1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

FINALLY Dodgertown!!!! So Happy for you that this journey is officially over!! Thank you so much for posting such a detailed time line. I really wish everyone would do this; it really helps reduce the stress and anxiety levels for those of us who are still waiting and going through the process.

You have been such an inspiration to me and a testimony that no matter how tough or dark this road seems there is hope! God is true to His word and we just have to keep the hope alive by encouraging each other. CONGRATS again!!!

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Dodgertown congratulations!!!!! This is awesome news!! I can't imagine how relieved you feel now. I am so glad that I found this forum because it gives me strengh to wait and believe that everything will be fine that we just need to wait.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Sandra we appreciate you great help to all of us!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Thanks guys. Although my main immigration battle is over, I still have some things to do, like file for divorce. And only God knows if it is gonna be just a simple one, or another set of fights and arguments with wife in court.

Freeish15 - Good luck with your VAWA journey!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I've received my gift for this holiday.

Filed: Other Country: Swaziland
Timeline

Hi Sandra

I eould like to thank you for helping us with info when we need help with our applications i been a silent reader for a while now on this forum☺

MY VAWA TIMELINE:

08-2014 Applied vawa

10-03-2015 RFE RECEIVED

11-03-2015 RFE SUSPENDED

12-22-2014 RFE RECEIVED

02-24-2015 RFE SUSPENDED

05-27-2015 RFE RECEIVED

08-08-2015 VAWA APPROVED

09-09-2015 I-485 LOCKBOX

10-01-2015 BIOMETRICS

10-26-2015 WORK PERMIT/ADVANCE PAROLE RECEIV

11-04-2015 DEPORTATION REMOVAL TERMINATED

Now im just waiting AOS interview date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey guys,

hey dodgertown my congratulations for receiving your greencard finally:))))))))........thanks god

its been 60 days now from the date of my interview have not received anything from uscis, all I know is after talking to tier 2 officer that my file was sent to card production center in texas, been 3 weeks now still nothing?....hmmm kinda weird, anyways Im contacting my congressman to help me out here, as well I scheduled an infopass for next week...........

this is so draining, but good luck to everybody else with your journey, will keep u guys updated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Amika,

I feel your pain. And I am pretty sure that those 60 days you've been waiting feel more like 60 months to you.

You did the right thing by scheduling Infopass. Ask them if case is still at local office (where you were interviewed). If it is still there, that means they are still reviewing it.

My green card was shipped from the state of Kentucky. As well as all my EADs in the past. As far as I know, that is where card production center located. But who knows maybe there is another one in Texas. You should receive I-485 Approval (Welcome to USA) letter in mail. I received this letter before I received my green card. Also keep in mind, when your AOS approved you immediately receive a notification via text or e-mail (of course if signed up for this service). So keep checking your online case status.

You mentioned Texas in your post. The only thing that comes to my mind associated with AOS and Texas (Texas Service Center) is that you file your AOS paperwork there when you are in removal proceedings and want to adjust your status in immigration court. But you were never placed in removal/deportation proceedings right?

These are just random thoughts. Hopefully Infopass will shed more light to your case.

Good luck my friend. Keep us updated.

Filed: Other Timeline

Congratulations to all, hope that everyone will get the freedom and relief.

I'm almost done gathering and completing my vawa file. My case is not strong enough because I did risk and dropped the charges against my ex wife to not let her in jail, I hope the case will succeed and be independent away from the abuse.

Wish you all visa journey members a happy and wonderful new year.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Amika,

I feel your pain. And I am pretty sure that those 60 days you've been waiting feel more like 60 months to you.

You did the right thing by scheduling Infopass. Ask them if case is still at local office (where you were interviewed). If it is still there, that means they are still reviewing it.

My green card was shipped from the state of Kentucky. As well as all my EADs in the past. As far as I know, that is where card production center located. But who knows maybe there is another one in Texas. You should receive I-485 Approval (Welcome to USA) letter in mail. I received this letter before I received my green card. Also keep in mind, when your AOS approved you immediately receive a notification via text or e-mail (of course if signed up for this service). So keep checking your online case status.

You mentioned Texas in your post. The only thing that comes to my mind associated with AOS and Texas (Texas Service Center) is that you file your AOS paperwork there when you are in removal proceedings and want to adjust your status in immigration court. But you were never placed in removal/deportation proceedings right?

These are just random thoughts. Hopefully Infopass will shed more light to your case.

Good luck my friend. Keep us updated.

hey dodgertown,

thank you for your support you giving me,.......yes you know what I stopped even counting the days I will just wait now to hear from the after all this waiting, I already contacted my congressman, he immediately took action once I dropped my documents at his office, so on Thursday I have as well an infopass, its gonna be a 4 hours ride, but hey I gotta do everything I can..............its just crazy cos my attorney did so many service requests as well did she emailed them, and they have not answered yet

for my understanding after doing a research, u are right the card production center is in Kentucky, but in mesquite Texas is the uscis office, which is responsible to order the cards for the card production, but it doesn't even matter I don't even know whats going on with my case, so let see what gonna happen after infopass and congressman getting a respond from them, I will for sure update everybody

thank you for you support my friend

Feb 2014 Married

Aug 2014 I-130 submitted

Dec 2014 I-485 and all supporting docs submitted

Jan 2015 I-130 approved

2.2.2015 Biometrics

3.9.2015 I-131 approved

3.27.2015 EAD received

7.8.2015 I-360 submitted

7.28.2015 RFE notice

7.31.2015 Respond to RFE notice

9.8.2015 Prima Facie

9.18.2015 Notice for AOS interview

10.20.2015 Interview (this was suppose to be for I-130 but the officer was very pleasant and she interviewed me for my pending I-360 saying she will make a recommendation for me not to do a second interview)

I hope this timeline help someone, I am still awaiting the approval of my I-360

I also travelled on my EAD combo card just last week and return yesterday. (this was NYC) The officer asked how long I was out of the country, if I still had a OP against someone and if I was travelling alone. All if this took about 5mins and I was out. Trust the system because this is a Great country who looks out for persons like us who were abused by cruel people.

I will keep you all posted. And for those who have crossed the hurdled congrats and may God continue to bless you and for those still on the journey trust and have faith that God will see you through and for those who are just getting started walk in faith because God will not give us more than we can bear.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi VJ members! I just want to share my case updates with u guys! Today just got my VAWA case approved. I can't express my happiness?????God is good. Thank u all for your support! Here is my timeline.

05/12/2015- Filled VAWA,Adjustment of status and work permit

05/22/15- received notice

06/29/15 - biometrics appointment

07/22/15 -received my work permit

09/18/15- received prima facie

12/07/15-- VAWA Approved.

It's exactly 6 months

Now on to the next step.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.