1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone tell me is it required to have a divorce decree at the time of interview? Will the IO officer ask for it before making any decisions, or it will not matter for them?

!

If your divorce is finalized bring the divorce decree, if it's not, bring proof that it is initiated. It doesn't hurt to have more, but It could hurt if the officer asks for it and you don't have it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow, I should've found this thread several months ago. My last post here in VJ was about my husband not wanting to sign my i864 for AOS as i went here with a fiance visa in 2014. I have been waiting for my turn with the Immigration Rights advocate. They said that it may be as soon as possible.

Anyway, it is so encouraging to read through the posts in this thread. I will check thisfrom time to time. Advocates advised me that my case is surely VAWA, no physical abuse but certainly emotional abuse. I will know more soon.

I'm so thankful to fund this thread.

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

*i meant find not fund this thread

4/29 - I-129f Sent to TX Lockbox

4/30 - Received as per USPS tracking

5/5 - Received NOA1 thru txt and email

5/6 - Alien Registration Number Changed

5/9 - Received NOA1 by mail

5/12 - RFE

5/19 - Submitted docs for RFE

5/21 - RFE Response

6/2 - NOA2, yay!

6/7 - NOA2 hardcopy

6/12 - NVC Received, case number ok

6/13 - In Transit to Consulate

6/17 - "Ready" for interview

6/18 - Medical

7/1 - CFO Seminar

7/18 - Interview APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys, first of all sorry that I do not know how this forum thing works yet. I am 18 and I've been living a nightmare with my family for two years now. My mom married an USA citizen and before marriage they were engaged for 5 years.when we moved he suddenly became abusive and we had to leave. We now applied for our vawa petition but it's been around 7 months since we submitted the papers and today my mom's lawyer received an email from Vermont asking for more evidence. We did receive our prima facie letter seven months ago and we asked for another and they are sending it along with the evidence they are asking. What I want to know if that is a sign that they are planning on denying our vawa petition,and if they are why did they send a prime facie letter in the first place? Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hi dodgertown,

have you heard anything about your I485? this week my 6th week is starting, I talked to an immigration officer on the phone this morning, with my receipt number he couldn't pull up my file in his computer:(...........I don't know why because before it always worked when I spoke to someone.

im still waiting for a respond to my service request as well

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, first of all sorry that I do not know how this forum thing works yet. I am 18 and I've been living a nightmare with my family for two years now. My mom married an USA citizen and before marriage they were engaged for 5 years.when we moved he suddenly became abusive and we had to leave. We now applied for our vawa petition but it's been around 7 months since we submitted the papers and today my mom's lawyer received an email from Vermont asking for more evidence. We did receive our prima facie letter seven months ago and we asked for another and they are sending it along with the evidence they are asking. What I want to know if that is a sign that they are planning on denying our vawa petition,and if they are why did they send a prime facie letter in the first place? Thank you

Prima Facie does not garantee an approval at the end, however I understand most ppl get RFE in the process,

so it does not mean its a denial, just follow their instructions on more evidences....others here can help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

hi dodgertown,

have you heard anything about your I485? this week my 6th week is starting, I talked to an immigration officer on the phone this morning, with my receipt number he couldn't pull up my file in his computer:(...........I don't know why because before it always worked when I spoke to someone.

im still waiting for a respond to my service request as well

Amika,

I am still waiting too. Will go to an Infopass appointment on the 20th of this month.

Are you sure that you spoke to an Immigration Officer and not regular Customer Service Agent? They don't normally let you speak to IO over the phone, unless you specifically request one. The regular CS agents that answer the phone have limited access to your file. When you call them next time ask for Tier 2 Officer.

Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am so happy today. I had some very difficult cases, but this case is special for me. This man stayed at the shelter for 5 months with his kids.He got a BAD RFE, but I answered 8/10 pages, and today he was approved. Praise the Lord. He will post here later.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Amika,

I am still waiting too. Will go to an Infopass appointment on the 20th of this month.

Are you sure that you spoke to an Immigration Officer and not regular Customer Service Agent? They don't normally let you speak to IO over the phone, unless you specifically request one. The regular CS agents that answer the phone have limited access to your file. When you call them next time ask for Tier 2 Officer.

Good luck.

hi dodgertown,

I talked first to a customer service agent, she then transferred me to an immigration officer, the IO couldn't pull up my case and as well he mentioned it might be because that the case is sensitive,........I would want to do an infopass so bad, but my local office is 5hours away from me, and I wouldn't mind to do this trip again, but I have take my kids with me back and forward all the time I have to go to local office......

...........im gonna wait 60 days at least and then I might see what othere options are avavile for me othere than infopass

keep me updated, I wish you good luck, hopefully you will get some good news

Amika,

Good luck.

hi dodgertown,

I talked first to a customer service agent, she then transferred me to an immigration officer, the IO couldn't pull up my case and as well he mentioned it might be because that the case is sensitive,........I would want to do an infopass so bad, but my local office is 5hours away from me, and I wouldn't mind to do this trip again, but I have take my kids with me back and forward all the time I have to go to local office......

...........im gonna wait 60 days at least and then I might see what othere options are avavile for me othere than infopass

keep me updated, I wish you good luck, hopefully you will get some good news

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I am so happy today. I had some very difficult cases, but this case is special for me. This man stayed at the shelter for 5 months with his kids.He got a BAD RFE, but I answered 8/10 pages, and today he was approved.

Way to go, Sandra.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello VJ members,

I dont know how best I thank Sandra because its even hard to believe that such people do exist in today's world. She is an amazing lady.

I was abused with my kids and I was dumped in the middle of no where. my last resort was a shelter where I lived from October 2014 to May 2015. Members its a long story I am speechless.

My case was so complicated that even Sandra told me it was of its own kind but She instilled faith in me and we prayed and she worked tirelessly on my case todate.

In short, I filed on December 15, 2014, received a VERY BAD RFE at that moment I passed out, Sandra wrote another explanation of 10 pages. I mailed it on May 29th, since then I have been waiting till today when I recieved the "message of the year 2015!" that "your petition has been approved on november 10th".

Members I could not jump enough and could not scream enough.

I want to tell you members "God puts the way where you dont see it", have faith, finally you gona have light at the end of the tunnel.

VJ has got great members but has got a great resource in "Sandra", with her, no need for a lawyer. One lawyer wasted my time and finally dumped me saying that there is no money to help me through the process and I have no chance of winning. So I am advising all who are still waiting that have faith, keep praying and lets use the resources from this site because these are Godly people who are ready to help free of charge, where can some one find a free service like this? Sandra, may the God Lord reward you all your desires, long live.

Filed: Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS Kasoma!!!! I am so so happy for you and Sandra on this GREAT achievement!! I read your post with tears just imagining how tough it must have been to receive that BAD RFE and then having to wait another 6 months for an approval! Totally agree with you that Sandra is indeed GOD send, one of a kind in this whole planet...God Bless her for all the help she renders us and I will always be thankful for that. Thank you for the encouragement and yes, we all need prayer, hope and Faith as we wait....

Congratulations again and all the best in your new chapter of life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone! Congrats on the approvals :) It's great reading them!! And Sandra you are awesome keep doing what your doing!!!

So today I have a question. When you move you have to update your address with USCIS right? Well yesterday I just signed the lease for an apartment and will start moving! Should I put in the change now, or wait until I am actually moved in? Or does not matter?

Also, the only thing I would like to update is the physical address, as I used a PO Box to receive all my mail from USCIS, and would still like to keep receiving it at that same PO Box in the future? Or just update both and use the same PO Box as mailing address so there is no confusion?

Thanks,

Edited by carguy87

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.