodluck with ur journey

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Woke up this morning and received our P4 letter, we got our interview scheduled for the 25th of February!!

I am hoping someone can help me with one of the notes in the letter:

"Bring updated Federal income tax information to the interview. If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of
Support) and provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal income tax extension in lieu of a Federal
income tax return, bring the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return to the visa interview."
We are using a joint- sponsor, both the joint sponsor and my wife sent in their AoS with the latest IRS federal income tax return of 2013.
2014 has not been done yet, is it the 2013 tax return one I should bring?
Or what are they asking me for here?
Thanks!

Maybe her DWheelsness will put this in the first post:

This line on your P4 letter:

"Bring updated Federal income tax information to the interview. If a sponsor filed an I-864 (Affidavit of
Support) and provided the NVC with proof of an IRS Federal income tax extension in lieu of a Federal
income tax return, bring the sponsor's most recent Federal income tax return to the visa interview."
means:
*IF* (and only if) your sponsor (and/or co-sponsor(s)) filed an extension for the prior tax year you must bring the completed tax return to your interview.
Taxes returns are due on April 15th of the year. IF a sponsor or co-sponsor files an extension, this gives you until October of the tax year to file your return. Your embassy/consulate wants to have the MOST RECENT tax return in their files. If you submitted your I-864 without the CURRENT tax return, you must bring it to the interview. If you submitted the most recent tax return with your I-864 YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!
2014 Tax returns are not due until April 15th, 2015. Therefore, you do not have to submit 2014 tax return info to the Embassy/Consulate if your interview date is prior to April 16th in any given year. This line on the P4 letter is just boilerplate language.
I know it's confusing. I did the same thing. My I-864 was submitted on April 12, 2014 but was not acknowledged by NVC until April 15, 2014. I submitted my 2013 tax returns with the I-864 package. I brought my 2014 returns to the interview (I attended the interview with my spouse), thinking this line on the P4 applied to our case - and the clerk at the Consulate didn't even accept them.
Rest easy! You are fine!
Sukie in NY
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi does anybody know what's the process in changing your interview location? and how long it takes for the new consulate to accomodate that reuqest? thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Maybe her DWheelsness will put this in the first post:

This line on your P4 letter:

means:
*IF* (and only if) your sponsor (and/or co-sponsor(s)) filed an extension for the prior tax year you must bring the completed tax return to your interview.
Taxes returns are due on April 15th of the year. IF a sponsor or co-sponsor files an extension, this gives you until October of the tax year to file your return. Your embassy/consulate wants to have the MOST RECENT tax return in their files. If you submitted your I-864 without the CURRENT tax return, you must bring it to the interview. If you submitted the most recent tax return with your I-864 YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING!
2014 Tax returns are not due until April 15th, 2015. Therefore, you do not have to submit 2014 tax return info to the Embassy/Consulate if your interview date is prior to April 16th in any given year. This line on the P4 letter is just boilerplate language.
I know it's confusing. I did the same thing. My I-864 was submitted on April 12, 2014 but was not acknowledged by NVC until April 15, 2014. I submitted my 2013 tax returns with the I-864 package. I brought my 2014 returns to the interview (I attended the interview with my spouse), thinking this line on the P4 applied to our case - and the clerk at the Consulate didn't even accept them.
Rest easy! You are fine!
Sukie in NY

Thank you Sukie for the info!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone, We have our interview scheduled for the Feb 4, 2015. On the interview letter, it says to bring sponsor's tax returns. We already provided NVC that. Why would they request it again? and I also have a co-sponsor, so do I provide the co-sponsor's tax returns too. Please advice.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey everyone, We have our interview scheduled for the Feb 4, 2015. On the interview letter, it says to bring sponsor's tax returns. We already provided NVC that. Why would they request it again? and I also have a co-sponsor, so do I provide the co-sponsor's tax returns too. Please advice.

Look at the post above you. No need to provide it again if already submitted to NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

THREE MISTAKES ON MY HUSBAND's ADDRESS ON THE P4 LETTER.. WILL REQUESTING FOR ANOTHER LETTER WITH CORRECTED ADDRESS DELAY THE PROCESS?? WILL IT TAKE LONGER FOR NVC TO SEND ME ANOTHER P4 LETTER?? CAN WE USE THIS LETTER FOR MEDICALS UNTIL THE CORRECTED ONE COMES IN EMAIL?? THIS IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! :( :( :(

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

THREE MISTAKES ON MY HUSBAND's ADDRESS ON THE P4 LETTER.. WILL REQUESTING FOR ANOTHER LETTER WITH CORRECTED ADDRESS DELAY THE PROCESS?? WILL IT TAKE LONGER FOR NVC TO SEND ME ANOTHER P4 LETTER?? CAN WE USE THIS LETTER FOR MEDICALS UNTIL THE CORRECTED ONE COMES IN EMAIL?? THIS IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! :( :( :(

I don't think you need to request updated letter. If they have the address wrong on file you can correct it at the time of the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.